UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. Are we actually going to have to worry about scalpers?...

I hope not, but I fear so. Keep in mind how popular Ghostbusters are, and unless I am mistake, these are the first figures of the actual 'Busters since the toys from the old animated series. Mattel is releasing some, but not at retail, and not until SDCC at the earliest. If I were you guys, I wouldn't take chances. Of course, whatever the case, I'm sure we will help each other out as best we can.

See, now reading all this is getting me paranoid. I live near a TRU that stocks mates, I haven't seen the T2 wave yet, and I am wondering if I should have preordered wave 1 GBs, and am thinking I should preorder wave 2 GBs from TRU.com... I don't want to miss out on these, but I have a fixed budget and don't want to pay shipping if I don't have to :confused: Damn this addiction...

BS

See, now reading all this is getting me paranoid. I live near a TRU that stocks mates, I haven't seen the T2 wave yet, and I am wondering if I should have preordered wave 1 GBs, and am thinking I should preorder wave 2 GBs from TRU.com... I don't want to miss out on these, but I have a fixed budget and don't want to pay shipping if I don't have to :confused: Damn this addiction...

BS

I share your concern. While I've been lucky to find all of the exclusives so far, I'm nervous about Ghostbusters and especially BSG (since I want multiples of these). I've got two T2 SWATs coming in the mail as we speak despite the fact that I fortunately found them after I placed the order. For what I paid in shipping, I could have bought an extra set at retail.

No GB 'mates yet here, though I did finally see T2 'mates at my nearest TRU (in the Marvel aisle where the Marvel 'mates used to be...morons).

FYI, I sent TRU.com the following question early today:

Wrote: Hello. I would like to pre-order some of your Ghostbusters

Minimates from series 1, but they have disappeared from your website.

Unfortunately, I waited too long to get my order in before this

happened. Do you know if they will come available for pre-order again?

Thank you.

Here was their response:

Thank you for contacting RUs.com regarding the Ghostbusters Minimates

collection. At this time we do not have any pre-order information on

our website, however, I see that we are scheduled to have some

Ghostbuster Minimates and Exclusive Ghostbuster Minimates arrive later

this month of June.

Please continue to check our website for further updates.

So, though they don't tell me anything I didn't already know about their website, they also seem to be suggesting that these figures won't come out until "later this month of June." Also, by differentiating "Ghostbuster Minimates" from "Exclusive Ghostbuster Minimates" I wonder if the 4-packs will be released on their website or in their stores.

Edited by karamazov80

I wonder if the 4-packs will be released on their website or in their stores.

It's hard to say with TRU, though they do occasionally carry DST products on-line. Besides their exclusives, they usually have some totally random stuff. They've got the Avengers and Good,Bad, and Ugly sets on their site right now, so who the heck knows.

Edited by cdubya

Well I am much happier with a week or two delay.. if the alternative is all the GB are toast from out of control pre-orders by resellers!

I'll be in the mountains at a cabin this weekend with no internet so I wish you all good luck if GB shows up with a Friday shipment at TRU. :)

I can't remember the last time I was this excited to get every one of a series right when released.. Probably the last time was when DCD released their first wave.

Peace and Slimer Grease,

Vox

i just checked TRU nothing so i bought a t2 pack , you know to release some of the pressure.

my guess is next week. that is when the video game is coming out. not that DST as had good luck scheduling mates to come out with their properties but whatever.

by differentiating "Ghostbuster Minimates" from "Exclusive Ghostbuster Minimates" I wonder if the 4-packs will be released on their website or in their stores.

Back when they announced the Wave 2 packs, only some were listed as TRU exclusive, though I still can't figure out their methodology for the distinction (ie. some of the "exclusive" packs included a GB from the 4-packs, while some non-exclusives seemed to be 2 brand new mates)... so it might just be referring to that.

So.. can anyone else confirm the "mid-July" word for Ghostbusters at TRU? Kind of a bummer but as long as I can stoll in and pick em up, I will be a happy buster.

Also.. did the disney show Halloween Town steal the idea of the skelaton cab driver from Ghostbusters? Damn you Disney!

Nothing at my TRU today, and I am wondering if they will be trying to get these out in conjunction with game that comes out tomorrow? I hope that's the case because I have to have these and if they don't come to my store and there may be difficulty ordering from the website than that will just suck.

Oh man, glow in the dark?!?! I want that 2-Pack SOO bad!! I thought he was just angry stay puft.. but angry and glowing!?! Tooooooo nice!

Vox

fingers crossed that these aren't $50.00 on ebay.. man, maybe it would have been cheaper to fly to SDCC than snagging all these rarities online... :(

Hey, Vox, I don't know how popular this is with most folks here on the MMMV, but AFX is offering pre-orders of the SDCC exclusives. I expect that a pre-order will guarantee their delivery after the show, right?

Anyway, for $95 shipped, I ordered Champions, Thunderbolts, Terminator Attack on Cyberdyne, Dark Avengers, and 2 of the GB 2-packs. As someone who NEVER gets to go to the big shows, this is well worth it to me to just get them all in one box on my doorstep.