UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about you purists, but I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.

Pros:

- Loved the way the Autobots were introduced to us.

- The relationship between Sam and Bumblebee

- The amount of action / violence. Giant robots beating the $#!+ out of each other!

- The fact that there are NO LULLS in this flick.

-

Love how Starscream escapes the earth's atmosphere during the credits. He'll be bringing reinforcements for sure.

Cons:

- Agree with you all that the Decepticons took a back seat to every other character in this movie.

- Not enough Starscream, but what they did show of him has me clamoring for more.

- Some of the names were misused with some of the Decepticons (Blackout, Devastator).

Questions:

01)

What happened to Barricade? You saw him converge with the other Decepticons for the final battle, but as far as I could see he was a no show for the final fight.

02) Why would the military guys purposely suggest hiding the all spark in a heavily populated city when they very well new the $#!+ was going to hit the fan?

Bring on the sequel!

Check this movie out. You'll love it. I'll be going again for sure.

I liked it a lot. It was exactly what I thought it would be. Funny and fun with lots of robot fights. When Starscream looped up and landed on the buliding transformed everybody cheered. I agree that the Cullen and Weaving interaction seemed a bit fake but that is one of a very few flaws that I saw. I'm hoping for a Spider-Man 2 level of improvement in the sequel.

If anybody has Soundwave reissue could you tell me what Ravage has on his side? I saw a picture on Flickr and Ravage had a picture of a pink robot where his tape window should be.

He and some of the cassettes (and their reissues) from Japan have those. They are from Headmasters, and are stickers of Fort Max or Scorponok (depending on whether the cassette is a Decepticon or Autobot.) The stickers are meant to represent the blueprints for the city-bots that the cassettes have stolen and brought back to the cassette players. So the story behind them is interesting, even if it may not be as visually appealing as the cassette ribbon.

The movie was fantastic. All of the complaints about character develpment, dialogue, etc are true, but could be said for just about any movie made these days. You can disect any movie and find faults. If you want to see an action-packed movie with sh*t blowing up and badass robot fights galore, you probably won't find anything better until the sequel comes out. :thumbsup:

Did I mention the two unbelievably hot women that are in the movie?

Saw it twice (ah, the things i do in the name of getting paid). I can honestly say I didn't even smile through the second viewing at all. The one funny part was Bumblebee playing a clip of John Wayne, I died... I was the only one. dead silence with me cackling. :P When Optimus first scans the truck, some people cheered. I shouted "Lose the flames, Bay!" and the audience erupted in cheers. This pleased me. The camera shots were FAR too tight, and with all the characters looking and sounding the same, there was no way I could tell what was happening.

Things I hated: The overall movie designs (yeah yeah, we know we know), Jazz, Tyrese Gibson, Megan Fox, the fact that Humans can kill Transformers so easily, the fact that the humans were faster then the friggin giant robots in every case! Spike: faster then Barricade. And Ratchet. And Ironhide. And Megatron. WTF is up with that?

Things I liked: Megatron. Yes, I even liked Frenzy. I found him amusing.The Bumblebee/Barricade fight was awesome. I so wish we had had the movie with classics characters and a good director though. Shia was pure awesomeness.

Things that just made me angry: Jazz. Everything about him. He's way too small, too showoffish, too gangstah, too bling bling. Bumblebee peeing. Man I HATED this part. I was like "when did they stick Jar Jar in this movie?"

Overall: Not at all what I wanted, but I could see it being a lot worse. Glad Transformers is getting attention, even if it's to a side of the property that I despise.

Yeah I too could have done with out the urination. Also I felt when Bumblebee actually got to speak at the end he sounded really odd. But Prime was beautifully handled even with the flames. Cullen did a fantastic job.

Just a little correction, the flames were a joint Bay/Hasbro venture. If it had solely been up to Bay he would have been blue. Just blue. Hasbro wanted red on him, but for some reason the film makers insisted that they couldn't shoot red vehicles. That's why Ratchet is green and Ironhide is black, they felt that they couldn't capture the red on film as well as other colors. (That was Archer's explanation anyway.) Anyway, back to Prime, that's where the flames came from, a compromise between the two camps. And it does looks much better than the original blue sketches, at least in my opinion.

If anybody has Soundwave reissue could you tell me what Ravage has on his side? I saw a picture on Flickr and Ravage had a picture of a pink robot where his tape window should be.

He and some of the cassettes (and their reissues) from Japan have those. They are from Headmasters, and are stickers of Fort Max or Scorponok (depending on whether the cassette is a Decepticon or Autobot.) The stickers are meant to represent the blueprints for the city-bots that the cassettes have stolen and brought back to the cassette players. So the story behind them is interesting, even if it may not be as visually appealing as the cassette ribbon.

Thanks that clears things well that and the pics from Leoric.

I picked up a reissue Soundwave a couple of weeks ago and thought it was quite a big deal because of it's rarety but just today I was at my local tru and there were 2 more so my question is did Hasbro release a bunch more and if so are they planning on releasing even more?

well, that all depends on how many TRU wants to order (which is a lot). The last time they had G1's in Canada, they did not sell so well and they all went on clearance twice. Once the collectors get their fill, the hype will die down and they will be easy to find. More often then not the Canadian TRU exclusives are ordered in large numbers, so more will be on the way but i will look into how far into the year they will be releasing new cases.

...... okay, in the Canadian TRU stores, about 2100 more pieces are on the way and they will be sent to the stores right through till November. hope this answers your question wallbreaker2.0.

i also just saw the movie and.................wow!!!!!!!

I'm trying to track down one of the chase 2008 Concept Camaro Bumblebee Transformers. If anyone can help, please PM me! Thanks!

Chase? No, it's just not released yet. He's going to be in the next wave. Him, Arcee and Dreadwing. So don't start worrying yet. There'll be plenty of him to go around.

I'm trying to track down one of the chase 2008 Concept Camaro Bumblebee Transformers. If anyone can help, please PM me! Thanks!

Chase? No, it's just not released yet. He's going to be in the next wave. Him, Arcee and Dreadwing. So don't start worrying yet. There'll be plenty of him to go around.

Thanks for the info! I've been all over town tonight searching for it. :lol: It seems like even the "classic Camaro" Bumblebee is less plentiful than the rest of the characters. I was getting worried! Does anybody have the $40 Optimus Prime or Megatron? If so, are they worth the cash?

Just saw the film and, honestly, I loved it. Easily my favorite Michael Bay film, favorite summer 2007 movie, and I might even buy it on DVD. Was it the Transformers I grew up with? Well, yes and no. I really hope the next film (you know there will be another) will let us get to know the Decepticons more. This was really the Autobots' movie. Seeing the Autobots rolling through the desert in formation, man, that made me smile.

The final battle was just chaos, but done in a really cool way. In some parts, I had a hard time figuring out what robot was which, and I was always glad whenever the camera would go to slow-mo, because there's so much detail to take in. I wasn't all that crazy about Frenzy, he hammed it up too much and looked like a pile of scissors.

I have four Alternators, and before seeing this movie, I considered selling them off, but now, no way! TRANSFORMERS RULE!

Can anybody give info on how to get my grubby mitts on that ehobby exclusive clear Mirage? I realize it's not out yet but I would like to at least preorder it.

Here's the EHobby Page:

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?u=http%3...=en&ie=UTF8

It's around $50 on eHobby's site, and I believe that they do ship to the US. But if like me you don't want to take the chance that something will get lost in translation, it'll probably cost you around $80 from an online import store. If you can find one that still has them for pre-order. I know BBTS, the site I usually go with, has stopped taking pre-orders.

There's also TFSource, but they're pricing him rather high at $95.

Transformers is possibly the best movie of all time. I have to say though, I am a bit uneducated in TF lore. Before I saw this movie, the only Transformers I had ever seen were Beast Wars, so I was perfectly fine with firey Prime, and with Evil Cybertronian Jet Megatron, which was a point of much controversy with die hard fans that I talked to. Also, anyone played the game? I think the D.S. versions are the best, and the Autobots version is a lot easier than Decepticons, but Decepticons is a lot more satisfying. BEING EVIL RULES :ninja:

Ok, we just got back from seeing Transformers...........

And honestly, the Movie in general was good.

What made it good was the story, it flowed decently enough.

I still do not care for the designs of the Robots, and they are WAY TOO complicated.

There are scenes where it just takes way too long for them to transform into their robot form.

So, in my opinion....it was alright, way over hyped (as per any Bay film) but I seriously wouldn't pay for a full price ticket. Go for a Matinee or see it at a drive in that plays 2 flicks per screen like we did.