UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

TBT Owns Guitar Hero world tour:

DAY2:

Horribly addictive even though I really suck at it!

I'm sort of caught in an ugly place where on easy I can complete songs with ease but medium is causing me to fail miserably... I assume with time I will work out how to press 4 buttons... it all seems so much simpler on paper.

T.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I couldn't get too far with Guitar Heroes III. I skipped easy mode altogether, and got through Medium level after a bit of work, but Hard mode was just too overwhelming. After a few songs, I realized that I could learn an actual song with as much difficulty as it would take to memorize the GH songs (I have very remedial "real" guitar playing ability), and the absurdity of that made me put the damn thing up.

I do love that game (and its predecessor) quite a bit, though. That is the one that I played so much it gave my XBox the "red ring of death."

Uh-oh.

I do believe Neo ran out of excuses.

I was playing Rock Band tonight picking songs randomly with friends and I did a double take. Yep, it's true, apparently I have Underoath on my 360. That's yet ANOTHER christian band in RB.

I didn't even know I had it, so there could be even more that I haven't noticed yet.

Also, the music library continues to grow (Now over 500 songs) including the NOW CONFIRMED different genres:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171704

Dude, Nestle, you've read my mind :D. This is actually #1 on my Christmas list.

Not only does it have Flyleaf and Underoath. It has Kutless coming up. And they've announced Country tracks this week and I love Brad Paisley (who is an awesome guitarist by the way). So, I'm really hoping to pick up RB2 for Christmas :). neo

I have been playing GTA 4 since it came out and last night after months I learned that if you walk up to a cab and hold the Y button Niko will get in and the cab will take you to your destination. I am an idiot. On a rock band note I loathe Under Oath. I saw them live once and it was just noise.

On a rock band note I loathe Under Oath. I saw them live once and it was just noise.

Dude, I know what you mean, but honestly I can't stand any of that Death Metal trash. It's all just noise. BUT, for a fan of Christian artists, it's still cool to see them on the game. But I agree they are not, by far, my favorite :). neo

I was in town yesterday and saw Orange Box for $20 (new) and couldnt resist.

I was fighting the urge to buy portal online anyway so it was cool and like me getting all the HL games for $5 :D

BTW still struggling with GHWT, it's starting to get easier and I'm abotu ready to step up to medium full time now!

(Unless i've have lots of beer then I revert to easy ;) )

T.

Some of you may remember that I spoke about Spider-man 3 on PS2 before we got this new forum. I didn't like it that much, and thought it was flawed in many respects. Well I borrowed the 360 version and it is brilliant. The graphics are beautiful, the levels are fun and the moves are awesome. I like how on this one for a time you are permenantly in the black suit. One thing that ticked me off about the PS2 version was that the suit would come over you from time to time, much like rage mode in this one. the 360 version looks better, plays better and works better. I've had a blast with this game. Though it is relatively short (I'm on the last level after 12 hours) it is great fun, and thanks to all the activities such as races and combat tours etc theres plenty of playability after you beat the main game. My favourite level was when you teamed up with Scorpion to attack the science facility and take on Rhino!

I noticed that for 240MSP you can buy New Goblin as a playable character. I'm sorely tempted as he is so badass. Neo, I know you loved this game, and was wondering if you bought Goblin, or if anyone else did, and is he worth it?

You know Dan. I Gameflyed SP3 and actually did like it. My favorite Spider-Man game to date is still "Ultimate Spider-Man" (God how I wish they would make a sequel!). However, SP3 I thought is the 2nd best. It got some really bad reviews and I never quite understood that. Anyway, I always meant to go back and buy it and just never did. I saw it for $12 over the weekend so I thinking I'm going to go back and pick it up. And, if New Goblin, is unlockable, I will buy him!

As for my current gaming, I spend a LOT of time on the party games this weekend. Had 2 different parties hosted at my house. I had a Christmas Party for Friends on Friday Night and then we had a Cowboy Party last night for the game. In both instances we kicked on "You're In the Movies" and "Lips" and I have to say, they were all crowd pleasers. We only had about 8 people over last night and we played more Lips than anything. However, there were almost 20 people over on Friday and they all LOVED You're in the Movies. YinM is a 4 player game, while Lips is only 2. There are still some short comings with both games, things that I hope are addressed! For YinM, my main problem has been there is nowhere to share your videos. You should have the option to upload your videos to a server much like a YouTube service where you can share your videos with friends online. That is a must! For Lips, it's song selection and video capabilities. The good news is that Song Selection will grow, and if MS pushes this like Sing Star there will eventually be a ton to choose from and maybe even with genre packs like Sing Star (County, Pop, 90's, etc). The other thing I really want is to record yourself. This is an option on Sing Star. You can use your PSEyeToy to record you to make your own video while you are singing. Lips does a cool thing by offering a lot of original music videos to sing too, but there are some that are just noise and it would be cool is you could use your Vision Camera to record yourself singing the song. Hopefully this is something that will be corrected with future releases.

But, even with all that said, they are still a bunch of fun. Lips has become one of my favorite games and those dang sexy wireless Microphones make it all that much better! And, now that Rock Band 2 is compatable with the Microphones, that makes it even more tempting :). neo

Double Post - Sorry

It's been a few days, is no one gaming anymore ?!?!

So, last night I spent almost all night watching Netflix. I honestly can say that if nothing else changed with the NXE, it was all worth it for the Netflix. I cannot stress how awesome it is to be able to stream everything they offer right to the Xbox. In my area they don't offer the best DSL yet. Right now I'm at level 3 (of 4) with AT&T. That's up to 3mbps. Level 4 is up to 6mbps. I was worried when I started because I didn't want to get crappy transfers. But, to my suprise, everything looks really nice. It's DVD quality on almost everything and even some of the shoes (Heroes/The Office) it's close to HD quality. Now, as soon as they offer the next level in my area I will be all over it, but until then I just can't express how happy I am with the whole thing!

And, on the gaming front, I've been playing a lot of Lips lately. I've downloaded almost all the Christmas songs and several others (All Star, A Thousand Miles, etc). It's really a blast. I never owned Singstar but used to play it with a buddy, and Lips is much better and the Microphones feel like your grip a fine woman in your hands. Very nice, lol. I've also pulled out LEGO Batman too. Since I beat Fable I thought I'd give it a break and try to go back and finish the Villain story line. That game is still awesome. And, I also downloaded the new Doritos Destruction game, whatever it's called. It's free and actually kinda fun. You just run around as a T-Rex trying to eat the Dorito Trucks or you are the Truck trying to get away from the T-Rex. Simple but fun and FREE. Anyway, check it out! neo

I'm currently running through Gears of War 2 for the second time on the next level of difficulty. Something I have to say, having never finished the 1st one, I liked being able to finish the 2nd one :D This one also had a little more story and it will be interesting to see what they do with the next one. I now have a new computer, so I'll most likely finally get online. I just need to get a wireless router(after the holidays) and the connection for my 360. I talked with a few folks at Costco and Best Buy and they gave me some recommendations. Anyway, once I do, I hope to see some of you online ;)

Can't say the same about NXE, Neo.

Netflix doens't exist in Canada. :down:

Wow, that's the most depressing thing I've heard of since Sean Penn sign to be in "Milk". That really stinks buddy. In fact, Netflix is the greatest thing to happen to my household since we bought a new TV. DVDs/Blu Rays thru the mail and thousands of Movies/TV online and on my Xbox, it's almost enough to make your head explode. I've watched more obscure and foreign and indy movies then I could have ever imagined (and even liked a few, lol). It's just amazing, I really hope you guys can get it one day. It's one awesome service!

On another note, we are having a Christmas party tonight and I bought Home Alone on Blu Ray to watch. I was thinking and I don't think that I've watched home alone in at least 5 or more years. I can't wait. Then we are going to finish the party singing some of the Christmas Classics on "Lips"! It's going to be an awesome party, you guys should come! neo

On another note, we are having a Christmas party tonight and I bought Home Alone on Blu Ray to watch. I was thinking and I don't think that I've watched home alone in at least 5 or more years. I can't wait. Then we are going to finish the party singing some of the Christmas Classics on "Lips"! It's going to be an awesome party, you guys should come! neo

I never realized how subjective the word "party" could be! :lol:

I never realized how subjective the word "party" could be! :lol:

Webster defines "Party" as a "social gathering". :P

While society tends to leads to a certain "Status Quo", we like to keep our parties responsible and mild. That's how we roll :). neo

Webster defines "Party" as a "social gathering". :P

If you want to go by his definition of party, then Home Alone and karaoke definitely fit the bill! :lol:

Anyway, back on topic- I dusted off Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles last night and that game still rocks!

Edited by handsomedevil

I celebrated Christmas with my family on Saturday and received Lego Batman for 360. I liked the Lego Star Wars games a lot and the Batman edition doesn't disappoint!

I know what you mean. I'm a LEGO fan myself and all TT's games have been awesome. LEGO Batman is one of my top 5 games of the year!

Which brings me to a discussion for "Your Top 5 Games of 2008". If you have trouble remembering what games were released, check out the full list here:

2008 Release List - Wikipedia

This would be my Top 5:

1 - Fable II (360)

2 - Call of Duty: World at War (360)

3 - Burnout Paradise (360)

4 - Madden NFL 2009 (360)

5 - LEGO Batman (360)

And, for good measure, "Best Game by Platform" that you own:

Xbox 360 - Fable II

Xbox Live Arcade - Braid

Playstation 3 - Little Big Planet

Playstation Network - The Last Guy

Nintendo Wii - Super Smash Bros Brawl

Nintendo DS - Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Playstation Portable - Secret Agent Clank

So, let's get this end of the year party started :) ! neo

Can't say the same about NXE, Neo.

Netflix doens't exist in Canada. :down:

Wow, that's the most depressing thing I've heard of since Sean Penn sign to be in "Milk". That really stinks buddy. In fact, Netflix is the greatest thing to happen to my household since we bought a new TV. DVDs/Blu Rays thru the mail and thousands of Movies/TV online and on my Xbox, it's almost enough to make your head explode. I've watched more obscure and foreign and indy movies then I could have ever imagined (and even liked a few, lol). It's just amazing, I really hope you guys can get it one day. It's one awesome service!

In Canada we do have Zip.ca...its the same kind of idea....we have a monthly membership and make a (HUGE) list of titles and they ship them out based on your plan....price is right and its a great way to watch obscure or older movies without having to hunt for them in movie stores or buy them without knowing if you want them....it's also a great way to do boxsets that can be pricey to buy or hard to find(Flash TV series)

and for an on topic bit...I am about to embark into new territory as the other day my wife surprised me when we saw a PS2 bundle at The Bargain Shop....it was $150 and it had the system, a controller, Lego Batman and the Justice League:New Frontier DVD....I was shocked and very happy as I was looking at buying Batman for our Wii but now have the option of getting sgtuff for the PS2 as well!

Jeff of the Miniacs

I have not played alot of the recent "big" titles, since I will be receiving some of them for Christmas, and others I will wait until they are cheaper to buy. So my Top 5 won't include GoW2, Fable 2, or Fallout 3.

Top 5:

1 - Rock Band 2 (360)

2 - Burnout Paradise (360)

3 - Boom Blox (Wii)

4 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)

5 - Silent Hill: Homecoming (360)

Edited by luke314pi