What Are You Playing

neolego

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I jus got a DSi, and it rocks big time. Much better than the DS; it has so many new features!

But aare you missing the GBA slot yet? No Guitar Hero...

To be honest, it doen't bother me at all. I don't play Guitar Hero and I find myself rarely playing GBA games.

I still have my blue original DS for things like Pal Park in Pokemon (Platinum, which I have pre-ordered-because it comes out on May 22nd in Europe).

All in all, I think the loss of the GBA slot is a worthy sacrifice for all these new features.

So the DSi is out in the USA now, have any of you bought it, and if so, do you like it?

Well I got Platinum and I believe it's the best of the pokemon games in this generation, like Emerald was before. But I think I f'ed up from the beginning. I picked Chimchar as my starter. When I did it, the words (What the hell am I doing?" hit me. I never pick fire and I rarely pick grass. I'm a water geek myself. But this time I went and picked fire... and it's just too weird to play using him. Actually my strongest is not him, it's my Luxio, Kadabra, and Rotom (I seem to like electric types this time... weird...)

And in other news I finally started the Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed that I got fo Christmas.

I love this one mission in the beginning in which Crypto has to burn down a disco and they play "Disco Inferno" It's awesome!

Just picked up Metal Gear 4 for the first time in months last week, and beat it. Awesome game all the way around, of course. It was really cool how they pulled everything together from the previous games. Even got to see old Psycho Mantis again!

working on the hardcore title in WWE/Smackdown 2009

Sucka!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFZDJiY62H0

Only thing Booker T was ever good for ;)

BTW, I saw Wrestlemania in person last week. Truly an experience that I will remember.

Got Street Fighter 4 tonight. Awesome so far, but damn that robot boss guy was tough. First time through, I flew through the competition getting to him on normal mode, and he kicked my butt. Ken, Ryu, Sagat, Vega, none of them stood a chance. Freakin' cheap bastard. I really hope he is the boss :(

However, this is kind of cool, because it is so reminiscent of Street Fighter 2. I could get to Bison fairly easily, and then I would have to spend around an hour playing, until I just beat him by chance somehow. Just like Robot guy, he had a counter for everything--go to the air, he does the "Psycho" flame jump thing, block too much, he throws you, act aggressively, and he does that damn flip kick.

This game really is all about nostalgia. And apart from the unfortunate move toward having every male character a 'roided up freak (including Vega!), its great all the way around.

Yep. The Robot Dude is the boss. And yes he is SUPER hard. Especially when you have to be some of the weaker characters (well I guess the characters that are hard to get good with) like C. Viper to unlock more people.

Either way, the game still rocks :buttrock:

Another thing that is similar to SF2--for one of the first 2 rounds, Bison was only "pretty hard," but for 2 of the 3, he was HARD. Same with yin-yang robot man.

Edited by karamazov80

Just picked up Metal Gear 4 for the first time in months last week, and beat it. Awesome game all the way around, of course. It was really cool how they pulled everything together from the previous games. Even got to see old Psycho Mantis again!

working on the hardcore title in WWE/Smackdown 2009

Sucka!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFZDJiY62H0

Only thing Booker T was ever good for ;)

BTW, I saw Wrestlemania in person last week. Truly an experience that I will remember.

LMAO!!!

That's awesome you went to Westlemania. If I had more time I'd start watching Raw and Smackdown again. Nowadays I just keep current by my brother telling me stuff.

I'm also hitting GTA Vice City Stories on the psp on my weekly flights to DC. Enjoyed Liberty City Stories better but this one is ok too. I think I liked LC better cause that is the only GTA game I played all the way through and beat...nostalgia I guess.

I played Left 4 Dead for the first time at the hotel for the Robotics World Championships (anyone on here who lives inside Atlanta, that's what the fireworks were at Centenial Olympic last night). And my friend has encountered what can only be called Zombie Bullshit.

We were playing, I think it was either Dead Air or that one with the boat in the end (whichever that one is.) and he was looking for the Witch. Then he was pounced by a hunter RIGHT BESIDE THE FREAKING WITCH!

ZOMBIE BULLSHIT!

Finally beat Contra IV on Easy mode :buttrock:

Trust me, that was an accomplishment. I almost never play a game on Easy mode, but on Normal? Forget it. I'll probably need to play it through on Easy a couple more times to get all the patterns down before I try to invest the time and energy required to play Normal mode again.

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...

The woman saved up money, and now we've got a huge HDTV here that arrived on Monday. Tonight, we got the right hookups (HDMI cable for the PS3, optical digital audio cable, and even T2 and Predator on Blu-Ray), and I'm currently playing MGSIV. Wowza! This is so incredible. The graphics are astonishing. It is genuinely hard to conceive of where things go from here. I guess the next major paradigm shift will be toward three dimensional graphics that pop out, where you can experience films and games occurring all around you in a genuine "virtual reality." And then what? Probably some kind of neural connection where your synapses are directly stimulated by the game or movie, and you literally live it, like a kind of lucid dream. This is kind of frightening, actually.

The woman saved up money, and now we've got a huge HDTV here that arrived on Monday. Tonight, we got the right hookups (HDMI cable for the PS3, optical digital audio cable, and even T2 and Predator on Blu-Ray), and I'm currently playing MGSIV. Wowza! This is so incredible. The graphics are astonishing. It is genuinely hard to conceive of where things go from here. I guess the next major paradigm shift will be toward three dimensional graphics that pop out, where you can experience films and games occurring all around you in a genuine "virtual reality." And then what? Probably some kind of neural connection where your synapses are directly stimulated by the game or movie, and you literally live it, like a kind of lucid dream. This is kind of frightening, actually.

I think Walmart do a DIY synapse connection already involving a powerdrill, din plug and a damages waiver. If anyone wants the schematics PM me :P

Back on topic anyone played The new Wolverine Origins game? I'm thinking about getting it as you wouldn't find it hard to believe I'm a sucker for superhero games. I'm just a bit worried that it sucks and don't want to waste money.

I started on Sonic Chronicles on the DS a few days ago. I know a lot of people dismissed it because they thought Sonic could never work as an RPG, but I really like it. Its not a traditional Sonic game by any means, but it keeps the same sense of speed. The battles move very quickly, and there are many times when you will have to rapidly touch or drag places on the touch screen to avoid being hit, or to inflict more damage. The dialog options are really nice to have, although they aren't as well done as they were in Mass Effect. I might not feel the same way about the game 10 hours down the road, but for now I am having fun.

I'm just a bit worried that it sucks and don't want to waste money.

Most superhreo games are TERRIBLE, IMO

Spare three, (Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, X-Men Legends 2, and Marvel Nemesis), I have hated every super hero game I have played.

Luckily, most of them were rented, (except Fantastic Four, which is literally the worst game ever, and Ultimate Alliance, which i never got past the mephisto level)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2, the two overhead X-Men games, and Marvel vs. Capcom (the couple times I played it) were all very decent games, IMO.

I actually had X-Men for the Nintendo waaaaay on back in the day, and it was horrible. Spiderman for the Atari could have been worse, though.

I'm just a bit worried that it sucks and don't want to waste money.

Most superhreo games are TERRIBLE, IMO

Spare three, (Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, X-Men Legends 2, and Marvel Nemesis), I have hated every super hero game I have played.

Luckily, most of them were rented, (except Fantastic Four, which is literally the worst game ever, and Ultimate Alliance, which i never got past the mephisto level)

What about Ultimate Spider-Man?

That game was really good. Missing out if you don't play that.

Spiderman: the Arcade Game was terrible. But X-Men: the Arcade Game was quite fun, cheap Ninja Turtles rip-off though it may have been.

Also good was "The Avengers." "Superman" wasn't very good, though.

Edited by karamazov80

I picked up Quantum of Solice for $10 at a best buy sale and just played it through, single player wasn't much to write home about too many places where it's all about spawning millions of bad guys rather than beig clever) but the multiplayer is fun in a CoD kind of way.

The other games taking up my time are Guitar Hero World Tour, (mostly cos my g/f loves it and I'm finally getting better at it) and Fallout 3 I beat this ages ago and rstarted recently with a fresh character and am just pottering around exploring before completing the main quest and probably downloading the Brotherhood of Steel pack.

T.

p.s. I'm still looking for a cheap copy of CoD: world at war and possibly the expansions to Oblivion if anyone has em for trade!