What Are You Playing

neolego

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Need your help video gamers. I got my wife a Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas (she asked for it! How aweful a husband I would be to give my wife Wii Fit out of the blue - are you trying to tell me something hon?)

What are some good games for the Wii that two people can play at once?

Any good horror games for the PS3? I feel like playing a good, scary PS3 game. Any recommendations?

Need your help video gamers. I got my wife a Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas (she asked for it! How aweful a husband I would be to give my wife Wii Fit out of the blue - are you trying to tell me something hon?)

What are some good games for the Wii that two people can play at once?

Any good horror games for the PS3? I feel like playing a good, scary PS3 game. Any recommendations?

Good two-player Wii games?

Mario Kart Wii

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Super Mario Galaxy (Kinda)

House of the Dead 2&3 Return (pretty good shooter)

Any Rayman Raving Rabbids are good

Any Guitar Hero/Rock Band

I've heard many a good thing about Boom Blox

Anything LEGO

And... That's pretty much all I got here.

I agree with Trekker.

Mario Kart

Rock BAnd (NOT Guitar Hero)

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Wario Ware

Smash Bros is good, but not for a husband/wife combo.

As for Horror for PS3, Resident Evil 5 will be out in March. Until then you can play RE4 from PS2.

Guitar Hero, not Rock Band. I prefer Guitar Hero's track list. That's the only reason I like it more. So I'd say research the music for each and then buy them both :P

But seriously, make an informed decision and look at the tracks for both then decide.

As for Smash Bros for a husband/wife combo, I disagree. If neither of you know how to play it too well, you'll both be at the same disadvantage. Then you can have a blast pounding each other as your favorite Nintendo characters. Quality family bonding at its greatest. And you can design stages together to pound each other on. If you want a romantic moment together, pound on a computer player in team battle. Or you can go into the music selector and have a nice candlelit dinner with the dulcet tones of The Legend of Zelda playing in the background.

But the biggest reason to get Smash Bros is because it's simply the best Wii game out there hands down and no collection is complete without it. End of story.

Alright, Trekker's right. If neither of you have Smash Bros experience then it would be better. I guess I've just never been there. My wife is a HARDCORE gamer (She could probably take most of you guys on at once in Halo) and she HATES Smash Bros because of it's difficulty spike.

That said, read the above statement.

As for the Rock Band/Guitar Hero... How can a person compare 100 songs in GH to over 500 (and counting) in RB?

If you like Tool & Aerosmith, neither of those are in RB, but...

Okay, nevermind, I agree with Trekker here too:

Do your research. ;)

Alright, Trekker's right. If neither of you have Smash Bros experience then it would be better. I guess I've just never been there. My wife is a HARDCORE gamer (She could probably take most of you guys on at once in Halo) and she HATES Smash Bros because of it's difficulty spike.

That said, read the above statement.

As for the Rock Band/Guitar Hero... How can a person compare 100 songs in GH to over 500 (and counting) in RB?

If you like Tool & Aerosmith, neither of those are in RB, but...

Okay, nevermind, I agree with Trekker here too:

Do your research. ;)

I knew you'd see it my way. And Professor X told me to tell you hi. (Come on, somebody please get this joke.)

I got WWE Smackdown v Raw and loving it. My brother and I got it for each other. We've created our own characters and started leveling them up via Career mode. Never played any of the other incarnations but so far I'm loving it. Nice change of pace from COD WAW. The only thing I don't like is you can't control the attributes when you create a player. They are all standard and start at 38...wtf???

My wife and I have been playing Fable 2 for nearly a week now, and we both love it. She has her own quest where she is a good guy, and I have my own where I am an evil badass. We can play co-op on each other's quests, and share experience and gold. I help her win over the hearts of townspeople all over the land, and she helps me shoot screaming villagers in the back as they flee in terror (which does make me cringe, but I like to see how the game changes depending on how you choose to play it). I hope there are enough side quests to keep us busy for a while, because this is the kind of game I want to sink 100 hours into.

Edited by luke314pi

I've spent the last few days (after Christmas) playing Metal Gear Solid 4 on my new PS3!! The last thing I needed, really, was another game system (I have a 360 and Wii that I never play), but, my family knew how badly I wanted this game, so, what can you do?

Game rocks, by the way. One of the greatest games I've ever played, hands down. I've read a lot of people complaining about the length of the cut scenes, but given the complexity of the MGS storyline, and the Herculean task of trying to pull all of the previous storylines together into something that actually makes sense and answers previously lingering questions, this was necessary. Just got my Playstation 1, pixellized Snake camo mask, and I'm trying to avoid the mini, jumping Metal Gears. . .back at Shadow Moses Island!

because this is the kind of game I want to sink 100 hours into.

I know what you mean. If you want the most out of the game, then don't RUSH THROUGH! Om my second play-through, it took me 4 weeks to beat it, and it was very rewarding.

Whats Up My PEEPS!! :)

Sorry I haven't been around. My wife just had our second kid so we've been wrapped up in that for a while.

Anyway, on the ol'gaming front I've still been playing alot of Fable. I'm working on beating it my second time (to keep my dog) and continue when Knothole island comes out later this month! I did get Prince of Persia for the 360, Buzz TV for the PS3, and Cronos Trigger for the DS for Christmas. Haven't even cracked PoP or Buzz yet, but I did play an awful lot of Cronos at the Hospital over the weekend. That is one game that I've never had the chance to play but have always heard great stuff about it and I'm beginning to see why. I'm really enjoying it! neo

I also started Bioshock and put in about 8 hours today on it. I couldn't put it down. Fantastic game IMO.

Bioshock is an awesome game and despite being one of last years releases ( year before last by the time you read this?) it's one of the best games on any system.

Would you kindly let me know if you are saving or reaping the little sisters?

T.

I got World at War and oh my God, It's amazing! Best war game I've ever played in my life.

world at war rocks and i just beat web of shadows. i seem to keep buying games that arent as great as they sound.

How is Web of Shadows? I need to get another PSP game soon once I finish Vice City Stories and thought Shadows might be one to play on psp rather the xbox

Bioshock is an awesome game and despite being one of last years releases ( year before last by the time you read this?) it's one of the best games on any system.

T.

I went through and saved all the little sisters, so I got the

"happy old man"

ending. Great game. I remember being completely overwhelmed the first time I took on a Big Daddy, but it was a great feeling of accomplishment when I finally put the big bastard down.

T.

"happy old man"

ending. Great game. I remember being completely overwhelmed the first time I took on a Big Daddy, but it was a great feeling of accomplishment when I finally put the big bastard down.

:) yeah when you first see them you think... I'm never going to be able to do that! :)

I'm a huge fan of Bioshocks spiritual predecessors System Shock 1&2 now there were great thinking persons shooters that could scare the crap out of you :)

I have hopes that one day we'll see Shodan back some day.

T.

T.

"happy old man"

I've been saving them all so far. I figured there would be different endings depending on which I chose to do. :)

To see the different ending, you only need to harvest one girl. So if you don't want to play through the entire game twice, you could just keep a save file towards the end of the game and harvest only one girl. Of course, Bioshock is the kind of game you want to play twice. :)