UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair 2013 Minimate News

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tmnt could be a possibillity. They took photos of everything except that side. It's right next to dst's Star Wars stuff so it can't be a nearby booth since no space exist between them. If I recall they didn't announce every new licence to us before a certin event. So my guess is that they announced some new stuff to keep fans glued to the screen but from nowhere tmnt mates will pop up! If you think about it they have really been boosting the turtles. They have toys for the show,the classic series and this concept art is based on the idw comic. Maybe with the ghostbusters revival dst used the idw comic as the source material and took the rights for tmnt too. That or I'm reading waaaaaaayyyyy too much into it.

If you look closely in one of the photos the dc symbol can be seen. Dc minimates are back! And yes,this is sarcasm.

If you look closely in one of the photos the dc symbol can be seen. Dc minimates are back! And yes,this is sarcasm.

No, that's just a new line of Washington D.C. political minimates! With power Ties! Wonder if they have one in cornflower blue?

Edited by monkeycrumb

From dst fb page:

Tmnt is a diamond product but not minimates and it's still in works

Aliens are not approved yet so no pics

I guess we'll see pics of everything since neither tomb raider is approved but we still saw pics. Bummer about tmnt though I hope whatever they're doing will mak minimates a reality. No comment about ghostbusters. Oh well,I guess we'll see in a couple of hours.

There's another Glen... In a TRU wave. tongue.png

This seems like a bit of a nut punch. Was that a demand by TRU, knowing he's a sought-after character that would drive traffic? I mean, I guess it's kind of funny that there will be two versions of that character a lot of people will never be able to get.

Re: Ghostbusters.

All Zach said was "Make more room" as I recall in reference to someone's GB display. I'm pretty sure he was referring to the Ghostbusters firehouse rather than more Minimates.

Some new concept art was seen and since the firehouse has been announced for so long I doubt Zach would just drop by the Minimate thread and drop a cryptic "make more room" line referring to the fire house which is not in scale with minimates either way.

There's another Glen... In a TRU wave. tongue.png

This seems like a bit of a nut punch. Was that a demand by TRU, knowing he's a sought-after character that would drive traffic? I mean, I guess it's kind of funny that there will be two versions of that character a lot of people will never be able to get.

I am not laughing at people who don't have one. I'm laughing at the irony. It's kinda sad, but hilarious. Cause if you don't laugh, you'll go mad.

uh Hello people, that one Tomb Raider villain has a TWO-FACE face!

Sauron looks wonderful, All this Walking Dead is very exciting! Where's the alternate face for Gov?

Why is the Hulk wearing a chastity belt?

When I saw two face bloke I thought of this guy from walking dead

http://www.floridageekscene.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/wd98.jpg

Also conspicuously absent: Battle Beasts.

Yes, that's true. You'd think they'd at least have the current series out in hopes of drawing some orders. Of course, we've only seen one gallery, and AFI just might have not shot them since they're not new, and they do seem to have some packages on display. But yes, no new protos or control art... not good.sad.png

here are some nice pics from ASM biggrin.png

close ups of Pathfinder

DSC06643_zpscabd05bd.jpg

looks like they changed the Tombraider set up

DSC06645_zps4879da80.jpg

LOVE the new Wolverine mask

DSC06662_zps44d4c43f.jpg

I can not get over how amazing this Ironman looks

DSC06663_zpsc77a4fc5.jpg

close up of Captain America and Scarlet Witch

DSC06664_zps649ff4cb.jpg

close up of Hulk