UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 3: Everyone loves a trilogy...

Fujis

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some pics of my contribution to Charitymates 3: Queequeg the harpooner from Moby Dick.

Queequeg: As he appears at the beginning of Moby Dick sporting his coat, top hat, shrunken head and of course his harpoon.

th_queg01.jpgth_queg02.jpgth_queg03.jpg

Queequeg: As he appears onboard the Pequod in his whaling attire consisting of his trunks, a top-knot and showing off his tribal tattoos.

th_quee01.jpgth_quee02.jpgth_quee03.jpg

Queequeg: Getting ready to do his thing aboard one of the Pequod's long boats.

th_whaling01.jpgth_whaling02.jpg

This was by far one of my more difficult customs (detailwise). Click here to see how he was made.

Here are some pics of my contribution to Charitymates 3: Queequeg the harpooner from Moby Dick.

Queequeg: As he appears at the beginning of Moby Dick sporting his coat, top hat, shrunken head and of course his harpoon.

th_queg01.jpgth_queg02.jpgth_queg03.jpg

Queequeg: As he appears onboard the Pequod in his whaling attire consisting of his trunks, a top-knot and showing off his tribal tattoos.

th_quee01.jpgth_quee02.jpgth_quee03.jpg

Queequeg: Getting ready to do his thing aboard one of the Pequod's long boats.

th_whaling01.jpgth_whaling02.jpg

This was by far one of my more difficult customs (detailwise). Click here to see how he was made.

gentlemen, let the bidding begin...MM, this is just excellent...I don't know how else to describe it!

MiniMyte, this Queequeg is definitly in the top 10 of the best customs ever! :ohmy: Outstanding! I am speechless! Really. The face expression, the tattoos, the used parts for his suit! Perfect, man! This isn't ordinary customizing, this is Major Luke Leaugue style!

Sorry jcastick, I really like your Scrooge, especially the hair, but there isn't much enthusiasm left after seeing that awesome Queequeg. :blush:

I'm really looking forward to see some new pics of your custom, Clayface. But I guess it would be enough to, you know, just show them, instead of posting that you are going to post them. I'm sure everybody will be clever enough to realize you've posted them, once you've did without telling, right?

This isn't twitter. :blush:

Edited by Bob Harris

Amazing work so far everyone! PM me if you need my mailing address. I've already received one custom from an anonymous customizer and I should be finished Sherlock Holmes soon (I hope!).

Okay, my turn.

titania3.jpg

Titania, Queen of Faries!

Titania features a double sided head, featuring "sweet" and "angry" faces, and color changing wings that go from clear to pink in sunlight! (You can just barely see it in that sixth pic. i should have stayed outside and taken it) Titania also comes with her removable sword and hilt, and the mythical Staff of Regina.

titania4.jpg

titania5.jpg

titania6.jpg

titania8.jpg

titania9.jpg

titania10.jpg

Then there is "woody", Titania's loyal Wood Elf royal guard. He travels incognito and bares Regina when Titania has no need of it. He never uses it himself though, for he is loyal.

titania11.jpg

titania12.jpg

titania13.jpg

titania14.jpg

titania15.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Sweet... love the use of the Lord of the Rings sword and the metallic hairpiece. And Woody is one hell of a bonus! :thumbsup:

(Reading the posts leading up to Dinobot's custom reveal, I suddenly feel like one of those old guy-hecklers from The Muppet Show :lol:)

Captain Nemo

featured in Jules Verne's novels Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea (1870) and The Mysterious Island (1874). Nemo,is one of fictions most famous heroes. a mysterious figure. He is a scientific genius who roams the depths of the sea in his submarine, the Nautilus, which he helped build on a deserted island. The son of Royalty Nemo tries to project a stern, controlled confidence, but he is driven by a thirst for vengeance, and wracked by remorse over the deaths of his crewmembers and even those of enemy sailors. In The Mysterious Island, a gentler Nemo warns the Inhabitants that their island will be destroyed in a volcanic eruption, and helps them to escape before it’s too late.

at the end of the story Nemo dies of a mysterious illness just before the eruption and is buried in his ship that is then sunk to the bottom of the sea.

This Custom Minimate depicts the Good Captain 4 years after his supossed Death, he appears Healthy and strong and maybe even a bit younger that he did 4 years ago?

He now sports a Mechanical arm and some kind of enhanced eye piece that he has fashioned for himself, possibly to replaced damaged body parts caused by the mysterious infection that was said to have claimed his life?

post-189-1243891747_thumb.jpg

post-189-1243891771_thumb.jpg

Ok so i went in a different direction from some of the other customizers involved in this event,

i wanted to "continue" the adventures of my chosen character.

my offering contains the custom Nemo mate with his sword, his flag and a backgroud diarama of his chambers aboard the Nautilus as well as the printed above summery of his adventures and current incarnation. hope its ok.