UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pathfinder minimates!-First box set revealed

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving my munchkin goblin hireling's I ordered (thanks pickle for the heads up), just signed up on Paizo's site and ordered the 2packs. Hope the other goblins get sorted out because they look BAD ASS.

Got my munchkin goblin hireling in the mail the other day as well. He sure is cute and not a bad price.

I just got my two sets from Luke's Toy Store. I think I need to order two more sets as I got four sets of each of the Piazo 2-pack figures.

Sorry to be such a nag but has anybody anywhere got any news on the perhaps mythical mystical promos ?

-robsgoblinsmate

Hey, folks. I'm Erik Mona, publisher at Paizo. I've been working with DST for more than two years to produce Pathfinder Minimates, and I'm thrilled to report that they were a big hit at Gen Con last weekend.

As you know, Diamond will be putting out a 4-figure boxed set in October featuring our signature goblin and three of our iconic hero adventurers. We'd originally hoped to have the set ready for Gen Con in August, when I have 60,000 gamers under one roof hungry for more Pathfinder coolness. Many of our tabletop gamer customers are not aware of Minimates, so it was imperative for me to use the convention as a way to get the word out about the line.

As it happens, I am a Minimates collector myself, so I was able to put together the 12-figure preview using exclusively pieces that DST had already sculpted for other models, since there wasn't time to get new tooling done by August. Luckily, the tooling for the Goblin figure had already been completed, so we were able to use that as the basis for our four goblin repaint promo bagged figures. The four 2-Packs are more or less random selections from our game, based on what looked coolest from Diamond's HUGE storehouse of completed components.

To start: YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET ALL OF THESE MINIMATES!

The four goblins sold out rapidly at the show, but we sent a full half of our total order direct to the offices for later sale on Paizo.com. The 2-Packs did not sell out, so we have lots of them coming back to the office with the rest of our booth and merchandise, winding its way by truck from Indiana to Seattle. It'll likely be a couple of weeks before we sort out everything, put it up on the site, and start selling it. Prices will very likely be $5/each for the bagged goblins and $10/each for the 2-packs. I'll announce them as live on sale in one of my Friday Publisher Preview blogs, very likely two weeks from tomorrow or very shortly thereafter.

As long as you're paying attention around then, I expect we have enough of everything to go around. Our company owners are some of the biggest Star Wars collectors in the world, and they have very strong feelings about getting screwed out of convention exclusives because they couldn't get to a con on a specific day on the other side of the planet. So all of our exclusives WILL appear on our website. I can't promise they'll last there forever, of course, but they will be there.

Here are links to the gallery images of all 8 2-Pack figures:

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lgcy?Friday-Publisher-Preview-Feeling-Iconic

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lgds?Friday-Publisher-Preview-Iconic-Heroes-Return

I'm happy to answer any other questions you guys might have about the Pathfinder figures. I'm really proud of what we were able to put together, and I suspect you guys are really going to dig these!

C'mon Erik you said we'll "be able to get all these minimates" . I appreciate you didn't say ....er...when ....but you mentioned that you " have very strong feelings about getting screwed out of convention exclusives " .

I trusted you Erik.

Well at least the owners have strong feelings about getting screwed out of exclusives. The last blog that mentioned these on the Paizo site said they would end up on the site after sorting them out after GenCon. Its been what 2 months?

Depending on their size I could see it taking a minute to sort through inventory, Flying frog games has lots of products but under 10 people on staff. Not sure about Paizo in that regards, but I would love to hear an update of any kind from Erik on the situation. It makes sense that the Goblin Hireling ended up on Steve Jackson's site since the figure is related to his Munchkin game, but we didn't have a heads up on that and surprises are scary with limited availability.

Just got my two packs in today! I really should have bought more of the Ghoul pack, he's becoming one of my favorites (which is problematic since he's supposed to be turned into Skeletor :) ) The two packs I picked up have a lot of cool parts in them so even if you're not too thrilled with the characters, the parts more than makes up for it.

Got mine in the mail yesterday and I'm seeing why people are saying these are the best mates of the year so far! Ostog has his arm made where he can hold his sword straight out to the side! So many impressive elements here.

One downside, nothing in package to protect them during shipping. Just loose minimates boxes banging into each other inside a bigger box.

post-1733-0-52416300-1418230813_thumb.jp

Edited by arnim zola

• 2 weeks later...

For anybody looking to score those elusive GenCon Pathfinder goblin promo mates, I have good news. Prior to Christmas, I was scouring the internet looking to procure my last 2 promos and I stumbled across www.moviemars.com. Upon doing a search for "minimate" I saw that they had all 4 promo goblins listed as "in stock", but with no pics. I took the plunge and ordered some. Flash forward several weeks (to today) and they actually arrived. So I can confirm MovieMars IS a reputable source to acquire these little guys. All 4 are available (Munchkin, Konkrud, Dogslicer Ale and Preview) for $6.66 each.

Now remember, when you do a search, type minimate and not minimates as the plural will not yield any results for the goblins.

Go get 'em and good luck.

goblins.jpg

For anybody looking to score those elusive GenCon Pathfinder goblin promo mates, I have good news. Prior to Christmas, I was scouring the internet looking to procure my last 2 promos and I stumbled across www.moviemars.com. Upon doing a search for "minimate" I saw that they had all 4 promo goblins listed as "in stock", but with no pics. I took the plunge and ordered some. Flash forward several weeks (to today) and they actually arrived. So I can confirm MovieMars IS a reputable source to acquire these little guys. All 4 are available (Munchkin, Konkrud, Dogslicer Ale and Preview) for $6.66 each.

Now remember, when you do a search, type minimate and not minimates as the plural will not yield any results for the goblins.

Go get 'em and good luck.

goblins.jpg

Thanks for the intel, MM! I had no interest in acquiring these particular promos but if it's this easy, I'm in. thumbsup.gif