UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to get my hopes up for licenses like Invincible, TMNT, and even Megaman, but it's tough not to get a little excited when Chuck leaves such wide openings for these. He's usually so straight-to-the-point in shooting down non-starters that "maybe" starts to sound like "yes" in answers like these.

Based on this Q&A and the whispers that came out of NYCC, it sounds like Invincible is at least in serious consideration.

Not a great Q&A this time around, was it? I did think the race question was interesting, though. Marvel (and DC, which isn't relevant here) have never had a great minority presence, so you can't really fault DST. Still, I don't think that anyone would argue that two of the biggest omissions from the Marvel Minimates line are the Falcon and Sunfire.....

My feelings on Falcon's omission from the Minimate are well-documented but IMO 'Sunfire' in his Rising Sun costume will never be seen .

That would be a shame. It is one of the better and more unique costumes, IMO.

My feelings on Falcon's omission from the Minimate are well-documented but IMO 'Sunfire' in his Rising Sun costume will never be seen .

Why? He's been made in other toy lines in that costume, and it's not like kids today (or even their parents) would look at him and think "How dare they!" Heck, he was even on "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends" in the 80s in that costume. If they could get away with that then, on Saturday mornings, why not in the toy aisle now? Finally, Chuck has said, on numerous occasions (including to me personally) that Banshee AND Sunfire are two big omissions. Not only to I bet we see him, I bet we see him next year. Care to wager your Spidey Max statue on it?:biggrin:

Not a great Q&A this time around, was it? I did think the race question was interesting, though. Marvel (and DC, which isn't relevant here) have never had a great minority presence, so you can't really fault DST. Still, I don't think that anyone would argue that two of the biggest omissions from the Marvel Minimates line are the Falcon and Sunfire.....

That was me. [/Fifteen Minutes of Fame] Master of Kung Fu would be a good addition too.

Why? He's been made in other toy lines in that costume, and it's not like kids today (or even their parents) would look at him and think "How dare they!" Heck, he was even on "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends" in the 80s in that costume. If they could get away with that then, on Saturday mornings, why not in the toy aisle now? Finally, Chuck has said, on numerous occasions (including to me personally) that Banshee AND Sunfire are two big omissions. Not only to I bet we see him, I bet we see him next year. Care to wager your Spidey Max statue on it?:biggrin:

I remember a car called the 'General Lee' in the 80's .....won't see that one in the toy aisles anymore,leastways not like the original . I'm not worried who wears what but it does concern me how some insignia seem OK whilst other insignia are airbrushed away .

The original report regarding Dukes of Hazzard's "General Lee" not having the Confederate flag on the roof for 2013 toys is a rumor. Warner Brothers is not altering or nixing the original design. Link

Edit: Props to pappy for the diversity question. I asked a similar question ages ago, and I do think DST has taken it into account in the past. Look at the racial diversity of the MAX Heroes box set. Awesome.

Edited by Jatta Pake

My feelings on Falcon's omission from the Minimate are well-documented but IMO Sunfire' in his Rising Sun costume will never be seen .

:jawdrop: Really? I don't know why - but i always thought he'd be kind of a lock. That costume is so iconic.

Yeah..... i guess. But, How long has it been since Red skull wore a Swastika in the comics? Has he worn that costume in the last decade?

Sunfire wore his as recently as the mid 00's i think (maybe 2005?). And Hasbro released a Sunfire in the last year or two. I'm remaining hopeful on this one :)

I seem to remember Sunfire being a Japanese chauvinist so his Rising Sun costume seems to fit character-wise. I would think the Chinese Minimate fans (are there many?) would have the most objection as would maybe Australia, Taiwan, and the Philippines cultures. But given China's ascent and recent territorial assertiveness, I think more are worried about a rising Red Dragon than a Rising Sun from 70 years ago.