UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a fan of the SPOILER I mentioned, I was quite happy with the SPOILER's return.

Yeah, I figured it'd last longer than it did... but I trust Hickman and he hasn't let me down yet.

I have a heap of CAP comics waiting to be read in sequence & I'm kicking myself rather than Chuck & least of all you Mystery Man....my spoiler remark was knee-jerk & tongue-in-cheek although laced with a genuine degree of disappointment.

The Winter Soldier Cap run was undoubtedly the best stuff I have ever read . OK I may not be the most well-read member here but I know what I like & I loved it .

Chuck's comment was possibly sarcastic or just stupid. I've been steadfast in wanting a Winter Soldier & a Falcon for ages & when I see some of the crap obscure characters that have been dumped on us it just bloody baffles me . :angry:

Well the man formally known as Winter Soldier assumed room temprature early in the latest Marvel Mega Event. Promo images seem to say this is going to be bloodier than Civil War before it's over. So at best it's an event/shock value death I'd call easily revesible if not for it mirroring his mentor's visions in most respects. Ed has something up his sleeve on this one, I'd wager.

And yeah, Rob, a Winter Soldier & Falcon would rock.

It's at least kind of nice to hear that Hellboy has been considered. Very nice question, Mr. Brad Martin. I've always thought it was kind of one of those poor choices to make the particular Indie Mates that have been chosen. They're all characters that are known for certain features and assets that don't really carry over well into the flat nature of block figures, if you catch my drift. It seems like one of those weird things where you almost wonder if it's deliberate self-

It's at least kind of nice to hear that Hellboy has been considered. Very nice question, Mr. Brad Martin. I've always thought it was kind of one of those poor choices to make the particular Indie Mates that have been chosen. They're all characters that are known for certain features and assets that don't really carry over well into the flat nature of block figures, if you catch my drift. It seems like one of those weird things where you almost wonder if it's deliberate self-

I've wondered the same thing myself. A colorful set with Mignola's Hellboy, Allred's Madman and a few other less scantily clad characters seemed like it might work better to me. *shrugs*

Maybe that's just because I'm not a fan of the characters that were made, other than Kabuki.

I'd love some Hellboy 'mates, especially if they did them in Mignola's style.

Winter Soldier seems like a good example of one of those inexplicable blind spots DST seems to have. He would have been a good choice any time in the past five years and a great choice this year as a Captain America tie-in, but now Chuck thinks that ship has sailed? I'd get it if a lot of unique parts were involved, but you could make a passable Winter Soldier with parts already available. Like BHM said, release him in a pack with Falcon and make everyone happy.

• 2 weeks later...

New Q&A is up.

--------------------------

Joshua Hesselgrave

Hi again Chuck. Thanks again for doing these and for the recent Q&A you did over at MMMV. I was wondering about the new X-Men First Class boxset. It looks great, but incomplete. Are you guys considering releasing a FC Beast at any point (perhaps with a classic Professor X as a two pack)? Thanks again!

DSTChuck: I think we’re done with the First Class line. We looked at a couple ways to get a couple more out but they did not work out. I think it’s a case of just not having enough time to fully develop the line.

--------------------------

It's unofficially official, we're not getting a First Class (comic) Beast to go with the soon to be released First Class (comic) boxset, mostly because DST can't tell the difference between questions about the movie figures versus the comic figures...

I stand by my theory that DST released this boxset thinking they were supplementing the Beast from the First Class movie wave. <_<

Oh, and apparently 'Avengers Academy' is a tv show now... :rolleyes:

What was funny to me is that I asked that FC question because Zach said to on their Facebook page. At first I thought that maybe I should have been more specific about it being the comic line, but then remembered that both characeters were released for the movie. At least it's nice to find out there won't be more movie figures...

At least it's nice to find out there won't be more movie figures...

^^ Movie figure hater in the house.

No, it's just nice to get an answer that's definitive. Not that it will stop people from asking.

Is anyone else thankful that "Lee Burns" isn't into Minimates?

Oh my goodness, he must drive Zach Oat insane over on Facebook (at least I know that's how I feel seeing his constant posts about the same characters). I've considered posting over and over again about the need for a Squirrel Girl mate, but I can't bring myself to be that annoying. Well, at least not on purpose.

It's a good thing we over here at MKMV know better than to abuse our abilities to interact with DST in the shameless promotion of specific characters. That would be annoying.

What?

Is anyone else thankful that "Lee Burns" isn't into Minimates?

I tried to load the Q&A during lunch but Lee Burns broke my iPhone. I try to scroll down to the next question but all I get is an endless wall of text. My thumb isn't strong enough to get to Chuck's expected response. Was it as epic as I imagine?

DSTChuck: Lee thanks for support, ideas and enthusiasm. I hope we select some characters your looking forward to in 2012. We’ve talked to Disney about 2012 alredy but nothing is really decided yet.

I mean no disrespect to him, but it felt like listening to my four year old ramble on about something for 5 minutes. After a little while, I just tune some of it and let him talk inhopes it gets out of his system. It usually doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...
so that is about as close to a confirmation from Chuck as you can get 616 Blob.

Yeah - i thought that was the closest thing to positive news in the Q&A.

Good to see that Toxin could be a possibility too.