UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Restored "the Wolverine" movie mate speculation thread. Now w/ added "Days of Future Present"

Mirymate

We also have to cut DST some slack on any movie 'mates for a movie produced by Fox. Fox seems unable to get a movie done without waiting until the last minute on every single aspect. I'm convinced one day I'll buy a ticket for an X-Men movie and the manager of the movie theater will come out and say they haven't received the film reels from Fox yet.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am very excited for the movie, and the Mates, and have trimmed my Hobo Wolverine chops down to acceptable Tokyo societal standards in celebration.

Hey Zach, you know that CM Punk looks just like you now, right? Well, save for the tattoos.

I basically judge movie waves on two things: can anyone pass for the MU version, and will these make for good custom fodder. Nay on the former, yay on the latter, so I guess it's a wash.

We also have to cut DST some slack on any movie 'mates for a movie produced by Fox. Fox seems unable to get a movie done without waiting until the last minute on every single aspect. I'm convinced one day I'll buy a ticket for an X-Men movie and the manager of the movie theater will come out and say they haven't received the film reels from Fox yet.

I think that because of their agreements with Marvel, Fox and Sony have to produce films within a certain frame of time or the rights revert back to Marvel. I know that was the case with The Amazing Spider-Man, which went into production just in time after Spider-Man 4 was nixed. Consequently movies like First Class get fast-tracked and post-production changes can happen right up to a few days before the film's release.

Marvel Studios (and WB, for that matter) has a greater luxury of time.

Back in MY day we had to wait until AFTER the movie was out before we got toys, but that has its advantages, too.

However, I can't help but look at these and think of Luke who contributed to Digger's Kickstarter in order to get the Agent 88 Black Ninjas, just to have Wolverine's Black Ninjas show up at LCS and TRU, most likely before Luke gets his from Digger...

sad.png

I was thinking the same. Luke's is a more classic ninja where these are kind of... biker gang ninjas, I guess? But, yeah, I hope it doesn't throw cold water on your exclusive, Luke.

All the faces look really good in both waves. It's a movie so I'm not expecting comic versions of characters.

These mates are all a welcome addition. Shingen looks great!

I see swords and a bow and arrow. Alternate head for Viper. What other accessories might we see?

At the very least, this adds some diversity to our civilian ranks...

I think the female characters all look awesome. I'll admit i was hoping to see a Green jumpsuit Viper with long hair & Silver Samurai... Maybe even a Flashback-Famke... But it's still a pretty good series.

Viper and Ponytail Yukio are my faves i think.

I was thinking the same. Luke's is a more classic ninja where these are kind of... biker gang ninjas, I guess? But, yeah, I hope it doesn't throw cold water on your exclusive, Luke.

I wonder if there might be a generic looking ninja gi tampo on the torso block?

Either way, I see a lot of civilian type of bodies and I like it :) Pretty soon I should be able to have a full board room of executives (now if only I had bought some of those "The Cubes" sets from years back)

Some Trask Sentinel stuff!

Linkage

Is this reference material available early enough? Can we get minimates? i've just had my first coffee and i'm a bit edgey and overly excited for the prospect of DOFP minimates. EXCITEMENT!