UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBTS had them for $99.99, I know I didn't pay that. :lol: I really want to know the retail price.

Actually, he was answering Webhead's question about Revoltech.

20th Prime ranged from $59.99 to 64.99 depending on the store. DVD Prime was $64.99 to $89.99, for some reason TRU decided to jack their price for him up $20 more than anyone else.

Thanks NightViper I figured TA was answering Webhead's question, but I sorta missed it with this my minimized view. You know Webheads sig can get you in trouble at a corporate office. :P

Sorry man! I'll have to change that sometime soon.

Thanks for the info guys!

I feel so old! I remember transforming my G1s back and forth as a kid, but it took me an hour to transform Starscream and Protoform Starscream once and back to original form. Either the new ones are intricately designed or their instructions are a lot harder to decipher. Not only that, but they both had parts that would go flying off if they were barely bumped the wrong way.

Anybody else have a bit of trouble with the movie Transformers?

I've got the Darth Vader Transformer and some Alternators, and I've also found that often times parts will come right off. It's due to there being so much plastic. The old metal G1 Transformers were so much more durable. Hasbro makes the new ones so that the parts can be reattached, so you don't have a toy that's 'broken,' it's just 'disassembled.' It means the kid (or parents) can repair it at home, without sending it in for replacement.

Every time I transform Alternators Prime, I just pop off the front bumper parts, transform the rest, and pop the bumper parts back on. It's annoying, but it's easier that way.

I've got the Darth Vader Transformer and some Alternators, and I've also found that often times parts will come right off. It's due to there being so much plastic. The old metal G1 Transformers were so much more durable. Hasbro makes the new ones so that the parts can be reattached, so you don't have a toy that's 'broken,' it's just 'disassembled.' It means the kid (or parents) can repair it at home, without sending it in for replacement.

Every time I transform Alternators Prime, I just pop off the front bumper parts, transform the rest, and pop the bumper parts back on. It's annoying, but it's easier that way.

The diecast has nothing to do with it really. It is just the "detachable pieces to prevent breakage" concept that causes them to be like that. Frankly, I prefer that to first couple wave of G1 any day. I've come across tons of G1 toys that were utterly destroyed. Doors broken off, windows broken off, roofs. Heck, even looking at Jazz's roof the wrong way will make it snap off.

But Alternators, Titaniums and SWTF do that that to an extreme with those pressure joints. I'm not really sure what to call them, they're the pegs cut into four wedges with a pin in the middle. Those things just don't want to stay on, and any tiny bump will knock them loose. Luckily, they have kept the main line toys free of those, for the most part.

Can someone post a link to a complete list of Transformers movie action figs. I'm a little confused because the only place that I've seen the 2008 Bumblebee is on ebay for crazy money, also I don't think I've seen a starscream jet fig or a Megatron.

Can someone post a link to a complete list of Transformers movie action figs. I'm a little confused because the only place that I've seen the 2008 Bumblebee is on ebay for crazy money, also I don't think I've seen a starscream jet fig or a Megatron.

Just so you know, that rumored street date of the 14th turned out to be bogus. Nothing new around here. So 2009 Bumblebee, while indeed starting to trickle out, has yet to grace store shelves in most places.

Starscreams are fairly common, but he seems to be the first Voyager to sell out. I believe he is wave 2, shipping with Ironhide. Wave 1 was Blackout and Ratchet.

Leader Megatron came out on the original release date in some places. But for the most part, he didn't start arriving en masse until last week or so. Now they are just starting to cling to the shelves everywhere I go.

Voyager Megatron and Prime, like 2009 Bumbles, are just now starting to hit shelves. Not around here, but I imagine it won't be too long.

So, I really wouldn't panic about any of those yet, stores still have a lot of the wave 1 and 2 figures to sell, so they may be holding back on new stuff for the time being. Also, most stores (Walmart, TRU and Target) had sales on Transformers last week or this week, so that may push back the new figures as well. Also, Targets should be doing one of their resets soon as they're starting to clearance out some toylines. That's just one more factor that may be holding back the new figures.

Thanks for the info Night Viper I would like one of the 2009 Bumblebee but I'm not going to pay what they're selling for on ebay. I saw a Starscream on tru Canada website $23 free shipping I think I might go for it. Starscream is a pretty major player in the whole Tf world.

http://www.seibertron.com/forums/viewtopic...tart=0&sid=

That has most of the stuff. You should just be patient. Scalpers were snatching up Leader Class Megatrons like crazy when they first hit and they're doing so with '08 Bumblebee now. Last week, when I went hunting, every store had at least one Megatron so I'm sure Bumblebee will be readily available soon enough.

Does anybody know anything about robo vision Prime ie. if he's leader class and if he's any good the reason I ask is I seen him for 34.99 on some paypal store and that's alot cheaper then I've seen leader class prime.

he's only voyager, sorry.

On another note, This thread is like 10x more popular than stuff like "Minimates of the past"(exaggeration). I'd almost say the board could have a section soley for Transformers! :P

Does anybody know anything about robo vision Prime ie. if he's leader class and if he's any good the reason I ask is I seen him for 34.99 on some paypal store and that's alot cheaper then I've seen leader class prime.

he's only voyager, sorry.

Also, it was a Target exclusive and, as far as I know, has not seen a release past the first time which may explain the increase in price on the secondary market (original retail was $24.99).

Also, it was a Target exclusive and, as far as I know, has not seen a release past the first time which may explain the increase in price on the secondary market (original retail was $24.99).

And he sold out very, very quickly. In my area, they didn't even survive to see the clearance sales. That is very unusual for Target exclusives, which typically have quite a few left on the shelves when they start reducing the price a month after their initial release.

I've never been into Transformers, but with the movie coming out, and having alot of spare time right now, is it worth seeing. I know nothing about Transformers apart from there are Autobots and Decepticons and they fight. Don't know anyone except Optimus Prime. Will I enjoy this film knowing next to nothing?

I've never been into Transformers, but with the movie coming out, and having alot of spare time right now, is it worth seeing. I know nothing about Transformers apart from there are Autobots and Decepticons and they fight. Don't know anyone except Optimus Prime. Will I enjoy this film knowing next to nothing?

Probably. There really isn't anything that you need to know that they don't tell you. It's completely it's own "universe", so you don't need to know any of the prior fiction.

There are a few "inside jokes" that only Transformers fans would get, like some of the dialog is taken from the '86 movie, Prime says his tech spec quote, and stuff like that. Nothing really major though.

As far as characters go, the majority of the Decepticons are new, never-before-seen characters and the Autobots are pretty thoroughly introduced, so if you go in only knowing Prime you shouldn't have a problem.

And he sold out very, very quickly. In my area, they didn't even survive to see the clearance sales. That is very unusual for Target exclusives, which typically have quite a few left on the shelves when they start reducing the price a month after their initial release.

Yeah, I was lucky enough to find one when they did the $19.99 sale the second week.

Thanks NightViper! I may just see this movie when it comes out over here.