UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates 3: Everyone loves a trilogy...

Fujis

(Reading the posts leading up to Dinobot's custom reveal, I suddenly feel like one of those old guy-hecklers from The Muppet Show :lol:)

Does that make me Waldorf? :blink:

Anyway, great custom, Matt! I love the idea of coming up with a continued story of Nemo. And he looks great with his mechanical hand and his Mad-Eye-Moody kind of eye. Thumbs up! (And cool flag and diarama (you haven't drawn that by yourself, have you?) as well!)

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished my customs up - here's Aladdin and the genie:

alldn_five.jpg

Aladdin is made from a repainted Minimate with decals for his face and chest details. His shirt tail was made from a modifed Dr. Doom skirt, while his turban and belt were made from Magic Sculpt. Aladdin's magic lamp was made from scratch with Magic Sculpt.

The genie is made from a repainted 2.5" Minimate. His face and chest are made from water-transfer decals. His ears, earrings and goatee are made from Magic Sculpt. The genie's magical base is made from Sculpey.

More pictures will be up on my customs site later this week.

Great work. Your sculpting is amazing, Boyd! I am deeply impressed. The turban, genie's* whirly thing and the magical lamp are brillinat!

I am glad that this isn't a contest! :biggrin:

____

* A note on languages: I never came across the word "genie" actually written down. The same spelling in German - "Genie" - means genius, while a genie in German usually is a "Flschengeist" (lteralyy a "bottle ghost" or "ghost in a bottle") or "Dschinn".

Sweet work Boyd. I am so digging that genie. I love the sculpting of the ears. What is his swirly base made of?

P.S: Fujis... Queequeg mailed out yesterday. Post office says you should have it by Thursday (I hope). LMK when it arrives . Thanks dude.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Sweet work Boyd. I am so digging that genie. I love the sculpting of the ears. What is his swirly base made of?

The genie's base* is made from Sculpey. It was way too big to try and make with Magic Sculpt.

*I wish I could come up with a proper name for the genie's base, but there's doesn't seem to be a word for "smokey tail that genies have instead of legs".

Wait, we have to mail these to Fujis?!

:yes:

That's the plan so Fujis will do all the ebay stuff and also can take one of those charitymates allstars pics.

Thanks for that Bob - yes, customizers need to mail me their customs so I can photograph each one individually and as a group so I can then list them on eBay and ship them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've received three customs up-to-date: MINI-MYTE's, boyd's, and one from an anonymous customizer. Thanks guys!

And as vbpanizzi mentioned, our deadline is fast approaching...how is every doing on their customs? I've been procrastinating far too much myself...

I've been procrastinating far too much myself...

You'll go blind!

Zorro's nearly finished but I genuinely wish I'd tried something harder or....easier! Zorro is ultimately a guy dressed in black ...all black...with a mask ,a hat & a sword :( My legendary customising skills are being taxed to their limit trying to make this guy a bit different.

I've received three customs up-to-date: MINI-MYTE's, boyd's, and one from an anonymous customizer. Thanks guys!

And as vbpanizzi mentioned, our deadline is fast approaching...how is every doing on their customs? I've been procrastinating far too much myself...

I sent mine out on 6/8, im surprised Worried its not there yet :blink: