UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alien Minimates 35th Anniversary Box Set

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just made the switch to Dana head/hair, and it is such a massive improvement. Hair is a little big, but matches some of the promotional pics she took.

Original sculpt with Dana hair--really not at all clear that this was supposed to be Weaver based on sculpt IMO:

sd7RcEt.jpg

Dana sculpt with Ripley hair. Strangely, some of the likeness gets lost with this sculpt, though Ghostbusters was closer to Aliens in terms of release date than Alien (and this is obviously an Aliens style hairpiece). It almost seems like DST could see into the future, and gave us a younger Weaver years back to use with this figure!:

kleZgTb.jpg

Dana sculpt with Dana hair:

wq5Gfrb.jpg

It almost feels like it was pushed out with parts from another figure or something.

Here's the shot I was thinking of, where the Dana hair works pretty well IMO:

g3Nf8WG.jpg

Kind of wish they didn't paint those ears on, though.

Edited by karamazov80

20150121_181300-1.jpg

Remove the opened jaw, replaced with a closed AlienS jaw?

2qd53xk.png

okay i'm happy with this. biggrin.png

What hair's that? "Ready To Believe" Dana Barrett"? I can't sculpt stuff so existing stuff is my ticket.

I'm loving this line and especially for the first film. I really do hope we get the rest of the Nostromo crew or at the very least, enough of them to build the remaining ones using existing parts.

Not that I don't hope the same with all the Aliens cast. I do. Just... Alien first.

Edited by Mystery Man