UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

I will place my chips right now on the NYCC sets being Player 2 decos of MvC3 wave 2.

Set 1

– Iron Spider man

– Blue Chris Redfield

– That weird pink and purple Wolverine

– Captain Blue (Viewtiful Joe)

Box 2

- Current costume Storm

- STARS Jill Valentine

- Sentinel

- Dark Ryu

FIGHT!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will place my chips right now on the NYCC sets being Player 2 decos of MvC3 wave 2.

Set 1

– Iron Spider man

– Blue Chris Redfield

Box 2

- Current costume Storm

- STARS Jill Valentine

- Sentinel

- Dark Ryu

Nooooooo! Repaints bad. Fwoosheyman want new characters. Fwoosheyman SMASH if repaints. :hulk:

Set 1

– Iron Spider man

– Blue Chris Redfield

Box 2

- Current costume Storm

- STARS Jill Valentine

- Sentinel

- Dark Ryu

FIGHT!

It'd *almost* be worth getting Iron SpiderMan if he came with his legs... Still - i'm with fwooshey: More NEW Characters!

Set 1

– Iron Spider man

– Blue Chris Redfield

Box 2

- Current costume Storm

- STARS Jill Valentine

- Sentinel

- Dark Ryu

FIGHT!

I'd much rather have blonde/tan/white shirt Chris. Blue BSAA isn't that much of a variation.

I wouldn't really mind these. I feel like i'm buying that other ones for Iron Man and Jean anyway, and these have more characters in suits i actually use.

Pat from AFX during SDCC mentioned that their NYCC box set is probably the best they have ever offered, so that makes me believe it isn't a MvC set (unless it has Mega Man). Based on some of the previous AFX sets, they seem to like doing comics stuff. So I'm betting on new figures but not going out on a limb and saying Kang.

And from the Minimates Panel, it just didn't seem like Fear Itself in in the plans. But who knows?

Edited by storm 1:08

Pat from AFX during SDCC mentioned that their NYCC box set is probably the best they have ever offered

The problem with a response like that is that it's a pretty relative answer. For me, the 'best box set ever' would be either a Classic Brotherhood set (Quicksilver, Toad, Mastermind & Scarlet Witch) or Freedom Force (Destiny, Blob, Pyro, Avalanche). But - i know that half the boardies here would rather see a Wrecking Crew set.

AFX has been responsible for the Stormbreaker, Age of Apocalypse #1, New Mutants, X-Force, X-Factor, FA X-Men, Thunderbolts, Champions, IM2 Battle Tactics, IM Hostile Takeover, IM TTA, & Civil War sets.

So, they seem to love IronMan & Mutants ... hey, maybe i'll get my wish after all? :lol:

"Best box set ever"???

About time they got around to Defenders set number 2 :buttrock:

Nighthawk, here we come!

I second your :buttrock:... though we both know the best box set ever would have a different version of Nighthawk....

Pat from AFX during SDCC mentioned that their NYCC box set is probably the best they have ever offered

The problem with a response like that is that it's a pretty relative answer. For me, the 'best box set ever' would be either a Classic Brotherhood set (Quicksilver, Toad, Mastermind & Scarlet Witch) or Freedom Force (Destiny, Blob, Pyro, Avalanche). But - i know that half the boardies here would rather see a Wrecking Crew set.

AFX has been responsible for the Stormbreaker, Age of Apocalypse #1, New Mutants, X-Force, X-Factor, FA X-Men, Thunderbolts, Champions, IM2 Battle Tactics, IM Hostile Takeover, IM TTA, & Civil War sets.

So, they seem to love IronMan & Mutants ... hey, maybe i'll get my wish after all? :lol:

If they're responsible for the two IM movie boxsets, maybe they'll do a Movie Thor boxset, i.e. "Sorry about the mix up. Here's the other two members of the Warriors Three and Heimdel". Personally if AFX want to wow someone like me, then it should be less Iron Man and Mutant and more Cosmic/Mystical ;). Modern Guardians of the Galaxy (Kang stared in that comic) would go down much better than generic X-Men boxset #2672.

The problem with a response like that is that it's a pretty relative answer. For me, the 'best box set ever'...

Well, I do want to point out that they didn't say "best box set ever". It'd be impossible to match that hype. But more along the lines of best box set AFX has ever offered. :)

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic and hope it isn't another repainted MvC set.

I hope so much for Kang, Black Knight, Nighthawk, etc. that it makes every release sort of a disappointment for me now. Instead I'm going to try and put this whole thing out of my head as best as possible so I won't end up disappointed again. That way, if I like it I'll really dig it... and if not, I won't have invested so much energy in remaining hopeful.

I'm betting at least one of the sets will be the completion of the MvC3 P2 Wave 1 characters.

Magneto (Ultimate red and black)

Trish (Red top and black pants)

Dormamu (Original green armor with blue flame head)

Haggar (Camo pants)

For the second box I'm guessing a Thor Movie Box:

Powered up Thor

Fandral

Hogun

Heimdal

• 3 weeks later...

From the latest DST Q&A

Q: Are there any plans for a winter soldier minimate? I’m really hoping to see one soon.

A: They just killed Bucky so not sure how likely that is now.

:blink: huh?? Bucky stopped being Winter Solder in 2008. What does him dying again have to do with making a Winter Soldier minimate?

I give up on DST ever making one I'm starting work on a custom Winter Soldier.

EDIT: Spoiler tags added. -Luke

Short (very) list of dead minimate characters:

Sentry

Nightcrawler

Captain Marvel & Black Bolt (in the same pack)

Jean Grey

Kraven

Tarantula

Cable

Johnny Storm

...just to name a few. Some came out right around the time their characters died in the comics. Winter Soldier is a problem why?

Short (very) list of dead minimate characters:

Sentry

Nightcrawler

Captain Marvel & Black Bolt (in the same pack)

Jean Grey

Kraven

Tarantula

Cable

Johnny Storm

...just to name a few. Some came out right around the time their characters died in the comics. Winter Soldier is a problem why?

Black Bolt and Cable are scheduled for revival this year. Kraven is already back, so is Jean depending on how you want to look at it. Nightcrawler... well they're taking the soap-opera route to resurection. And Johnny... oh come on... do you really think he's dead?

And yeah, shame on Chuck for the spoilage.

it was a bit of a silly response. No-one stays dead in Marvel. Not even Bucky & Aunt May.

Jean Grey has been 'dead' in the comics since 2005, and since then we have received 7 versions of her. (X-Factor, Silver Age, 90's Jim Lee, Black queen, Secret Invasion, White Phoenix, & AoA Jean!) with 2 more on the way (First Class & MvC3 Green costume).

Being dead hasn't hurt her figure sales too much :P

SPOILER:

Highlight below this line.

Black Bolt is alive. Check out issue #6 (I think it was) of FF by Hickman.

So far the only thing i'm unhappy about with that book; that was supposed to be a much more meaningful, intense thing and it lasted shorter than Cap's.

That excuse for Winter Soldier is, excuse me, total BS. My first thought was my Jeanie, and how many versions we've gotten of her, but Winter Soldier is less popular than someone like, say, Klaw or Selene? We've gotten dead characters and less-important characters many times before, and Winter Soldier is actually pretty damn popular and, IMO, very, very cool; he's been in my Top 10 Wants for a while. Hope they rethink that (What does him as Cap have to do with him as Winter Soldier anyway??)