UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke314pi's Customs (New customs October 5th)

I was reinstalling Windows and several other programs on a computer, which is hideously boring, so I made this custom to help pass the time:

Critical Battle Damage Iron Man

bdironman01.jpg

bdironman02.jpg

bdironman03.jpg

I sliced him up with a hobby knife, and glued wires in some of the holes. The rest of the detail was added with toothpicks dipped in black or chrome paint. On the back of his helmet you can see some of his hair coming through a crack in the armor.

And in case you missed it in the vehicles thread, here is my custom Blackbird, made from a TRU Minimates MAX Jet:

blackbird1.jpg

blackbird3.jpg

blackbird5.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now THAT is battle-damage!!! Not content with a mere rubbing of sooty coloured paint . . . hacking him to death and exposing wires! That's how it's done!

Very nice Luke.

Also - how long till the Blackbird Jets appear on Lukestoystore.com ? :P

Thanks guys!

Also - how long till the Blackbird Jets appear on Lukestoystore.com ? :P

I think I am going to play it safe and not make these for the store. ;)

However, if anyone would like one, drop me a PM or an email.

The Blackbird looks awesome! All it needs now are a couple of subtle X symbols. :)

So do you prefer Sticker Paper to Decal?

It is really starting to grow on me. I think the paper makes colors more vibrant, and it is quicker to apply since you don't have to soak it in water first. The two drawbacks are the glossy finish, and not being able to reposition the sticker once you apply it - you have to do it perfectly the first time. The glossy finish can be fixed with some clear dull or matte finish spray paint, so that problem is fixed. I have screwed up a few stickers by positioning them wrong the first time, but I always print 4 of each sticker just in case. So from now on I think I will be using the polyester film, unless I need to use clear decal paper, which doesn't happen very often.

Luke was recently kind enough to send me a couple stickers along with a custom he'd done for me, and I was very happy with them. They apply very easily, and look great. However, I was able to remove them after placing them on the 'mate without any problem. Dunno if that means they won't hold fast long term, but right now they're sticking just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

New customs! First up is a classic Marvel villain I made for myself, and then two Blackest Night commissions:

Mad Thinker

madthinker.jpg

Decal for face, hair from Sand Saref, and chest details were done with a sharpie. I have always wanted to make this custom, but after I started reading Fall of the Hulks (yes I am a bit behind on my comic reading), I wanted to make him even more. Soon I will make an Awesome Android for him, and I already have a decal designed for a Red Ghost custom.

Blackest Night Wonder Woman

bn_ww.jpg

Decals for face and chest, modified Wonder Woman hair, skirt and boots from Lady Loki.

Blackest Night WBatman

bn_batman.jpg

Decals for face and chest, and the gloves, cape, and mask were from modified from another Batman minimate.

Luke - Is the black bird black or a very dark blue?

Very dark blue. :)

Love Wonder Woman and Batman, Luke, even if it looks like Batman's tounge is going to fall out of his mouth :)

probably a good thing... as BL Batman never actually had a tongue!

that said, great stuff Luke... its shame we'll never see a group shot of all your BL commissions together

Very cool. I like the Zombie Batman. As transparently derivative as that storyline was for DC (ripping off Marvel Zombies) I would love zombie DC Minimates.

So would I. Hell, I'd settle for just about any DC minimate. Please God... bring them back. :unsure:

BTW, great work Luke. What other Blackest Night customs do you have in the works?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Love Wonder Woman and Batman, Luke, even if it looks like Batman's tounge is going to fall out of his mouth :)

probably a good thing... as BL Batman never actually had a tongue!

Ah, I didn't know that! I modeled it after the DC Direct figure.

i figured!

hey, its still absolutely brilliant... i wish the official Batman mates had that cowl

• 1 month later...
Thanks guys!

BTW, great work Luke. What other Blackest Night customs do you have in the works?

No other BN customs at the moment, but I still have a ton of DC stuff in the pipeline. :)

That's true... one of which is the one you did for me a few months ago! Post the damn thing so I can be a big braggy show about it!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks guys!

No other BN customs at the moment, but I still have a ton of DC stuff in the pipeline. :)

That's true... one of which is the one you did for me a few months ago! Post the damn thing so I can be a big braggy show about it!

I will be posting it soon. I have a reason for waiting. ;)

I finally finished the SHEILD Helicarrier that I have been slowly working on! It started out like this out of the box:

hellicarrier2.jpg

I didn't like that bright red color, so I repainted it to make it more comic accurate:

IMG_2438.jpg

IMG_2435.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

It would be nice if it was at least twice its size, but I still really like it. I still need to find a good way to mount it to the wall without damaging it. I might display my Ultimates on it along with a bunch of SHIELD soldiers. I picked up a few extras for the store in case anyone else wants to try this who doesn't have access to these locally.

I gave Nick Fury a new face decal to go along with this project:

nick_fury.jpg

I also finished my Awesome Android from the Minimate Factory videos I have been making recently. I will be uploading the final video tomorrow. Here is the custom:

awesome.jpg

My son lost my Mad Thinker custom, or else I would take a picture of them both together. Once I find him again (or make a new one) I will post a picture. :)

brand.jpg

I borrowed TENIME's recipe for Agent Brand, and made a few changes. I decreased the size of her bust so it would be more visible in the Osborne harness. I also made a face decal for her.

moleman2-1.jpg

I put the new Moleman head on my old custom. I like this cape much better than the new one.

ninja_master.jpg

Here is a new Ninja Master custom I made for myself, and also for the store. He is made from pieces from the Ghostbusters Video Game set, with the vest cut from black plastic.

Ok, I think that's enough for one update! More coming soon! :)