UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 64: Crouching Minimate, Secret Wars...

Zexion_Armando

I know few here still read Marvel books smile.png, but...

cyxs0nzl9ycwqikcnxsd.png

That is his current look.

Or consider this a Marvel Zombies hat .

Marvel-Zombies-5-Howard-the-Duck.jpg

Those are two artists interpretations of his modern look, hardly definative and definately NOT representative of his long history and most recognizable style.

here are a few more from this " Current look"

54fdf494ee2d4_zpsdwaryb7y.jpg

54fef813559ab_zps8tgwmhax.jpg

confused.gifpoor Howard, a duck deserves better...

4bc3c736da5df_zpsdmgajzyz.jpg

Edited by Mattallica

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know few here still read Marvel books smile.png, but...

cyxs0nzl9ycwqikcnxsd.png

That is his current look.

But take a look at THIS!:

Howard_the_Duck_1_Promo.jpg?w=630&h=0&zc

Howard's getting a new hat!......Personally, I'd have gone with the smaller one, but I'm not too bummed. Also, is there any chance that we're getting his jacket? He looks a bit "unbalanced" without it.

I agree. A jacket would be a great touch. Or that Machine Man on the cover with him.

Or Jocasta from Marvel Zombies. Or Moon Knight. They, uh, both have, uh, suits (?), I guess? All kidding aside, a jacket is needed, without it he looks a bit too unbalanced and "weird". I mean, if you're doing Howard, then you better do him good, since he's pretty much a one-and-done character.

I don't know, man. That new tooling MAY need to get reused to earn its keep

But where else would you put Howard in? Especially with his hat, since in no other appearance does he have such a big fedora. Classic Howard would need a new head and jacket/suit, he can't appear in a Zombies set since he's a hero and he doesn't feature in any other teams. I guess he could be a good pack-in with the Man-Thing, but there's a high chance we'll be getting it in the new Wallgreens wave, so that's out too. I guess you could just repaint him and re-use him in an All-New All-Different Wave if it happens, but to me, he's pretty much a one-and-done character.

Variant covers are rarely canonical and often overly simplified or exaggerated representations of the character.

The interiors and main cover of issIue #1 show him with a regular-sized hat and, frequently, his jacket off.

54fa07aceed22.jpg

779e2872be5ac37703f6c79b62edd320.jpg?h=7

Edited by DSTZach

Variant covers are rarely canonical or often overly simplified or proportionally unrealistic representations of the character.

The interiors and main cover of issue #1 show him with a regular-sized hat and, frequently, his jacket off.

54fa07aceed22.jpg

779e2872be5ac37703f6c79b62edd320.jpg

you'll say anything, the Suydam cover for zombies 5 you posted on the last page IS a variant, yet you used that to prove your

point.

4c3e0e6f2994f_zpsws8bun6g.jpg

Edited by Mattallica

I guess he could be a good pack-in with the Man-Thing, but there's a high chance we'll be getting it in the new Wallgreens wave, so that's out too. I guess you could just repaint him and re-use him in an All-New All-Different Wave if it happens, but to me, he's pretty much a one-and-done character.

Man-Thing will ALSO get reused. Same logic. So those two together make sense. Maybe in a four pack of unusual characters to get us someone ELSE with new tooling. Maybe Man-Thing, Howard, Dr. Bong, and Machine Man or Uatu even.

I'm just stoked we're getting Howard the duck. Regular sized hat or not..hopefully the Walgreens poll gets us a man-thing. Giant sized or not. Everyone is gonna complain about the size of their man-thing. Some want it bigger. Some are happy with it in scale. Female collectors especially, but when they love the man-thing, they won't think the size matters as much. I think it's how you present your man-thing that matters most. Take flattering pictures of him in your displays. Stand him next to Puck, or the kids from Peter Pan. Your man-thing will look much larger by comparison...

I'm drunk...

Edited by Freaqualizer

I guess he could be a good pack-in with the Man-Thing, but there's a high chance we'll be getting it in the new Wallgreens wave, so that's out too. I guess you could just repaint him and re-use him in an All-New All-Different Wave if it happens, but to me, he's pretty much a one-and-done character.
Man-Thing will ALSO get reused. Same

logic. So those two together make sense. Maybe in a four pack of unusual characters to get us someone ELSE with new tooling. Maybe Man-Thing, Howard, Dr. Bong, and Machine Man or Uatu even.

I guess we could get a Howling Commandos sort of 4-pack with monster characters since it's a book now. I wouldn't say no to a Supernatural wave to tell you the truth...

54fa07aceed22.jpg

I'm not sure where everyone else is going with the Howard-hat issue but I'm just intrigued as to why the head is moulded with the hat & there appears to be no offering of an optional head or hairpiece sans hat ?

I couldn't have chosen a better selection of recent Howard art that makes my point ......BTW I didn't choose them .

But where else would you put Howard in? Especially with his hat, since in no other appearance does he have such a big fedora. Classic Howard would need a new head and jacket/suit, he can't appear in a Zombies set since he's a hero and he doesn't feature in any other teams. I guess he could be a good pack-in with the Man-Thing, but there's a high chance we'll be getting it in the new Wallgreens wave, so that's out too. I guess you could just repaint him and re-use him in an All-New All-Different Wave if it happens, but to me, he's pretty much a one-and-done character.

Regards "where else would you put Howard in?" I know this one ....I know this one .....I know I know buttrock.gif

post-638-0-48605600-1436086230_thumb.jpg

post-638-0-23703700-1436086171_thumb.jpg

54fa07aceed22.jpg

I'm not sure where everyone else is going with the Howard-hat issue but I'm just intrigued as to why the head is moulded with the hat & there appears to be no offering of an optional head or hairpiece sans hat ?

I couldn't have chosen a better selection of recent Howard art that makes my point ......BTW I didn't choose them .

Regards "where else would you put Howard in?" I know this one ....I know this one .....I know I know buttrock.gif

te.jpg

Ah, the Defenders. One of the best box sets ever... It's quite a shame that everyone from my set besides Valkyrie got well, "damaged".....Damn QC....

I love that Grunkle Stan’s fez is in this image, they could have just put A fez and had people assume it was a Doctor Who/Indian Jones/the Mummy/whatever-they-go-to-when-they-see-a-random-fez reference, but the fact it’s got the ‘crabclaw’(?) glyph on it means it’s distinctly Grunkle Stan's.

... can we have Grtavity Falls minimates now, please?

(also, dammit autocorrect “grunkle” is too a word quit changing it to ‘granule’, it’s bad enough you keep turning minimate to minimal)

I love that Grunkle Stan’s fez is in this image, they could have just put A fez and had people assume it was a Doctor Who/Indian Jones/the Mummy/whatever-they-go-to-when-they-see-a-random-fez reference, but the fact it’s got the ‘crabclaw’(?) glyph on it means it’s distinctly Grunkle Stan's.

... can we have Grtavity Falls minimates now, please?

(also, dammit autocorrect “grunkle” is too a word quit changing it to ‘granule’, it’s bad enough you keep turning minimate to minimal)

Well, honestly, that I didn't know. Neat easter egg.

Man, this place had a strict dress code. Big hat, no coat, no service. :)

The toy hat size is a comic accuracy issue. The toy hat presence is a licensor requirement. Toy hat policy may differ from specialty market comic book hat policy.

Hope everyone is happy they're getting a Howard the Duck, regardless of hat size or jacket presence. This is only the third Howard toy I know of, and it is I believe the most articulated one. It may also be the most movie-accurate!

Edited by DSTZach

So are theses speciality release or toysrus?

Sorry the wave is only 90% awesome.

Iron Spidey/Spider-Gwen is TRU 21 exclusive.

Howard/Dazzler and Carol/Thor are specialty 64 only.

Ultron/Arno and Logan/Maestro are shared.

From the man himself.