UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truly amazing work once again Luke, but they make me ask the question, 'what's a 'Dr. Who'? I don't remember seeing any of those characters in Tommy, but I guess it's been awhile since I watched it. Were these from the Broadway musical version?

You surely remember this Pinball Time Lord .....er..... Dr.Marten

post-638-0-91683600-1302712695_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys! The more I look at this Eccleston, the happier I am with him.

My son and I watched Blink over the weekend, so at some point you can expect to see some Weeping Angels customs. :)

easily one of the best episodes since Who came back!

As promised, here is the 10th Doctor Set I have been working on!

Daleks in Manhattan

10thDoctor.jpg

The minimates are (clockwise from the front) The Doctor, Laszlo, Dalek Sec, and a Pig Slave. The two black daleks are the 2.5" electronic daleks. All of the characters have decals for their chest and face. I used Fixit Sculpt for the Doctor's hair, the pig ears, and Dalek Sec's tendrils. Here is an image of the top of Dalek Sec's head:

sec3.jpg

Here is my "serious" Christopher Eccleston face:

eccleston.jpg

Do you think it looks more like him than the smiling face?

Also, in case you missed it in my sig, here is the new chest decal for Age of Apocalypse Jean:

aoa_jean.jpg

I will have two more 10th Doctor customs finished in the next few days, with many more to follow. :)

That 10th Doctor set is AMAZING Luke!!!!!

I'd definitely buy it! :)

Quick Question, any chance of uploading your AOA Havok face decal?

Yes I will make sure that gets added in the next udpate. :)

And my Doctor Who obsession continues with 2 more figures! These were a special request from my 4 year old son, as it is one of his favorite episodes:

Hal "Burn With Me" Korwin from "42"

burnwithme01.jpg

His helmet is a slip-on mask with the area around the visor added from another slip-on mask, and the breathing cylinders added from some random pieces of plastic, and then everything accented with decals. Here is some fun with photoshop:

burnwithme02.jpg

Possessed Doctor from "42"

42_Doctor.jpg

His helmet is modified from a Minimates MAX police officer, and his hair is sculpted from Fixit Sculpt. His face and chest are decals, and his shoulder area was cut from a BSG pilot. More fun with photoshop:

42_Doctor2.jpg

I will probably have more next week. This junkie will need another fix soon. ;)

Hey Luke I caught your Poe Ghostal minimate over at Poeghostal.com.

Nice job, Poe the 'mate looks great.

Thanks! He was definitely a challenge. :)

I was sick over the weekend, so I didn't get any customizing done. However, last night I had to do something on my wheel sander, so while I was in the garage I decided to shorten up a minimate that has been bugging me for a long time:

IMG_1644.jpg

I hated how the young John Connor was the same height as the T-800, so I shortened his legs, arms, and torso, to bring him down to a more correct height.

And look what came in the mail yesterday courtesy of Rad!

Tardis.jpg

The new Doctor Who Character Builder figures are quite a bit smaller than minimates, but I think some of their accessories will work just fine, such as this TARDIS. :)

Also, my interview is posted at Minimate Headquarters with tons of info about my next sticker kit. It should be released in less than a month!

Nice work on Connor, Luke. I've been thinking about doing that to a couple shorter characters. Did you just shave off of the ends of the arms and legs, then drill new pegholes, or did you also cut into the tops of each and shave off equal amounts above and below the joint (does that make sense)?

Nice work on Connor, Luke. I've been thinking about doing that to a couple shorter characters. Did you just shave off of the ends of the arms and legs, then drill new pegholes, or did you also cut into the tops of each and shave off equal amounts above and below the joint (does that make sense)?

So far whenever I have shortened a minimate I have always done what you said at first - shaved off the ends of the arms and legs, fix the peg holes, and shave off the bottom of the torso. I have always considered cutting the upper arms and legs in half and removing some of that material as well, but I haven't tried this yet.

the TARDIS looks great!! im gonna have to pick one of those up for myself :D

also im now super excited to get your new sticker pack and even more excited to see the line of dioramas your working on! :D