UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Alien Minimates 35th Anniversary Box Set

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my "wishlist" for future ALIEN sets, I have a feeling that four sets is not realistic, but I still think the proprty can support it as long as variants of either Ripley or the Alien are included.

Set #2

- Big Chap (variant - closed mouth?)

- Dallas

- Ash

- Lambert

Set #3

- Brett

- Nostromo Escape Ripley (new hair, face tampo - with cat carrier & motion sensor)

- Android Reveal Ash (battle damaged with head hanging over his back)

- Spacesuit Kane (with flashlight and open egg)

Set #4 (Convention Exclusive?)

- Spacesuit Lambert (with sensor)

- Spacesuit Dallas (with winch)

- Spacesuit Ripley (with harpoon gun)

- Big Chap (Variant - Glow in the Dark? Translucent?)

I'd buy every single one of those, but when it comes down to it, one set would finish Alien off perfectly: Dallas, Ash, Lambert, and Brett. Anything else is icing, but some space suit icing would be especially tasty.

RE: Spacesuits - would you guys want to see sculpted add on parts or tampoed bodies?

The suits in the movie were big and bulky. I don't think they'd look good as a regular Minimate body with the suit tampo'd on, not even just thighs and upper arms. I'd like to see top to bottom add on parts, chest cap/helmet combo (removable helmet of course), upper arm caps, gloves, waist/belt, thigh caps, and boots. Do that and I'd buy a case.

Essentially, however Ripley's suit at the end doesn't have the clunky armor at the waist or the light on the top of the helmet.

500px-Alien-space-suit-ripley.jpg

dvd3.jpg

Medicom got these details correct with the Kubrick releases (which I'm repurposing for my current WIP customs), although they didn't get the characters/colors correct, it should be

Kane - Yellow/Gold suit

Dallas - Pink/Red suit

Lambert - Blue/light blue suit

(Thanks for the pix, Corndog!)

500x500.jpg

$_35.JPG

Edited by youbastards

I think the differences come from her suit at the end being an emergency escape suit and the ones earlier in the film are EVA suits. An emergency suit would just need to keep atmosphere and temperature where the EVA suits need more protection from the elements and lights for exploring and such. Just my own theory. In regards to Minimates, I'd be okay with just the EVA type suit which got a lot more significant screen time.