UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Sdcc 2013 Exclusives Speculation Thread

Maybe a new Battle Beasts exclusive set? (Sewer Battle Vorin and Powerhouse Zik? tongue.png ) I think the exclusive last year wasn't a great representation of the finished product of Wave 1, so a new Battle Beast set that's more representative of the line might help get some new exposure.

Something is in the works. Not sure if it belongs in this thread, or somewhere else. And it will tie in with something else mentioned in this thread, if it gets approved. According to Zach's conversation with the "wall." It is a very clever idea that I hope sees fruition!

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, so Star Wars is something DST is looking at for Minimates? :P Battle Beasts, maybe some new stuff from Icon Heroes and Marvel. Bring it on.

What if the cast of Star Wars were all animals, and they came to Earth to have their wars there, instead of in the stars?

Also, what if the Empire were all zombies, and nobody had spaceships because the electricity didn't work, and the swords were just regular swords?

Also, what if the cantina aliens were planting eggs in people, and a female Jedi and a team of clone troopers went to Tatooine to see what the hell was going on?

"I learned the hard way that those that loved me the most criticised me the most"

-buttheadsmate

I do on occasion find myself starting to type what basically amounts to "not interested", and then I stop and think, "nobody cares that you're not interested". smile.png

I think BHM has a good point. I know Zach doesn't like negativity and completely understand that. If I were an official rep for a company and people ever demonstrated dislike or disinterest in something we were doing, I would hate it, as well. And that's why those kinds of posts are removed from DST's Facebook, right? Makes sense in that context. But frankly, it represents feelings and opinions of folks who really love Minimates. To me, it's no more or less useful than saying "Oh, I love this! Gonna buy 10 cases!" In either case, we're transmitting opinions as hardcore collectors. So I would not say that no one cares when someone else posts that. It's part of the kinds of conversations we have here, and leads to discussions about why we feel the way we do, what could theoretically be done to change that, etc. Fully understanding that DST has to cater to a broader market than just us, I also think there could be some value there to DST if we share honest opinions that they can better understand. If those opinions aren't always gushing then it's nothing personal. If we keep it to ourselves, then no one knows how we might really feel. Is that preferable? Again, obviously, we're all supporters and collectors of Minimates of some variety or other. But this is a toy message forum, so I think these kinds of posts are totally legitimate.

OOH! Marvel Manga!

ITrJYc4.gif

Edited by karamazov80

^ Yeah, I feel the same way. This is an independent discussion board populated by Minimate fans. We're here because we over all love the product. Some specifics don't suit everyone, but I for one like reading why people don't like a product. Is it failed execution, is it design aesthetic, is it the property represented, is it I've just already got too much of that? I like seeing the many different perspectives here, even if they are different from mine.

Also, what if the cantina aliens were planting eggs in people, and a female Jedi and a team of clone troopers went to Tatooine to see what the hell was going on?

Well, yes, that would be most acceptable.

What if the cast of Star Wars were all animals, and they came to Earth to have their wars there, instead of in the stars?

Also, what if the Empire were all zombies, and nobody had spaceships because the electricity didn't work, and the swords were just regular swords?

I'm getting "the return of DC Comics Minimates" out of all that! bunny.gif

(Of course I'm over-tired and hopped up on caffeine but if you squint hard enough, that's what it looks like.)

I would watch all three of these movies. Especially the last one. teehee.gif

Actually....what about Battle Beast Zombies? A decomposing goat, a bat with destroyed wings, "Eric the 'alf a walrus", ...it would be kinda like BHM's farm after a particularly rough weekend.

"I learned the hard way that those that loved me the most criticised me the most"

-buttheadsmate

Maybe a furry set

Cap-Wolf, Tigra, Squirrel Girl, and Puma

My dream set! I love Cap-Wolf, Tigra and Puma, and I just want Groundhog7s to be happy.

I'm truly touched you care so much. And of course I noticed you didn't say that that set wasn't happening.

Maybe a furry set

My dream set! I love Cap-Wolf, Tigra and Puma, and I just want Groundhog7s to be happy.

I'm truly touched you care so much. And of course I noticed you didn't say that that set wasn't happening.

im trying to figure out why Rocket Raccoon wouldnt be in this set

Maybe a furry set

He's getting his own Through the Ages set.

Maybe a furry set

The only reasons Rocket didn't make the cut are because there are no Now! uniforms and because he needs to be saved for the GotG movie wave, follow up comic Now! wave with classic variant. After all, everyone knows, he's the popular character that will be the selling force of those series.

-buttheadsmate

>I do on occasion find myself starting to type what basically amounts to "not interested", and then I stop and think, "nobody cares that you're not interested". smile.png

I think BHM has a good point. I know Zach doesn't like negativity and completely understand that. If I were an official rep for a company and people ever demonstrated dislike or disinterest in something we were doing, I would hate it, as well. And that's why those kinds of posts are removed from DST's Facebook, right? Makes sense in that context. But frankly, it represents feelings and opinions of folks who really love Minimates. To me, it's no more or less useful than saying "Oh, I love this! Gonna buy 10 cases!" In either case, we're transmitting opinions as hardcore collectors. So I would not say that no one cares when someone else posts that. It's part of the kinds of conversations we have here, and leads to discussions about why we feel the way we do, what could theoretically be done to change that, etc. Fully understanding that DST has to cater to a broader market than just us, I also think there could be some value there to DST if we share honest opinions that they can better understand. If those opinions aren't always gushing then it's nothing personal. If we keep it to ourselves, then no one knows how we might really feel. Is that preferable? Again, obviously, we're all supporters and collectors of Minimates of some variety or other. But this is a toy message forum, so I think these kinds of posts are totally legitimate.

OOH! Marvel Manga!

ITrJYc4.gif

A point well made. I think it is interesting to hear people's views on releases, whether positive or not. Having said that, ironically enough, I always hesitate to be critical of releases that don't really excite me and tend to simply not comment on those occasions. That is really because I don't like to be negative about a toyline that I love, and appreciate that Zach and co work hard on the line and like to feel that their work is appreciated. Also it is only ever character / theme selection that I don't always enthuse over (the quality of the minimates produced these days is invariably awesome) and that is simply something that is down to personal taste, hence why I tend not to say too much on those (relatively rare) occasions.

Anyway, back on main topic, I normally have a reasonable guess in my mind of what upcoming stuff may be, but in this case I am stumped. I'm guessing a marvel set will be the "unique" one Zach alluded to a while back, but if so I've no idea what that may be. I'm kinda hoping with the thor movie approaching and the fact that enchantress got drawn at some point that it might involve her, but as stormbreaker apparently wasn't that successful ( a real shame if so - I wonder if that would've been different if beta ray bill hadn't also been at TRU?) I can only think of some kind of femme fatales set if so but I think that's unlikely. Great to speculate though.

So: The exclusives are

Battle Beasts 2-pack

Walking Dead 4-Pack

Aliens 2-pack (or 4-pack? Even better!)

Plus at least one Marvel pack featuring one Uncanny Avenger

and likely another Thundercat set

Plenty of time for the NOW and movie versions (and hopefully the last incarnation as well) in the coming year with the film being released. In the previous Alpha Flight vein, I'd love a classic Guardians of the Galaxy as a 2-part exclusive:

SDCC 4-pack:
Vance Astro

Martinex

Badoon army builder

Nikki

NYCC 4-pack:
Yondu

Starhawk

Charlie-27

Korvac (machine or god-version)

Or just make one 4-pack and one 2-pack, eliminating Korvac and the Badoon.

Edited by Mystery Man

I think a set of 4 unrelated Marvel mates to compliment existing teams would be awesome and would qualify as unique.

Marvel Girl (yellow mask)

Toad (classic brotherhood)

Rogue (first appearance)

First Class Beast

yeah, X Men themed, but not a single theme they all fit into and they are 4 figures that NEED to be made!

I don't think Zach was criticizing negative comments per se, but the
kind of dismissive comments that don't add anything to the
conversation. It's one thing to say "I don't like that because of X,Y,
and Z", and quite another to just say "not interested". One of the
things I like about our community here is that we're generally
thoughtful and articulate, and our discussions aren't filled with pages
of uniteresting posts... like some boards that will remain nameless.

*cough*Fwoosh*cough*