UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing pics there, TENIME, I especially like that 'go-for-your-guns' pose you have Optimus in. I just may borrow it for mine. :D

But like other people, the new Jazz was the prime reason (pun intended) for my visit to Toys "R" Us on Saturday. And they were having a 3 dollar off sale on the Voyager line too, gotta luv it. Now, I want me a Starscream, especially after seeing those amazing pics of yours. That scene of him in the latest trailer looping up onto the building and landing in bot mode sold me on him completely. I didn't really like the Protoform version of him, but the jet version in the film, wow....

Thanks! (Please, steal the pose! That's what message boards are for!)

I still can't say that he is Starscream, but Voyager "SS" is an awesome figure!! The only thing I don't like about him is his missiles fire waaaaay too easily. Oh, well. They went in my accessories drawer anyways...

I'm still on the fence about Optimus. Can someone who owns both the Voyager AND Leader version please give me some Advice. I'm not a completionist when it comes to Transformers. I'm only get the main cast of the movie and I only want 1, definite version of the cast. I do not want multiple versions of the figures, so I've bought them all except for Optimus and Megatron (I held off on Megs because I want the same class as Optimus). So, any help would be great. Picture Comparrisons would be even better :D. neo

I don't own Leader Prime yet (I'm a Prime enthusiast, not a completist), but he looks to be a better figure. Not as much kibble in robot mode, more of the pretty neat Automorph. As a personal preference, I wasn't going to buy any Megatrons, but I've seen some pictures of Leader that make him look amazing, so I may rethink my previous statement. It's more expensive (believe me, I don't make anything, so price means alot to me), but I'd go with the Leaders. IMHO.

So...broke down and bought the Wal-Mart "First Encounter" 2-pack, even though it contains the "defective" Bumblebee...

bbee-1.jpg

bbee-2.jpg

barricade-1.jpg

barricade-2.jpg

Got 'Bee into car mode and back into 'bot mode once, fine. I'm not transforming him again, though...

but the main problem I have with him is that his head sits rather low on (or in) his chest.

Clicky!!

So I walked into TRU. Same ol, same ol, ooh, new Titanium CW Gunship. Huh, they restocked on Soundwave-- OMFG! IT'S RODIMUS FRICKIN PRIME!!!!

Needless to say, I and my articulated awesome non-parts-former diecast favorite Autobot leader of all time are pleased.

It's prolly old news for you guys but I just picked up the reissue soundwave. I think Ravage is the coolest to be completely honest I'm not crazy about Soundwave's double cassete holder but meh he's still pretty freakin' cool. I would post a picture but I'm not sure how :confused:

do they make a transformers movie soundwave yet?

soundwaves my favorite transformer

In a sense, they've made two

Originally, the character "Blackout" was going to be Soundwave. When fans rejected the notion of Soundwave not being a tape player, they created the character now called "Frenzy." Of course, when leaked how small he was, they complained again, hence the name change (again).

But no, no Movie Soundwaves. Although I believe it had been hinted that they may be looking into doing an "accurate" Soundwave for one of the sequels.

on attack of the show they said that it was announced that one of the transformers was going to be an ipod, which would probally be soundwave, did they hae to take that out of the movie because fans complained?

on a side note, does anybody know what megatron transforms into in the movie?

on attack of the show they said that it was announced that one of the transformers was going to be an ipod, which would probally be soundwave, did they hae to take that out of the movie because fans complained?

on a side note, does anybody know what megatron transforms into in the movie?

The iPod is more than likely just a generic robot.

Spoiler:

Although Frenzy's head turns into a handheld device more like a PDA at one point, so maybe the interviewee was just confused?

Megatron turns into a Cybertronian jet.

*agrees with spoiler^*

I read the novel. Both actually. The first was, eh, I read a LOT of scifi and this was on the bottom run of okay. The movie adaptation, if it wasn't Transformers I would have quit reading it. It takes a LOT for me to put down a book. If I start reading it it has to be finished, I'm just that way. The movie book failed that test.

Just thought I'd bring this guy to everyones attention. That's a big-ass Prime...

Yeah. Saw it. Thanks. <_< It just had to be Prime, right!? <_<

:lol:

Now all I need are a house with enough room inside, and ample driveway space for a delivery truck, and $4,000 just lying around, with nothing to spend it on... :rolleyes:

:lol:

Leader Prime is mine!!

leader-prime1.jpg

leader-prime2.jpg

God, he's big...

I'm loving that Prime torso shirt, but the G1 design just doesn't go with the movie helmet. So, when I bought my Cullen helmet, I also picked up a full-size, three-dimensional, wearable Prime torso*:

prime-helmet.jpg

*That statement may or may not be full of sh--.

Dear God above, I HATE this movie. There is NOTHING good that can come of it. Actually, I mean the movie movie toys. The others (Robot Heroes, Target Energon repaints, ect. Those are awesome) are just awesome. But the movie toys aren't worthy to be scrap.

...Or are they? I got movie Blackout, thinking he'd be awesome. He wasn't. He was out of the box all of 10 mins before he went under the knife. I'd already planned to put a Snow Cat head on him, and maybe change out his hands and feet. As it was, I yanked out the entire arm assembly and replaced it with Evac (a scrapped BW Silverbolt project. Don't use spray paints!) Hollowed out the chest and put in Snow Cat's head, the replaced the feet with Lazer Prime's.

I started painting and went with an urban cammo, but I didn't like the way that looked. So I figured with a name like Blackout, what other color could he be? Fortunately (Thank You, God!) the plastic wasn't vynal based, so it stood up to enamel high gloss black paint.

So, He's in the middle of being painted. I just need to get some other colors on him. I was thinking maybe silver and teal. Any thoughts?

Blackout2.jpg

Blackout1.jpg

Nemesis Evac? :lol: Silver and teal sound good to go with the black!

As badly as I want to see "live-action" G1 designs, I'm starting to like the movie more and more (sorry, IMHO), even the toys.

Got Ironhide today:

ironhide-001.jpg

ironhide-002.jpg

And, finished with the Robot Heroes (of the ones that I've found in the stores...so far, doesn't sound like anyone's found Jazz/Thundercracker, Matrix Prime/Unicron or the Cliffjumper/Skywarp WM 5-pack):

bbee.jpgsdwave.jpg

grim.jpgshock-shrap.jpghrod.jpg