UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

There has been at least one sighting of Robot Heroes Jazz/Thundies and Prime/Unicron. I believe it was at a Target in California.

And my order of the 5-pack from Walmart.com came into the store this morning. Despite a minor flub (they sent a delay notice this morning slightly before sending the arrival notice), it wasn't too bad of an experience. I'd recommend it to those of you that don't trust Walmart to receive their own exclusives. I know mine is notorious for skipping them.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the main problem I have with him is that his head sits rather low on (or in) his chest.

Clicky!!

Wow, thanks! That's definitely something I'm going to have to try.

;)

WHAT THE F**K? Mine has no gray part! Damnation!

but the main problem I have with him is that his head sits rather low on (or in) his chest.

Clicky!!

;)

How's the head connected then? You have to pull the head off to see the grey part (it's what the head is on). Then cut out a path in front of the grey part.

Clicky!!

;)

How's the head connected then? You have to pull the head off to see the grey part (it's what the head is on). Then cut out a path in front of the grey part.

Do I cut into the red part in front of the gray connecter?

Yes. You're making a track for the connector joint.

Ok. And it'll be able to move forward if I cut a notch in the red part in front of the joint?

Yes. You're making a track for the connector joint.

Ok. And it'll be able to move forward if I cut a notch in the red part in front of the joint?

Yep, I was able to cut mine with just a plain old razor blade. The grey piece is already hinged for some reason, so all you have to do is remove the red plastic that's preventing it from moving.

I like it and all, but I really like Blackout too. I'm probably going to have to wait till my birthday (July 26) to get him and Scorponok though. Sigh...

Thanks guys. That's the most positive reaction I've gotten so far, NV. It's been very interesting watching people's reactions. They've gotten used to movie bots, and when they see what they could have gotten, some of them just cant take it. I've had the "GeeWun" card played on me so many times with this bot, it's just fascinating.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a reissue Soundwave a couple of weeks ago and thought it was quite a big deal because of it's rarety but just today I was at my local tru and there were 2 more so my question is did Hasbro release a bunch more and if so are they planning on releasing even more?

I picked up a reissue Soundwave a couple of weeks ago and thought it was quite a big deal because of it's rarety but just today I was at my local tru and there were 2 more so my question is did Hasbro release a bunch more and if so are they planning on releasing even more?

well, that all depends on how many TRU wants to order (which is a lot). The last time they had G1's in Canada, they did not sell so well and they all went on clearance twice. Once the collectors get their fill, the hype will die down and they will be easy to find. More often then not the Canadian TRU exclusives are ordered in large numbers, so more will be on the way but i will look into how far into the year they will be releasing new cases.

They have them at my TRU too. 5 or 6 of them. Kind of pricey though and I've been spending all my Transformer budget on the movie toys out so far. Wish Soundwave was in the film in some way though glad not as a helicopter. Has anybody seen it yet in an advance screening?

The movie I mean.

The Transformers moved very fluidly, the CGI work was actually quite beautiful. Their transformations were amazing, especially when used during an action scene.

The VA work was at times a little but choppy. Weaving and Cullen should have been in the same room when recording, because at times they seem to be stating their lines, rather than talking to the other robot. It's just barely noticeable in a few certain spots though. For most part, the dialog is better delivered.

(this next bit of criticism gets a bit spoiler-ish)

The hackers were written much better in the book. In the movie, you get next to no background into their characters. And even though Glen (Anthony Anderson) gets less screen time, he definitely has more going for him than Maggie (Rachel Taylor). She's just a blonde with an Australian accent so annoying you want to tune her out rather than listen to her.

Some in Sector Seven is a bit annoying as well. Other than a couple of instances of comedic relief, Agent Simmons (John Turturro) is just irritating.

The Bumblebee urination thing was uncalled for and unnecessary. Soaking the guy in lubricant is fine, but they should have had it not come from his crotch. He's a robot, it can come from anywhere. R2D2 sprayed lubricant and it wasn't disgusting.

The plot was ok. All of the various parts meshed together alright. The end lost any sense of the dramatic though. Here's were it gets really spoiler-y. There was no moment of decision for Sam, no pause to plan what he did. So the scene where he jams the Allspark into Megatron seems too fast and anti-climactic. There should have been a moment where he actually considered putting it in Prime. And Prime's plea to do so should have been more insistent. But instead, you don't really get the sense of sacrifice that should have been there for both characters.

Still, an ok movie. And it's almost impossible not to get at least a little excited about some of the action scenes. The scene with Barricade jumping and transforming in mid-air, then landing in car mode is just fantastic.

Yep. First off the designs plain out suck. However, I am willing to look past that. The character development is nill except for maybe sam (Spike). The Decepticons are just nameless thugs who don't even talk that much, and who have no characterization at all. The plot is super weak.

Megatron is standing on a roof of a building, right? (its on youtube if you want to see it.)

1) Why is Megatron bartering with this insect? Megatrons do not barter, they conquer!

2) I wonder how love that Hotel that is UNDER CONSTRUCTION will hold a multi ton shifting robot?

3) Ironic isn't it, that while Megatron and Soundwave were scorned for their mass shifting, and Bay himself is an admitted hater of mass shifting, the little plot device seems to grow and shrink at will.

4) No Megs, don't swing, squish! Seriously, if you want to go running after the cube again, go ahead and swing like a T-Ball set. But if you want to get this over with, just squish the little bugger and be done with it.

Things like that, it just threw it way under in my books. Toob much loud sound effects, too much action, too much cussing, WAY too much Tyrese Gibson

Well it is a Bay film so I wasn't expecting a The Usual Suspects level of characterization. Sounds about what I expected. A fun popcorn film thats not too deep with lots of great action and special effects. Like the new Die Hard or FF2 both of which were popcorn yet still quite enjoyable. At least I thought. Going to go see it tonight. Bought the tickets two weeks ago so good or bad I was going to be there. :D

"Too much cussing?"

I can only think of one word, and only a couple instances of said word. I thought that when Sam said it it was an ok throwback to the '86 movie. Tyrese's use of the word could have been cut, since it really didn't add anything to his comment. It was probably realistic in that that is how a soldier would react in that situation, though.

And speaking of Tyrese, he was in it for only a handful of scenes, most of which he was a background character at best. So I'm not seeing how it was WAY too much of him, unless you really despise him that much. I know next to nothing about him, so I really don't really have an opinion on his appearance one way or the other. There was definitely a large, seemingly positive, reaction to him during the screening I saw.

So I didn't mind either of those cons that you stated.

As for the plot, it's no more weak than most other Transformers fiction. If you remove the Beast era, the story is on par with those stories, if not better. I may be unfairly judging it by having read the novel first though. The novel did flesh out some scenes, so maybe without that, the movie doesn't hold together as well.

You are right about the Decepticons though. They were for the most part non-characters. It's too bad the tension between Starscream and Blackout wasn't there. That's just about the only part of Ghosts of Yesterday that I liked. And there being no scheming from Starscream was also disappointing. The closest we got was the "I live to serve you, Megatron" line that could be interpreted as tongue-in-cheek. Devastator and Bonecrusher, I don't mind if they had no character, because their job is as much character as they need. They were hulking brutes not keen with words, so therefore expressed themselves through destroying everything around them. I do wish that Bonecrusher had more screen time, that was certainly disappointing.