UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

On the advice of people on this board, especially in this thread, I saw the Transformers Movie today. I have to say that I loved it! The special effects were great, especially when they transformed. I didn't know that they could switch vehicles/machines?

Did anyone else think it was a little conveniant that a new Cammaro (sorry if spelt wrong) that was yellow which two black racing stripes on just happened to be on the same stretch of road that Bumblebee was on when he switched? And isn't it a little worrying that no-one was driving it at the time???

I thought the Decepticons should have been in it longer, as it only introduced them at the end, briefly. The Tank guy, don't remember the name, was really cool, as was the Helicopter, Blackout? What wa the little Decepticons name? The radio/cell phone one? And the name of the Scorpion one in the desert.

I thought it was a shame they killed Jazz especially as he only got one line.

He seemed well cool.

Also I thought that Megatron turned into a gun, but in the film he turned into a plane thing?

I said that I wouldn't see this movie, but I am so glad I did. I thought it was a brilliant movie, although a little slow to get to the action. Also should have been more fights between the Autobots and Decepticons and Decepticons and police.

Looking back at this post, I must have really liked the film as all I knew before was that there was a Truck called Optimus Prime.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the advice of people on this board, especially in this thread, I saw the Transformers Movie today. I have to say that I loved it! The special effects were great, especially when they transformed. I didn't know that they could switch vehicles/machines?

Did anyone else think it was a little conveniant that a new Cammaro (sorry if spelt wrong) that was yellow which two black racing stripes on just happened to be on the same stretch of road that Bumblebee was on when he switched? And isn't it a little worrying that no-one was driving it at the time???

Are you sure no one was driving? I've seen the movie twice I may have to see it a third time.

I thought the Decepticons should have been in it longer, as it only introduced them at the end, briefly. The Tank guy, don't remember the name, was really cool, as was the Helicopter, Blackout? What wa the little Decepticons name? The radio/cell phone one? And the name of the Scorpion one in the desert.

I'm not sure about the tank you're right about the helicopter, the little decepticon's name is Frenzy , and the scorpion thing in the desert is Scorponok he's kind of like Blackout's pet.

He seemed well cool.

Also I thought that Megatron turned into a gun, but in the film he turned into a plane thing?

It's diffcult to make Megatron a gun because of gun replica laws that prohibit toy guns from looking to realistic. The laws basically say that it has to be a bunch of florescent colours and stuff like the classic voyager Megatron .

The law , if I'm not mistaken, was implemented because of an unfortunate incident involving the original g1 Megatron.

I said that I wouldn't see this movie, but I am so glad I did. I thought it was a brilliant movie, although a little slow to get to the action. Also should have been more fights between the Autobots and Decepticons and Decepticons and police.

Looking back at this post, I must have really liked the film as all I knew before was that there was a Truck called Optimus Prime.

Yep the movie is frickin' awesome!

I finally got my grubby mitts on a 09 camaro Bumblebee. I got it home and noticed that the package has a Decepticon symbol on the front where there is supposed to be an Autobot symbol. Has anybody else noticed packaging anomelies like this?

Well if someone was in the new one, where did they go when Bumblebee began driving, and picked up the kids?

I was looking through my old toy collection yesterday, and found a Transformer figure. Dunno his name, but he can turn into a grey rock. I researched him, and he is a Transformers rock lord apparently.

Also I'd see this film again, but I'm off to France tomorrow. This means I won't be around for 3 weeks. :sad: I'll miss this forum.

A website I checked said Transformers? It says on it made by Bandai 1985. Rock Lords are made by Tonka.

Well if someone was in the new one, where did they go when Bumblebee began driving, and picked up the kids?

Bumblebee just scanned the car and changed his form into it, the original concept Camaro that he scanned just cotinued driving. I'm quite certain this is what happened because if you watch what happens when Optimus becomes the truck the original truck is driving down the road and then Optimus looks like it all of a sudden on top of that hill. Also I read In the comic prequel and it shows the Sector 7 guys surveilancing Bumblebee when Bumblebee becomes the '74 Camaro what happens is it shows A '74 Camaro driving down the highway and then a couple seconds later another one that looks exactly the same(Bumblebee) shows up driving down the same road. That's how they knew something was fishy and a N.b.e. .(Non biological entity) might be involved. Hope I explained it okay.

Oh I get it. They don't become the new vehicle, they just look like it. That makes much more sense. Thanks alot Wallbreaker!

A website I checked said Transformers? It says on it made by Bandai 1985. Rock Lords are made by Tonka.

Gobots were made in Japan by Bandai and then imported to the US by Tonka. The only names that'll be on any Transformer (aside from a couple first series G1s) are Hasbro and Takara(Tomy). Oh, and early Beast Wars figures were made by Kenner.

I was looking through my old toy collection yesterday, and found a Transformer figure. Dunno his name, but he can turn into a grey rock. I researched him, and he is a Transformers rock lord apparently.

I have one of those, but mine's brown. Interesting little thing.

I was looking for something like this.

I have this one

Thanks Dinobot.

He seemed well cool.

the reason megatron didnt turn into a gun is becuase micheal bay said that it was cheating size

the reason megatron didnt turn into a gun is becuase micheal bay said that it was cheating size

But yet the Allspark can transform from being nearly as big as a MacDonald's restaurant down to the size of a Gamecube in seconds. :blink:

But yet the Allspark can transform from being nearly as big as a MacDonald's restaurant down to the size of a Gamecube in seconds. :blink:

Yeah, Michael Bay is a tool.

"No mass-shifting! Except the Allspark."

Oh I didn't know M. Bay said that my bad. I still think the gun replica laws may have played into the decision a little despite the official statement. They may have not wanted to bring up it in order to not draw attention to the fact that it was the g1 Megatron that caused the government to make the laws. ( totally talking out of my butt I'm not sure if Megatron had anything to do with the laws I heard that's why they made the law but I'm not 100% sure)

Noticed that, did we? ;)

Over all I'd say this movie was poorly done, with the exception of the CGI. No shock there, ILM does great work. :P But the plot, story and most of the acting (I love you Shia!) just left so much to be desired. Allspark being a Prime example. ;)

Noticed that, did we? ;)

Over all I'd say this movie was poorly done, with the exception of the CGI. No shock there, ILM does great work. :P But the plot, story and most of the acting (I love you Shia!) just left so much to be desired. Allspark being a Prime example. ;)

I just sort of figured the difference was that the All Spark was an object and not, technically, alive like the Transformers. Kinda like the way you can fold a piece of paper in half a few times but it becomes increasingly more difficult when you fold a person in half.

Oh I didn't know M. Bay said that my bad. I still think the gun replica laws may have played into the decision a little despite the official statement. They may have not wanted to bring up it in order to not draw attention to the fact that it was the g1 Megatron that caused the government to make the laws. ( totally talking out of my butt I'm not sure if Megatron had anything to do with the laws I heard that's why they made the law but I'm not 100% sure)

Those laws were the result of toy guns in general, not just Megatron specifically. I've never been able to find any confirmation about the "kid with a Megatron shot in an alley by the police" story leading to legislative action and suspect it's more of an urban legend kind of thing.

Those laws were the result of toy guns in general, not just Megatron specifically. I've never been able to find any confirmation about the "kid with a Megatron shot in an alley by the police" story leading to legislative action and suspect it's more of an urban legend kind of thing.

Yeah, I've heard stories with just plain toy guns, not Megatron. Although, there was a story where a kid picked up a real gun thinking it was Megatron and shot his brother. No idea if it actually happened or if it's an internet urban legend though.

Man! Have the first wave of Transformers dried up or what? I haven't seen a Barricade or Starscream in weeks! The second wave has yet to show either, so all of my local stores have big empty holes where the Transformers should be...

Third wave. Both wave 1 and 2 were released at the same time, so I don't exactly remember which is which.

But, yeah, I'm getting a little frustrated with all of the new sightings of Transformers. Around here, most stores look like a bomb went off. Transformers toys are everywhere and no where. Sure the shelves are decently full, but they don't have a wide selection. It seems that all of the peripheral lines have started to fill in where the "main" line toys should be. You'd be lucky to find ANY Deluxes at Walmart or TRU, because the Robot Replicas or Fast Action Battlers have taken over their spot on the shelves. Bah! I want my 2009 Bumbles and Arcee! (And Payload and Longarm, since there have been sightings of Wave 4 now too.)