UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

Just got the Revoltech Prime and Megatron in the mail today! they are kick ass. A bit smaller than I would like but very cool! Now only if they woudl make more

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the TRU Titanium TWW Prime and Megatron. Prime is slightly/i] fixed, but note really. I love him though. Megatron, surprisingly, is crap.

My Prime is pretty much the same. THe shoulder may tend to stick better but that's about it really. I still like him though; heck, I liked him enough to buy the mold four times (3 Primes, 1 Ultra Magnus). I was planning on maybe doing a Nemesis Prime and possibly a Hot Spot repaint of the Primes.

But yeah, Megs isn't the greatest. It's too bad that we didn't get a good one in the line. The GI Joe one is just plain bad and the TWW one is just...there. I really don't have much to say about him good or bad.

Hopefully HTS will update soon with Primal Prime, Soundblaster, TWW Prowl and TWW Grimlock so I can finish the line. Judging from what happened with G1 Ultra Magnus, these last four will probably be almost impossible to find.

Alright, it's settled. I'm getting a 20th Anniversary Prime (or Takara version or whatever). These two pics made up my mind:

http://seibertron.com/toys/fullsize.php?id...=1â„‘=92

http://seibertron.com/toys/fullsize.php?id...=1â„‘=22

I mean, how friggin' cool is that!

No Prime collection is complete without this one.

For some reason, I've got a thing for gold diecast toys.

Ok, I scored a concept Camaro Bumblebee today, and tomorrow, he's going back to the store.

I CANNOT transform him correctly, I think his front end is broken now. If any of you people out there want him, i found him at Walmart, but as for me, I'll just get one of the voyagers.

Any Recommendations other than Prime, Megatron and Blackout? The first two don't seem to exist in Georgia, and I have the third.

Ok, I scored a concept Camaro Bumblebee today, and tomorrow, he's going back to the store.

I CANNOT transform him correctly, I think his front end is broken now. If any of you people out there want him, i found him at Walmart, but as for me, I'll just get one of the voyagers.

I haven't heard of that problem on the '09 Bumblebee. On the '76 one, yeah, all the time as people try to transform him without pushing his Auto-morph button hard enough.

As for Voyagers, I like them all. My least favorite is Ratchet, I don't really care for his robot legs or his weapons. They just seem so bland. My favorite is either Ironhide or Blackout. With Starscream in a close third. I do know that Ironhide rubs other folks the wrong way though. He's a little hard to transform and one of the panels and his waist don't hold all that secure.

Alright, it's settled. I'm getting a 20th Anniversary Prime (or Takara version or whatever). These two pics made up my mind:

http://seibertron.com/toys/fullsize.php?id...=1â„‘=92

http://seibertron.com/toys/fullsize.php?id...=1â„‘=22

I mean, how friggin' cool is that!

No Prime collection is complete without this one.

For some reason, I've got a thing for gold diecast toys.

Gold is sweet!

Hey I have a question...which do you people prefer, the 2004 20th Anniversary Optimus or the 2006 DVD version? Basically a battle damaged 2004 vs a movie painted version (no bd).

08 or 09? somebody please tell me or my brain is gunna pop!

I've been corrected when I called it an '08, so now I just say '09.

But here's the 2008, and here's the 2009. They look identical to me. In fact, it looks like some of the photos are the same, they just Photoshopped in a background.

Hey I have a question...which do you people prefer, the 2004 20th Anniversary Optimus or the 2006 DVD version? Basically a battle damaged 2004 vs a movie painted version (no bd).

2004. By far.

The DVD version's red is a little to orange-y for me and the silver is inferior to the chrome. Usually I wouldn't care, but on a figure that expensive and that boasts of being realistic, I want chrome. There's also the rifle colors. I definitely prefer the black or the gray of the 2004 release to the blue of the 2006 one.

the 08 one looks more like bumblebee, but was it the 09 in the movie?

Seems to be the 2009 Camaro. That's what all the car sites that have an article about the movie say.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Featu...rticleId=121044

Actually, it may be more accurately labeled as just "Camaro Concept" or "5th Generation Camaro," as it's called here and here. It is set to launch in spring 2009, so 2009 Camaro would be correct as well.

It should also be noted that there were two different Concept Camaros built for the movie, and they were slightly different. The differences are mentioned here at a board dedicated to all things Camaro (pages 2 and 3 get into it the most). There is also an article from Hot Rod Magazine posted on page 3 that called Bumblebee the 2009 Camaro.

Also, just try to pin down the year of his original mode. I've found '74, '76 and '77. There was even something calling him the '69 version.

I by no means am a car expert. Hell, I'm the furthest thing from it. So if you don't mind, I'm going to stop researching this before my head explodes :lol:

yea, i know what you mean, how about we just call him the "between 2008 and 2009" concept camaro

Sounds good to me :lol:

I was wondering what everyone who own's one's thoughts on the Re-Issue of Soundwave were. Does he work well with Classics?

He works alright with them. A little tall. There's also a noticeable difference in his aesthetic when compared to the Classics. He's definitely one of the better toys from '84, but his sculpt looks a little simplified when standing next to Megatron or one of the other Classic Decepticons. It's not too bad though, plus you get Laserbeak and Ravage who have got to be two of the best Cassettrons that they ever made.

As for my Classics Soundwave, I've got the TakaraTomy Music Label Soundwave on pre-order. He's a bit better when it comes to size and aesthetics. A giant kick in the wallet though.

I was wondering what everyone who own's one's thoughts on the Re-Issue of Soundwave were. Does he work well with Classics?

It actually looks like the Music Label Soundwave will work with the Classics line much better.

http://www.seibertron.com/forums/viewtopic...=10942&sid=

So I see, but he also costs a hell of a lot more. Ah well.

Titanium soundwave really is not a bad figure at all. His hips get on my nerves, but I try to over look them.

Here's a fix if yall have one and want to try to make it better. http://www.tfmaster.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7752

That robot mode is fantastic. Unfortunately, the cassette player mode suffers for it. Of course, it wasn't the greatest to begin with...

I just picked up the mail and guess what! I had won prizes from the Transform Your Summer contest!

Two boxes, two Pepsi Primes! With the one I bought at Botcon, that's three total! Looks like I don't need to buy birthday presents for awhile (I was going to buy a couple for relatives that collect Pepsi stuff).

I"ve got a question for you Transformers collectors that buy the little Robot Heroes. I bought the Jazz/Thundercracker pack tonight and noticed that Thundercracker only has the Decepticon logo on one of his wings. Starscream and Skywarp have it on both of their wings. If you own a Thundercracker Robot Hero, please let me know if yours has the logo on both wings. I'll have to exchange mine if it's a factory error... Thanks!

I"ve got a question for you Transformers collectors that buy the little Robot Heroes. I bought the Jazz/Thundercracker pack tonight and noticed that Thundercracker only has the Decepticon logo on one of his wings. Starscream and Skywarp have it on both of their wings. If you own a Thundercracker Robot Hero, please let me know if yours has the logo on both wings. I'll have to exchange mine if it's a factory error... Thanks!

Oh dang. Mine's only got one also. Never even looked. :(

Ten, I voted for Shockwave! Soundwave is an automatic shoe in. I figured throw it where it'

s needed.