UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pathfinder minimates!-First box set revealed

I just checked my order and it says items processed, awaiting shipment. I haven't received any emails from them yet for a refund or partial refund so I hope that I will get my complete order. Paizo should have offered them to Luke to sell on his site. None of us would of had a problem then!

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just checked my order and it says items processed, awaiting shipment. I haven't received any emails from them yet for a refund or partial refund so I hope that I will get my complete order. Paizo should have offered them to Luke to sell on his site. None of us would of had a problem then!

I agree.

The big question however is why the hell didn't Paizo sell them themselves ?

Paizo seems more on the level with their customers, lots of those game companies are gamers themselves so its not like it is with crapttel and hasblow.

Eric said if they ran out they would just have dst reprint them, so on top of a whole con exclusive wave and 4 promo goblins and a boxset, I really felt like this was going to be a big ongoing thing for a while, but other than the boxset have they said anything about future releases? Nope. So if they decided f*** it on the goblins, then maybe they dont have any further mates planned?

I agree.

The big question however is why the hell didn't Paizo sell them themselves ?

Because Paizo can't even sell their own boxset?

Guys, Paizo is a gaming company. Actually, they are a bunch of gamers who ran a niche magazine and didn't like the direction D&D was going with 5th edition, so they decided to home-brew their own system, which became very popular, which they then decided to take to market. Was it premature for them to try to produce and sell toys if they had limited experience in retail fulfillment? Maybe. Am I grateful that they tried, and it resulted in Minimates? Personally, yes.

I feel like this is taking on the same "this company is terrible and hates the fans and is willfully trying to deceive and screw over collectors" tone we get about DST when they make unpopular decisions. I would venture a guess that, once again, hardcore Minimates collectors were not the primary audience in consideration when Pathfinder Minimates were initiated, when distribution channels were selected, or when marketing decisions were made.

Guys, Paizo is a gaming company. Actually, they are a bunch of gamers who ran a niche magazine and didn't like the direction D&D was going with 5th edition, so they decided to home-brew their own system, which became very popular, which they then decided to take to market. Was it premature for them to try to produce and sell toys if they had limited experience in retail fulfillment? Maybe. Am I grateful that they tried, and it resulted in Minimates? Personally, yes.

I feel like this is taking on the same "this company is terrible and hates the fans and is willfully trying to deceive and screw over collectors" tone we get about DST when they make unpopular decisions. I would venture a guess that, once again, hardcore Minimates collectors were not the primary audience in consideration when Pathfinder Minimates were initiated, when distribution channels were selected, or when marketing decisions were made.

Which makes it even more baffling that they would try to distribute their con-exclusives through a little known MOVIE e-tailer. Unless there is a pathfinder movie?

Any number of things could have happened to result in moviemars getting a stock of goblins. As a gaming company they know that gamers LOVE games with miniatures, and they did really well with the con wave right? So I don't really think there's anything nefarious about whats going on.

Frankly I'm grateful for the parts reuse fantasy minimates we have gotten because of them so far and I've no doubt that the gamers that got free/inexpensive goblins at the con are for the most part hoarding them as fantasy gamers are want to do.

I just hope after this goblin debacle (#funwordstosay) we get more mates, though that is really my hope for everything.

I'm thankful for the ones that I was able to get, at least Paizo offered some of them somewhere other than at the con, which gave some of us at least a chance to get some of them, I don't remember any other place doing that...

Edited by mav-man

they did really well with the con wave right?

If you mean they did well sales-wise, this is all we really have to go by:

The four goblins sold out rapidly at the show, but we sent a full half of our total order direct to the offices for later sale on Paizo.com. The 2-Packs did not sell out, so we have lots of them coming back to the office

The 2 packs have been available on Paizo.Com for months, so I would lean toward either lower than expected sales or higher than normal production numbers.

Regardless of this hassle, I still think the line is great and hope it continues, though with fewer hoops to jump through.

Edited by youbastards

Not that I take your post personally smile.png

Surely most of the recent posts here have revolved around the deficiencies of Movie Mars ?

I did ask the simple question .....which was just that ....a simple question about "why aren't Paizo selling these [promos] themselves? "

I could easily put forward my thoughts on why they didn't "sell them themselves" ............. but what's the point ???? The only people who know is Paizo .....anybody heard from them around here lately ?

Thanks to DHL I can confirm that :

It seems that my mystery consignment from MM has now traveled through the states of North Carolina & Georgia & is now in Kentucky . I'm guessing it must have passed through Tennessee smile.png . Sooooo..... once it gets safely past Indiana &/or Ohio it may well arrive safely at its destination .

German efficiency never ceases to amaze me thumbsup.gif

It seems that my mystery consignment from MM has now traveled through the states of North Carolina & Georgia & is now in Kentucky . I'm guessing it must have passed through Tennessee smile.png . Sooooo..... once it gets safely past Indiana &/or Ohio it may well arrive safely at its destination .

NEWSFLASH : ohmy.png ............DHL (Kentucky) have now ' tendered the item to USPS ' ....that's good news isn't it ? Isn't it ? ermm.gif

NEWSFLASH : ohmy.png ............DHL (Kentucky) have now ' tendered the item to USPS ' ....that's good news isn't it ? Isn't it ? ermm.gif

The same happened to me. Firstly DHL was delivering my items and then when I could not track it, they mysteriously showed up curtosy of Canada Post.

Well, my tracking info from Movie Mars shows my package hasn't shipped, so I called DHL and they confirmed they received notification of the shipment, but it hasn't been picked up yet and told me to contact the shipper.

I called Movie Mars and after 10 minutes of being on hold, I was told that it hasn't shipped yet and I should call back Monday if the order status hasn't changed...

Edited by youbastards

Can't say I'm too worried about this, because I'd even forgotten I'd placed an order with them before y'all started talking about it here. Yesterday I got a notification that half my order was cancelled and refunded... then today I got a shipping notice that seemed to be fully filled. So who knows. Personally, it's not a big deal to me. They were easy to order, and for a good price, and if they have to cancel them it's no big loss.