UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NOW! Thunderbolts: Box Set

Zak Katz

Your only reason to get this set was to get a Punisher look that doesn't belong in this set?

Also, wasn't Best of 2 Punisher black and white? I think that's as classic as we're going to get with the Punisher, so if that's not good enough for you...

He was actually Blue and White, but he is my go-to-punisher. I wasn't expecting to love him the way i do. I assume he was made that way to mimic the way he would have looked in the comics, where blue is used to create definition for characters with black costumes.

Ha! Awesome. Sorry I kept harassing you. Hope we make that Toad soon.

me too!

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry people are disappointed in a set they haven't even seen. Masked Deadpool is overdue, Elektra was ten waves ago, this Punisher is modern with a reversible chest block, and transforming Rulk is the tits. It will sell like gangbusters, making more Minimates possible.

Ugh! What's a guy gotta do to get a definitive classic Punisher in black and white around here? That was my only reason to get this set. You better have some reeeeeally good accessories in this if you're going to keep my interest in this set.

Your only reason to get this set was to get a Punisher look that doesn't belong in this set?

Also, wasn't Best of 2 Punisher black and white? I think that's as classic as we're going to get with the Punisher, so if that's not good enough for you...

Yes,that was my only reason. I'm not a big fan of the newer stuff (Fear Itself, Marvel Now, etc.). I pass on all those unless there are some cool accessories I can put to good use. I already have Rulk, Elektra, and Deadpool so I'm all set there.

No, that Best of Punisher was blue and white and the one before that was black and grey. I've tried to mix and match parts but it doesn't look quite right (that logo on the black and grey one ruins it for me). That Best of Punisher reminds of how he looked on the Spider-Man cartoon from the 90's. That's a little disappointing that there's no plans for a legit classic Punisher. I wouldn't mind a black and white version that included a trench coat and an extra set of arms (coat arms) so you could put his trench coat on him too if you wanted.

That's right, we made BO2 Punisher blue so we could include muscle definition... and because that's how most comic books show black costumes.

BUT this one is actually all-black, with just the red skull (and the white on his back, under the trench). You just need the white boots, gloves and maybe belt? Maybe some non-glossy arms? Maybe this IS the Punisher you're looking for!

Man, if you don't like new stuff, then I apologize for the next however-many series! 51, TRU 16, the movie stuff.... What do we even have coming up that's classic? Hulk TTA has a couple older looks, Wolverine Saga has a couple, Series 50 has a couple, a few of the Wolvie and Thor movie figures could stand in for classic characters... apologies to the old-schoolers!

Apologies. . .begrudgingly accepted.

*slowly extends hand to Zach. Hands are shaken. Head slowly begins to nod in approval*

"I think you'll do fine, Zach. Just fine."

*pats Zack on the back, gives a half smile, then turns and walks out of the high school gym as "Don't Stop Believin'" plays*

Have we seen the Minimate rocket launcher before? With one of the Nick Fury figures maybe? I need one for a Bazooka custom that I'll never get around to attempting to make.

Edited by karamazov80

I can give a katana to Electrasmile.png I'm actually very excited for this set. An updated Rulk will be great and I don't actually own an Electra so this will make me finally get her. DP is always welcome, regardless. Especially with pistols. And Punisher will be wonderful with either side of the chest block. I never really saw this boxset being made(or even the team), though. It's quite cool to see all four in one boxset.

Man, if you don't like new stuff, then I apologize for the next however-many series! 51, TRU 16, the movie stuff.... What do we even have coming up that's classic? Hulk TTA has a couple older looks, Wolverine Saga has a couple, Series 50 has a couple, a few of the Wolvie and Thor movie figures could stand in for classic characters... apologies to the old-schoolers!

thanks.gif

As someone who prefers "classic", DST has earned a lot of good faith with me. I can just look at that complete Alpha Flight we got last year to remind me. My only concern is that the longer we wait, the smaller the fanbase for classic stuff may become. At some point, sales might not justify producing classic any more. Hopefully you guys are looking for ways to get out stuff like Tigra, Mockingbird, Banshee, Sunfire, etc to finish off some core teams for us.

Elektra is essentially the same, so kinda a bummer. The original needed the redo and got it. I would prefer a red/black Venom over another Elektra with a new face/hair. What about a "Just Banged by The Punisher" version of Elektra?

It's too bad the TBolts didn't recruit any Brotherhood members. I read this book, it's okay. The rest of the set sounds great.

That's right, we made BO2 Punisher blue so we could include muscle definition... and because that's how most comic books show black costumes.

BUT this one is actually all-black, with just the red skull (and the white on his back, under the trench). You just need the white boots, gloves and maybe belt? Maybe some non-glossy arms? Maybe this IS the Punisher you're looking for!

Does the Marvel Now Punisher have the same skull design on the chest? If so, I might be able to piece together a definitive classic Punisher then. The rocket launcher may have saved this set for me, haha.

Yeah, not too excited about 51, TRU 16 or the movie stuff but the Hulk set looks good. The Avengers stuff sold well here but there are still a lot of X-Men Movie Minimates clocking the pegs. I remember the Iron Man mates hanging around for a while too unfortunately.

Pretty sure the Punisher's skull is the same as his old skull, it's just red. The white skull on his back is the same shape as his front red skull. (Wait, will we be able to make an Earth X Red Skull now? smile.png We need more Earth X Minimates.)

Rocket launcher came with Avengers movie Nick Fury and (I believe) Best Of 2 Punisher. Is Bazooka finished otherwise? I love Bazooka. "Landmine. I'll disarm it."

X-Men First Class did linger, it's true, but the designs are pretty film-specific and TRU took more than usual, since they were the only ones who had it. And I have never seen an Iron Man 2 Minimate on the pegs, not in the two years I've been here. And that was a line we refreshed with a Series 2 at TRU! So I think we're happy with how they did, and IM3 should hopefully do okay, as well.

Zach, I think the majority of us (even the non-vocal majority sometimes) are thrilled to see new Minimates. Folks may bash a figure or design, but frankly I think most of us are happy to see new stuff. There are things I just don't get excited about (anything "Ultimate"), but seeing new product is great. I think some of these vocal opponents were not around for the huge Minimate drought of the mid 2000's. We didn't even know if the line was going to continue for nearly a year...

Those IM3 Minis are great looking. I was very impressed with them at C2E2.

Im still trying to understand why Scarlet Spider didnt make this team....hes also a villain turned hero and he even has red in the name tongue.png

I'm assuming Agent Venom was chosen over Scarlet Spider because of the military training. This team is started by Ross so everyone on the team has some kind of training.

Has anyone made the white on Agent Venom red?

here you go:

post-6840-0-14308800-1367351145_thumb.jp