UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

Or rather, I got it the first time around back in 04, when he was still die cast, instead of the DVD 06 version.

I'm pretty sure the DVD one still had die cast. He was just missing the chrome, and his colors were more saturated.

Had he been plastic, I would have grabbed him right away; I'm not a fan of the die cast legs. The chest is fine, but the legs are way too heavy for those joints.

I'm almost posative that he's 100% plastic. A friend of mine got him and said he had no die cast. I wanted one cause that makes him easier to kitbash

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or rather, I got it the first time around back in 04, when he was still die cast, instead of the DVD 06 version.

I'm pretty sure the DVD one still had die cast. He was just missing the chrome, and his colors were more saturated.

Had he been plastic, I would have grabbed him right away; I'm not a fan of the die cast legs. The chest is fine, but the legs are way too heavy for those joints.

I'm almost posative that he's 100% plastic. A friend of mine got him and said he had no die cast. I wanted one cause that makes him easier to kitbash

Ah, yes. Sorry. Got confused. Yep, that's the one I have, too. Even though it's supposedly "Cartoon-faithful", I can't stand the orangeish 20thDVD Prime...

My buddy has that Prime. I'll ask him, if we're all really concerned with what the worst "MP" Prime is made out of... :lol:

:blackspidey: Well the one i got from tru the dvd version was both plastic and diecast, the upper legs and arms were plastic and the lower legs and chest was diecast. As I said though he had the problem with the leg not locking extended so I returned him after one exchange with the same problem I even tried to fix him. I was super choked that mp prime was awesome and I thought that that was my chance to own one. My buddy has a mp I haven't seen it in a long time I think he actually got his from Japan.

I've already decided that for the movie figures i'm only dropping the full money down on Leader Class Prime, Voyager Class Jazz and Ironhide. The rest can wait until i see them on clearance somewhere because i know i probably really should be, but i'm not that impressed with what i see...Bumblebee in particular will NEVER enter the PCC...

As for Classics, In the UK and in particular at my local Woolworths all they seem to have shelfwarming is the Magnus vs Skywarp boxed set, Starscream (Tempted to pick one up and attempt a repaint into Thundercracker seeing as i'm not ever going to get the Botcon "Games of Deception" boxed set) and Hotrod...

Oh and if everybody hasn't yet, make sure you pick up the Revoltech Convoy and Megatron for their total coolness *nods*

I've already decided that for the movie figures i'm only dropping the full money down on Leader Class Prime, Voyager Class Jazz and Ironhide. The rest can wait until i see them on clearance somewhere because i know i probably really should be, but i'm not that impressed with what i see...Bumblebee in particular will NEVER enter the PCC...

You get to save even more money, Jazz is only a Deluxe.

As for me, I already have Leader Prime, Voyager Ironhide, the eight wave 1 and 2 Deluxes, the Protoforms, all six wave 1 and 2 Real Gear, the six wave 1 and 2 Robot Heroes 2pks, the voice changer helmet and the transforming blasters.

Of the items due out on the street date, I'm still looking to get the Target Basics and Robo-Vision Prime, and Voyager Blackout and Starscream.

I'll most likely pass on Leader Megatron, the Fast Action Battlers, and most of the other promotional toys.

You get to save even more money, Jazz is only a Deluxe.

Yep, you're right, my mistake...

I own the Protoforms already and i have to say that against my better judgement i actually quite like them. Not overkeen on Starscream's head or colours (Should have gone with the colours on the back of the packaging) but the articulation on both figures is pretty good as it goes...

I don't really consider Robot Heroes and their ilk to be movie toys. I know I will be getting them, Optimash Prime, and prolly the Real Gear toys, alone with every Energon repaint Hasbro feels the need to pump out. As far as actual movie toys go, I got Wreckage and I want to scream he's such a piece of crap. Blackout, Ironhide and Arcee are the end of my very short want list.

I hate what this fandom is coming to...

I don't really consider Robot Heroes and their ilk to be movie toys. I know I will be getting them, Optimash Prime, and prolly the Real Gear toys, alone with every Energon repaint Hasbro feels the need to pump out. As far as actual movie toys go, I got Wreckage and I want to scream he's such a piece of crap. Blackout, Ironhide and Arcee are the end of my very short want list.

I hate what this fandom is coming to...

I'm definitely picking up the Robot Heroes and Optimash Prime although i do have a slight problem with Optimash Prime because buying Transformers is one thing but buying a variant Mr Potato Head at the age of 31 is something entirely different...

The Real Gear stuff is an interesting idea but again, i think i'll wait until i see them in the reduced section before i pick them up...

The Energon repaints i don't know, i don't really like repaints so i'll probably avoid them like the plague...

And the more i look at pictures of Blackout and Ratchet, the more i'm starting to like them enough to buy them...

Truth be told, i'll probably end up buying most of the line just to keep the addiction fed :blush:

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Robot Heroes are mine! I need more! MORE!!! MWAHAHAHA!

Just out of interest but where did you get your Robot Heroes and was it online ?

And nothing beats the Myclone Transformers, shame they never carried on...

I got mine at walmart. Sweet victory was making them sell them to me before the street date.

That is fun isn't it? I got Magnus and Megatron at Walmart after they refused to sell them. The first cashier just took them. The second one that I went to just rang up a Spidey Vs. Venom pack twice for me.

Really, I wouldn't mind if they said it was because of the street date, but the first cashier said that there was something wrong with them, that they were harmful to children and probably used lead paint (Again! That's what a cashier said about the Spidey 3 toys that they put out before the street date). That was enough to more than irk me, so I was even more determined to buy them.

I understand that they have no idea why home office put them on recall, but just say that they can't sell them and that's its a recall item. Don't make up something like lead paint, especially not voluntarily without the customer asking. Just stay general and you won't have to lie about the specifics!

Man do I understand that. I got the same crap about "Oh, these must have been recalled, I can't sell them" and the first cashier wouldn't even give them back to me. So I went to the toy manager who was standing there and said essentially "Look, you've got a million, they're price tagged and they're not selling. Sell them to me. So she did. Sokay, after today this whole mess is over.

Capitalism is alive and well BTW. Scalpers are running around all over the place trying to snag as many movie toys as possible. I saw one trying to be sneaky and take a case of voyagers off a pallet. He opened it up and about 3 people rushed him, myself included. "Can we see?" He begrudgingly let of look, and exclaimed in a pissed off voice "Hey, where's Optimus?" I explained that Optimus and Megatron were wave 2, and he said "Oh yeah? How do you explain this then?" holding up a Classics Prime. I told his it was Classics, and he looked at me funny, saying "I don't care. It's all money to me," and left.

Dooshbag

BTW, here's the Robot Heroes exclusive box set http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default...9FFDB953D635BDC

:blackspidey: I was wondering if somebody could tell me where to find a good web forum specifically for transformers.

I only ever used to use two...

TF@TM Sake Comments <---Easily the best MB in the UK and run by Dave & Steve, pretty nice guys when it comes down to it and a good community to belong to...

Tfans <---Another good, well informed community with the added bonus that you can ask Remy from Remy's Transformers questions and generally he'll answer...

There's obviously more out there...

TM2, cheers, i'll have to see if i can get someone in the US to pick some up for me because i must have Robot Heroes...

I can do it if you need me to man. All TF toys are in abundence now that it's the 2nd. If you cant find them I should be able to pick some up.

FYI, www.allspark.com and www.tfw2005.com are prolly the two biggest TF sites out there. The peoples that run/participate on them are sometimes doosh bags, however there both fairly large communities. www.seibertron.com www.transfandom.com and www.tformers.com are also good

I'm going to be spending so much money shortly after SDCC...

I need Alternators Hot Rod, TS Menasor and gold Pimp Daddy Destro. Then there's the Zombies, of course. I also want the R2-KT, the black Scout Trooper and the Obi Wan and Yoda McQuarrie figures from Star Wars. And that Shulkie ML figure has piqued my interest as well. Dip, I'm screwed :P

I can do it if you need me to man. All TF toys are in abundence now that it's the 2nd. If you cant find them I should be able to pick some up.

I should be OK but cheers anyway dude. Just ordered Leader Class Prime from The Entertainer for £29.96 & £3.95 P&P and according to my source (Basically a friend who works there) they're getting in pretty much most of the Deluxe and Voyager class figures as well so that should be me sorted fingers crossed...

Will definitely give you a shout if i can't grab Robot Heroes for myself though...

I'm going to be spending so much money shortly after SDCC...

I need Alternators Hot Rod, TS Menasor and gold Pimp Daddy Destro. Then there's the Zombies, of course. I also want the R2-KT, the black Scout Trooper and the Obi Wan and Yoda McQuarrie figures from Star Wars. And that Shulkie ML figure has piqued my interest as well. Dip, I'm screwed :P

The Alt and Menasaur are a hit and a miss, but Destro and the Biker Scout are HIGH on my list.

I was severely limited by my wallet, and even $40 later, it still hurts...

I'm so poor... :(

Real Gear Booster x10 & Zoom Out 25x

DSCN1193.jpg

DSCN1194.jpg

Robot Heroes Prime & Ravage and Magnus & Megatron (almost cried - not really - seeing everyone else, and not being able to afford them all right now...)

DSCN1192.jpg

and the reason I even walked into Wal-Mart (Target didn't have RV Prime, negating my reason for walking into there)...Jazz.

DSCN1196.jpg

DSCN1195.jpg

God, is he amazing...

Sure, we'll ah, we'll go wikth that. :rolleyes:

I got the first half of Robot Heroes wave 2, Target Arcee (Chromina), Spyshot, a clearance Classics Mirage and a Blackout.

Oh man. Blackout is a piece of crap. I thought he'd be cooler. After about 3 hours of kitbashing, I managed to get him into some semblance of interesting, but its barely worth it. After being burned by Wreckage and now Blackout, I am passing on every single other "movie" toy out there. (... Must... fight... getting Arcee) On the upside, while I was ripping him into pieces, there was a military chopper that flew right overhead that was the same make and color as Blackout. Very cool.

Anyways, Spyshot is amusing. I think you just sold me on the rest of the Real Gear toys, Tenime.

And does any one feel that Robot Heroes wave 2 are weaker then wave 1? With longer pegs and smaller holes, I'm afraid I'm gona break them. (First one that says a word, Megatwon threatens to kill ;) ) Seriously, best toys ever. Get them.