UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Valiant Minimates

Lobsterman

Both Alpha Flight sets were produced at the same time as two different convention exclusives (SDCC and NYCC), so it made sense in that situation to advertise the sister set.

Weren't they both at SDCC, with one at the DST booth and the other at AFX? Not that it matters....

I think BSG helmets would be too clunky. I think an Iron Man helemt sans face plate could work.

I made a custom X-O a few years ago and used an Iron Man helmet. I was happy with how it turned out and would definitely recommend going this route.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRU has free store pickup available on the set, so you can check whether they're in-stock at your store first.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=57537776

In my case, no, so it'll be cheaper to order online than drive 45 minutes to the one that does.

Edit: And shipping is about a dollar cheaper going through TRU's eBay listing than their website.

Edited by toy showdown

Apologies if this was already discussed, but the promotional pic on TRU's website shows X-O with a sculpted helmet. This is not the actual version being sold, correct? Or is this a different 2-pack than the one we saw previously with the tampo'd helmet?

cCKAECt.jpg

So question to anyone who’s found these in stores:

Have you seen them at more than one TRU?

According to the In Store Locator, these have been available at a store about 90 minutes away (that would require commute over a toll bridge) for well over a week but so far none have shown up at any closer stores yet.

I’m worried because it is a sold case of 12 these might be being sent one case per some sort of ‘zone’ and the farthest possible store will be the only one to get these in.

So, I was inspecting the packs that I bought and noticed that one of my XO's has a peg-hole head. The others do not. Has anyone else seen this?

Woohoo! Best news of the day!

PS: It's from DST's FB page. Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/diamondselecttoys/photos/a.220220528022212.60810.170392609671671/926164100761181/?type=1&comment_id=926547214056203&notif_t=photo_reply

Edited by Kostisfire

I knew that we were getting more, I just thought that this meant that we'd be getting those exact characters. The good thing about Valiant, is that you can have a themed 4-pack or 2-pack with most characters. Archer & Armstrong, Quantum & Woody + Goat-Dad, Armor Hunters 4-pack, etc... I just can't wait for more to be revealed, as Valiant is kicking all kinds of ass right know.