NOW! Thunderbolts: Box Set

Zak Katz

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you dont like something,dont look at it/buy it/etc. Move on. Lifes too short to be negative. Worrying is a misuse of the imagination anyway.

So basically, you are calling for the internet to cease to exist? huh.png tongue.png

The Multiverse is not the Internet. It sets a higher standard. In most things it is unimpeachable.

Is Wade's hamburger head's expression funny/happy/ with a smile? Deadpool is one funny dude and we allready got an angry head with the wave 28 deadpool.

Definitely.

Is Wade's hamburger head's expression funny/happy/ with a smile? Deadpool is one funny dude and we allready got an angry head with the wave 28 deadpool.

Hamburger head's always have a Happy Meal smile

Not trying to be snarky/smarmy/criticizey/negative about the set, whatsoever. I'm in, I'll take two.

What's the difference between DP's new costume and the one he wore before the gray X-Force one?

The new one is more of a ketchup colour whilst the other was more of a Hash Brown.

-mcmuffinheadsmate

tumblr_m9uwekzJeB1r3wfa4o1_1280_zpsfaa62

this is Deadpools Now! costume, as you can see, its a bit Moore fantastic than his last wink.png

PS: Any chance of a Psy Deadpool variant down the line? :P

Edited by undeadpool

Not trying to be snarky/smarmy/criticizey/negative about the set, whatsoever. I'm in, I'll take two.

What's the difference between DP's new costume and the one he wore before the gray X-Force one?

EDIT: UDP beat me to it

Edited by Punisher

For those wanting a white-costume Electra, I'm still waiting for an updated First-Appearance Yellow Daredevil. I would love to see a 2-pack of them. (Or better yet a wave with them and Owl and Typhoid Mary, Gladiator, etc)

i'd be up for a Mister Fear and a Purple Man, as well :)

All this hamburger talk I think I'm going to fire up the grill tonight for dinner. Wadeburgers.

I'll take one with extra Wilsonsauce

For those wanting a white-costume Electra, I'm still waiting for an updated First-Appearance Yellow Daredevil. I would love to see a 2-pack of them. (Or better yet a wave with them and Owl and Typhoid Mary, Gladiator, etc)

Or do yellow DD and black elektra (wave 1 throwback) .

i'd be up for a Mister Fear and a Purple Man, as well :)

A thousand times yes.

Gillbob, were you at the panel? Did you say hello? I don't remember meeting you. If I did, I apologize, things were crazy.

I was. No I didn't, so it is I who apologize. You met me briefly last year, but this year I was being a lurker, because I was only there for saturday and my day felt incredibly stretched. So I was out the door near immediately. I only spent like three non-consecutive hours on the actual show floor and didn't see half the panels I wanted to. Things were crazy.

I was the guy near the front row who briefly forgot what he was gonna ask twice, and had a sister falling asleep to my left.

I asked about the Brotherhood. I'm the guy pushing for Toad on the forums. See, it all ties together, lolol...

EDIT:

Also, just wanted to add (seemed silly to make a new post so soon)...

I DO 100%, completely and utterly enjoy new characters FAR more than redos, and would never pretend not to... but I DID see the pictures, and WILL say... all four of these looked like very solid minimates, re-dos or no. Deadpool, Elektra and Red Hulk all looked like definitive, iconic, great versions of themselves. Punisher looked like he would be the same, were his skull white.

While some may be happy with MvC Red Hulk... this one is better, by miles. He looks like Red Hulk. Wheras the MvC3 one looked like a red MvC Green Hulk. I know we'd all love Abomination, but it's still the best Red Hulk yet. I didn't mean to sound like I was tearing him down with my "Don't expect a basic Thunderbolt" comments. I was more trying to illustrate that Thunderbolt won't be what people is expecting, and he's the wrong side of focus if you ask me. Red Hulk is the cooler look, and I'll be keeping mine Red Hulk.

The Deadpool looks like he's going the extra mile a little more than some of the previous ones (like X-Force, or MvC, who were kinda bare-bones Deadpools)...

Punisher is both a new costume, or when swapped to a White Skull, a very nice update on a classic costume. He is trenchcoat Punisher, and we haven't had a new Trenchcoat Punisher since wave nine... of fifty+...

The Elektra, I admit, didn't look much different from the previous one... BUT... I also only got a glance at her. And it has still been 3 years, ish?, and she is still a solid and definitive version of herself. And as was mentioned, she DID have both a bandana and a non-bandana hairpiece, which makes her a bit different.

So while I DO like new characters... I still like this set.

Far more than say... Age of X. Or the Worthy Boxed set. Here we're getting 4 Do overs, but very nice, well done, definitive versions of those do-overs. Rather than... weird, niche costumes from one story that came and went, and only fill out half a team. Punisher's red skull chest not withstanding (but hey, it swaps, so... who's complaining?)

SO YES! Stay positive 'til you've seen them. It's kind-of like 4 "Best Of" figures in a boxed set, instead of a wave if you ask me. And I for one loved both "Best Of" waves. I really like solid updates on definitive looks... in my minimates.

Edited by Gillbob316

i'd be up for a Mister Fear and a Purple Man, as well smile.png

As an avid Daredevil fan, I agree with these ideas 100%. I would kill to see an 80s Typhoid Mary, a 00s Mister Fear, and/or an Owl of any era. And might I humbly add The Jester to that list.

Also I'd like to add Ikari, the newly introduced villain from this month's Daredevil, that would double nicely as a Yellow DD update.

Does Deadpool

still have Hamburger Face? I read not long ago that his face was restored and he was relatively normal (possibly even good) looking

?

Also - hot damn, we need a 90's Siryn minimate wink.png

He got his healing factor (and hamburger face) back at the start of the NOW! relaunch. How is a mystery. He just showed up in the first page slaying a dragon with thor in new york and having his stomach cut open.

Well, it kind of spoils the end of the previous run by Daniel Way but...

...Deadpool lost his healing powers and gained his handsome face when he got shot with a serum to counter his healing factor. Now he is able to be hurt/killed! But then he did a farting joke with a gasoline pump and burned his face in the process, thus, getting his hamburger face again.

Then he realized the serum was temporary, got knocked out, then jump to Deadpool NOW #1 and back to the normal, disfigured, cancerous faced merc.

Anyway, I give this thread back to you hamburglars.

The last Elektra we had was just over 2 years ago...check out the wave 38 thread where I moaned that a 'better' version is not what I ,personally, wanted.

So....2 years on I'll wait & see whether a better better version is actually better.

Allen: regards hamburger puns I've got a great big list ,in fact it is a ......

Whopper

Edited by buttheadsmate

I agree Gilbob, the MvC Red Hulk was far from ideal, but it was a decent place-holder. I love the bulked up Hulks, they're a major improvement, the only problem with them is once you get one you have to replace all the Hulks, haha. I'm really hoping we get a bulked-up Abomination, I'm concerned though that his showing in the fan poll may have prevented that, I just hope DST knows that he didn't win because there were too many other popular characters who haven't ever been made, not because we don't want him.

Edited by Valo487

I still don't understand how Venom can have red and not white...

Duh, he joined the "Wolfpack"

uitTz7z.jpg

Fantastic. Can I demand a Randy Savage mate be included with this set?

Im still trying to understand why Scarlet Spider didnt make this team....hes also a villain turned hero and he even has red in the name tongue.png

I think it's safe to say that the Scarlet Spider is still a fairly unknown quantity at this point in time. In fact, Venom just came to be aware of him during the Minimum Carnage crossover. Definitely worth a read if you haven't done so yet.

Edited by jjwspider

Sorry people are disappointed in a set they haven't even seen. Masked Deadpool is overdue, Elektra was ten waves ago, this Punisher is modern with a reversible chest block, and transforming Rulk is the tits. It will sell like gangbusters, making more Minimates possible.

Ugh! What's a guy gotta do to get a definitive classic Punisher in black and white around here? That was my only reason to get this set. You better have some reeeeeally good accessories in this if you're going to keep my interest in this set.

This set sound pretty good to me. I missed out on the 2nd red hulk, so a good one is long overdue for me. I'm looking forward to the new Punisher, and I don't mind the Electra though I'm sure I could have lived without her. I can always use another Deadpool as well. I didn't much care for the MvC one, and I haven't picked up the best of version yet.

Sorry people are disappointed in a set they haven't even seen. Masked Deadpool is overdue, Elektra was ten waves ago, this Punisher is modern with a reversible chest block, and transforming Rulk is the tits. It will sell like gangbusters, making more Minimates possible.

Ugh! What's a guy gotta do to get a definitive classic Punisher in black and white around here? That was my only reason to get this set. You better have some reeeeeally good accessories in this if you're going to keep my interest in this set.

the chest block is red but it's reversible so u can have his black and white look.

I've always liked the reversible heads and this is a pretty cool addition.

Edited by kaipo

Your only reason to get this set was to get a Punisher look that doesn't belong in this set?

Also, wasn't Best of 2 Punisher black and white? I think that's as classic as we're going to get with the Punisher, so if that's not good enough for you...

I was the guy near the front row who briefly forgot what he was gonna ask twice, and had a sister falling asleep to my left.

Ha! Awesome. Sorry I kept harassing you. Hope we make that Toad soon.