G.I. Joe Minimates!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

The GI Joe Super 7 retro figures make even less sense to me than the ones they do for modern properties, they're simpler than the actual vintage figures at the same scale.

The Super 7 figures confuse me to no end. I get the nostalgic aspect but I can’t imagine how they keep selling out. I also get insanely jealous at how deep the toyline has gone with the Joes and the army builder fun of it all. Maybe one day.

Same here. At around $17 per figure unless you find them on sale it feels expensive for what you get and like others have said it is a step back in articulation from the original figures. They are trying to mimic the cartoon so there is some nostalgia to me but it just isn’t my thing. I do like their Ultimate figures but they are very expensive compared to minimates.

Zach is there any word on series three and four? I think if more people were aware that G.I. Joe Minimates existed that the line would really start selling. Hasbro Pulse selling them would help immensely. I think you guys need to keep going with them if possible.

Yes, knowledge of their existence would certainly help. :) I do my best every day, sending samples to influencers, submitting to gift guides, even print advertising. There is a lot of Joe product out there,  and there is about to be more, in addition to McFarlane I just saw an import company (!) Is doing a line.  It's getting ridiculous. 

Pulse was supposed to offer some for Joe June, not sure what happened. They may prefer new items, I'd love for them to take an exclusive, but not sure they're interested to that extent. 

We are looking at a new initiative that may or may not pan out. Could bring some unmade characters to stores, but we'll see. 

I love this place sometimes. However it should have been obvious. It's a reference to The Princess Bride and how Humperdink wants to frame those smarmy Guilders.  :)

edit: Somehow I missed that NerdyTrev  had this one. If they ever make Princess Bride mates maybe we can get smarmy Guilder army builders. 😆

Edited by cylonchaney

Army builders is not an initiative, it's just character selection. The initiative involves a completely different approach to the line, utilizing some added elements that may broaden the appeal. 

Making an army builder set isn't going to broaden the audience for the Minimates. We'll sell a few more sets, sure, but the number of people who bought the Cobra box set is VERY low, and even if we assumed every one of those customers would buy two army-builder packs, it would still be low. 

An initiative that involves a completely different approach to the line, utilizing some added elements that may broaden the appeal.

Helloooooo Vehicle sets!

I kid, I kid....though I'd buy a Vamp set with Clutch, Stinger w/Driver, HISS w/Driver, RAM w/Breaker, Ferret w/Firefly, etc..the only question is would they be like the Delorean, KITT, MAX style vehicles or a return to C3 building sets. Hasbro gave up on Kre-O sets so maybe you guys could do some vehicles and environment sets. GI Joe Headquarters!

I know it's not likely any of that but my mind sure does wander....I just want more GI Joe mates. Army Builders, New Characters, Old Characters, ARAH, Action Force, Sigma 6, Carded, Loose, Bagged, Crowdfunded...don't care how you do it, just do it!

Edited by jettstorm

22 hours ago, cylonchaney said:

I love this place sometimes. However it should have been obvious. It's a reference to The Princess Bride and how Humperdink wants to frame those smarmy Guilders.  :)

edit: Somehow I missed that NerdyTrev  had this one. If they ever make Princess Bride mates maybe we can get smarmy Guilder army builders. 😆

Definitely got the reference and I would be all in on Princess Bride minimates! 

Very curious to see what the new initiative is. Really hoping to see more Joe & Cobra mates so hopefully it pans out.

Maybe Pulse will eventually get on board and support a vehicle or two or ten. . . I will hold onto hope even if it is a fool’s hope.   

3 hours ago, Chooch said:

I wonder if the initiative is to include a gaming element.  Renegade Games seems to use Diamond for their shipping (which surprised me).  Could be cool.  I love their G.I. Joe Deck Building Game.

There is a GI Joe deck building game? That’s neat. If only my wife or kids were into deck building games. I don’t think I have played one since middle school.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

There is a GI Joe deck building game? That’s neat. If only my wife or kids were into deck building games. I don’t think I have played one since middle school.

https://renegadegamestudios.com/g-i-joe-deck-building-game/

It's decidedly fun - and rather challenging (at least with 2 players).  They also make a Transformers one that seems needlessly difficult.

I would love to see single carded figures released. I think a lot of G.I. joe collectors would love to buy them. They looked great for series one and two. Very nostalgic looking.

Do I need to pull a Cousin Eddy and snatch the head of Target at Christmas and talk to him about the error of his ways and convince him that G.I. Joe Minimates on the pegs at Target would be a great idea? Damn, what a long run-on sentence that was.

15 hours ago, AugieWargo said:

I thought Amazon had some exclusives as well like the Snow Serpent and Cobra Eel.

I'm not very keyed into the GI Joe zeitgeist. I only know about Tiger Force being exclusive to a single retailer through osmosis.

7 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

Do I need to pull a Cousin Eddy and snatch the head of Target at Christmas and talk to him about the error of his ways and convince him that G.I. Joe Minimates on the pegs at Target would be a great idea? Damn, what a long run-on sentence that was.

I think you need to pull a Cousin Eddy and make a spin off sequel nobody asked for.