UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

So apparently these are popular. Am I the only one these are peg warming around?

I suppose, they seem to fly everywhere else. All four of my TRUs went through several cases with a quickness (even the occasional lingering Winston set). T2, on the other hand, is clogging two aisles (Marvel and Misc.) in my area with no signs of further sales (I'm currently sweating the arrival of Series 2). It's too bad that TRU doesn't implement clearance sales quicker for over-stock items like Target does. I'd love to be able to clear out their stock and hook-up fellow Miniacs (and myself)! ;)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so relieved at how well minimates sell at my TRU. There are currently no GB minimates, 2 packs of T2, and 4 packs of Marvel in my store and when they do get new stuff it all goes really quick so I just hope that there aren't too many stores like mentioned here that have a lot of pegwarmers because it would be a shame for them to stop with minimates.

I wish they made more of the characters in the 'gooey' form. That, for me was hilarious part of the film. I wonder what the next film is going to be! They keep hitting some good films.

TRU is so frustrating, I couldn't even find the most of the first set, and any manager I talk to ( I won't even bother with floor folks anymore) they say they are deleting them out of their system and not going to carry Ghost Buster minimates anymore. :wallbash:

thats because when they look up the sku number for the first wave it shows it as "X" status. i had my friend look it up on their computer and it showed the warehouse was pending for the 2nd wave of ghostbuster minimates, so hopefully they'll get it soon.

I just got an email from TRU telling me that they're sending me one pack of GB mates - the Taxi Ghost & Winston pack.

But this is my question:

does it seem reasonable for TRU to charge me $6.99 for a 2-pack, and then slap a shipping rate of $18.74 plus a $9.25 sales tax on it?

I'm paying a total of $34.98 for one pack of minimates :down:

did this happen to anyone else?

Sounds like it is going to be time to start watching in full force for these to show up at the stores here pretty quick. If the last wave is any indication I need to find wave 2 as soon as it is put out because I got my wave one and the rest of the box was gone when I went back to the store later the same day!

QUOTE (Donny B @ Aug 27 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just got an email from TRU telling me that they're sending me one pack of GB mates - the Taxi Ghost & Winston pack.

But this is my question:

does it seem reasonable for TRU to charge me $6.99 for a 2-pack, and then slap a shipping rate of $18.74 plus a $9.25 sales tax on it?

I'm paying a total of $34.98 for one pack of minimates :down:

did this happen to anyone else?

Can't find the posts, but yesterday someone confirmed that you will not be charged any shipping costs for future packages sent that were ordered alongside Winston/Taxi Driver. You are paying for all of their shipping at once with the first order, even though they are coming separately.

Can't find the posts, but yesterday someone confirmed that you will not be charged any shipping costs for future packages sent that were ordered alongside Winston/Taxi Driver. You are paying for all of their shipping at once with the first order, even though they are coming separately.

I couldnt find the post you're referring to either... but then, I didn't know exactly what I was looking for :mellow:

That is correct. TRU charges one shipping fee and applies it to the first to ship. After that, everything in that order ships at no additional shipping charge.

This makes me feel much better.

I had come up with a couple different theories as to why that had happened, and the above stated reason was one of them... but after scouring over the email they sent me and then checking the website, and finally calling customer service (and getting the run around. yay) I couldnt find anything to confirm that theory.

anyway, thanks for the explanation :thumbsup:

My local TRU is beginning to piss me off. I was told last on Monday that Ghostbuster Minimates were expected on the truck today. I had a dentist appointment on that side of town at the same time TRU openned so had a friend call to hold them for which I was told by the manager that they could and would be willing to do. I get out of my dentist and got a message from my friend who said that he was unable to call at ten because of his work. I get there and they never got any. The one shipment the did get was cleared out in less than five minutes them openning two weeks ago.

WHY CAN'T they be more reliable in shipping to the stores. I don't have a credit card so I could not have ordered online and that is not fair that they are sold out all over the place.

(apologies if this is in the wrong place)

After watching a YouTube video called "Familiar Faces" about Janine Melnitz, I'd love to see a Minimate of her. Though to be honest I'd prefer it if they modeled it after the cartoon series (maybe even with her in the uniform) rather than the movies, especally the second one.

For those who are interested:

I know this has already been addressed to a degree, but I just finished playing the Ghostbusters videogame and find myself liking the Amazon set a lot less because of it.

SPOILERS!!!!

I thought these where just minor ghost from the set I had no idea Azetlor and the Architect as were important bosses, but the minimates look NOTHING like their in game counterparts... I found myself saying "that's what the minimate was supposed to be?!" It would be like if the next wave of actual GB mates were just off-white blanks with "Janine", "Peck", and "Mayor K'nuckles" lazily scralled on them in sharpy: a means to get a character made with the least bit of effort possible.

I wasn't sold on Chef Demassi to begin with but hoped he might be a memorable character when I played. I barely noticed him... I was attacked by the skinny chef when they burst out, had to capture him, and by the time I caught up with Ray Demassi was already in a capture stream and I just had to help wrangle him in.... WORTHLESS CHARACTER!!! The Spider-witch would have been better (and easy to do with reused parts) and still represent the Hotel level with a Ghost... if they REALLY wanted to reuse the fat piece the Museum boss would have been better and then with Azetlor and the Architect you have 3 of the major players in Shandor's cult.

I do like the slime monster though, and the boss he's related too couldn't have translated well to minimate form anyway so he's a good representation of "Shandor Island monsters"... although I prefer him on my DC shelf as "Killer Croc Version 3"

so because I played the game I went from "liking this set" to "completely underwhelmed" (my feelings on the game too) that's never a good thing, although I'm glad it only cost me $30 to be unimpressed by the game and the mates and not $120.

as far as the videogame ghosts go, I really like how the chef and the black slime monster came out, and the size makes sense because both of those ghosts in the game are similar in size to the ghostbusters - where as the architect (final boss who is like 5 stories high) and azetlor (who is also huge) have not been represented in minimate form as well as the other 2

...................................although I'm glad it only cost me $30 to be unimpressed by the game and the mates and not $120.

So say we all! I believe that 5000 sets of the Amazon Box set were made & the $120 that I was grudgingly prepared to pay for this 'Limited Edition ' would have been a big mistake .

While I'll agree that the game tie-in wasn't stellar, I'm still fairly happy with how they turned out. The black slime monster is pretty well done, though it could stand to be...well, black, actually. The chef also looks pretty well, though I'll agree that a more prominent character would have worked in his slot better. Azetlor could have stood to be a bit beefier, and the Architect was missing his horns, but again, they weren't overly wrong.

I imagine part of the problem with line-up and design could stem from just not having enough input from the game developers. If they're just given some control art of several characters and left to whip up 4 Minimates based on the art, there's no guarantee they're going to pick the 4 biggest characters from the game. Another part of the problem likely stems from the number of reused ghosts in the game. They couldn't very well toss in the Library Ghost, Stay-Puft, or Slimer, since we've got all those, and it would have significantly cut into the number of buyers who were gunning for exclusives. The fact that this was intended as a cheap tie-in set and thus a heavy part-reuse set didn't really help in the design department either. Transparent parts supposedly cost more to produce, which is why these guys aren't all glowy like the TRU ghosts and why the big rock monster looks puny.

I'm more bummed that the exclusive thing didn't pan out, though my wallet agrees that scoring this thing for significantly less than $120 isn't a bad thing.

Oh, and the second series of TRU Ghostbusters has started to ship. They sent me Winston and the Taxi Driver in the mail, with no indication on when the rest of the gang will ship.

Oh, and the second series of TRU Ghostbusters has started to ship. They sent me Winston and the Taxi Driver in the mail, with no indication on when the rest of the gang will ship.

I think at least one of these should arrive in my mail today. I actually went home for lunch just to see if they had shown up and it happened to be the first time in a very long time the postman is running several hours behind. <_<

I'm a bit baffled as to how they can have one in stock and not the rest. As far as I can tell, they still ship them in cases with all the sets enclosed, right? I don't think Winston and the Zombie Taxi Driver have the same retail power as Wolverine & Iceman, who are the only Minimates to have an entire case to themselves.

So, my wife just called and said that my packages arrived. She said there were three from TRU (one with BSG and two with Lab Egon and Winston). She asked me why they would send three packages instead of one and I had to explain to her how they've been doing that. It boggled her mind and she mentioned how they must be losing lots of money over it. It's nice to know someone detached from the situation sees it just like the rest of us.

Now I just have to wait until I get home to see them.