UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 3: Everyone loves a trilogy...

Fujis

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link Luke. I edited my post above so people might have missed it but I've sent an email to the WLP asking for some more info, etc.

I've also been thinking about the scope of the project and wondering if it's possible to bring in customizers from other boards? I'd like to broaden the participants and hopefully the overall appeal of the project (and the auctions to raise more money).

Once things are completely solidified how would people feel about posting links back to the project thread on other toy forums? Would it be worth it? Could we attract more customizers and/or buyers?

I've also been thinking about the scope of the project and wondering if it's possible to bring in customizers from other boards? I'd like to broaden the participants and hopefully the overall appeal of the project (and the auctions to raise more money).

Once things are completely solidified how would people feel about posting links back to the project thread on other toy forums? Would it be worth it? Could we attract more customizers and/or buyers?

Once everything is finalized I will make a post on the Factory about it, which has attracted several minimate customizers outside of MMV.

Once everything is finalized I will make a post on the Factory about it, which has attracted several minimate customizers outside of MMV.

Thanks Luke, that would be awesome! I've emailed Stuckakid, as they've had links up to past projects, and I'm sure I can twist Dragon's arm to get something up over at the HQ. I was thinking also of The Fwoosh and even the TNI forums.

And it looks like the World Library Partnership is a no-go. I just got an email back from them saying they are "no longer in business". So we're still looking for an international charity that supports children and literacy then...

Maybe Book Aid International?

Edited by Fujis

Er, I'm not really much of a customizer so I'm afraid I can't contribute to this project on that respect (as tempting as the prospect is...) But I will happily help cross-promote Charitymates on my Multiply blog and other boards and such and such.

So far it looks like the major Minimate sites as well as TNI and the Fwoosh are covered. If it helps any I'm an active member on PTK (our Philippines-based toy collector's forum, might be a chance there'll be some good customizers there) and the XKCD boards (though I'm slightly skeptical on whether a bunch of geeky webcomic fans are even familiar with Minimates :ohmy:)

... How else can I help this worthy cause?

Uhh... I can help out with the public domain research? I can learn how to make promotional webcomic strips? :blink:

All those ideas are great and I'm really looking forward to, erm, do good. :)

Another suggestion: Terre des homme, an international charitable federation concentrating on children's rights, founded in 1959 and based in Lausanne. (Says Wiki.)I thought about them earlier on, but I thought they were only acting local - we have for instance a Terre des hommes foundation in Germany supporting over 500 projects worldwide. But then I found out that there is a central "International Federation" as well, so we could go with them. Problem: they aren't on that eBay list... :(

____

Edit:

... How else can I help this worthy cause?

Uhh... I can help out with the public domain research? I can learn how to make promotional webcomic strips? :blink:

Research would be very cool and helpful!

And webcomics would be awesome. That wasn't a joke, right? RIGHT?

Edited by Bob Harris

I have a question: does everybody has to make a different custom? I mean, do I have to call dibs on a particular character as soon as possible? I have three ideas for customs right now and have to check the possibilies of actually customizing those - but haven't the time to do so right now. Should I call dibs on all of those three - which is kind of unfair in my eyes - or is it okay if two people do the same character in case anyone else coming up with the same idea before I announced what I want to do?

In other words: should I be fraking fast considering which character to customize, so this one isn't already sold?

And in other words: I feel kinda twisted right now. :wacko:

I want to do this, but I cant think of someone to do that I know.

I have a question: does everybody has to make a different custom? I mean, do I have to call dibs on a particular character as soon as possible?

I think it's best that everyone does make a different character (although it's not the end of the world if two of the same show up). So sure, "calling dibs" or a least listing a few you're interested in might help.

Fujis, I don't know if you saw my modified post from yesterday, but put me down for QUEEQUEG from Moby Dick. Thanks.

I saw it, I just thought maybe you had hand tremors... :P

Is anyone doing the Three Musketeers yet? It would be pretty darn cool if four enterprising customizers teamed up to do a sweet four-pack...

Oddly enough, I was just looking at images of d'Artagnan...but I think I'll keep looking!

EDIT: I think I'll take a crack at Sherlock Holmes!

Edited by Fujis