UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor 2 coming Nov 2013, Will we get minimates?

monkeycrumb

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to know the definite line-up of the TRU Wave. Zach originally said the exclusives would be Fandral/Hogun and Odin/Frigga, but then said there was a line-up change and we haven't heard more. I know he said that Darcy was in this wave too, is that her in the SDCC pix?

I'd really be surprised if we got another Odin with Frigga, it would seem to make more sense to have a Jane Foster in there somewhere, ideally replacing Odin and being paired with Frigga, but would TRU go for that?

Edited by youbastards

I'd like to know the definite line-up of the TRU Wave. Zach originally said the exclusives would be Fandral/Hogun and Odin/Frigga, but then said there was a line-up change and we haven't heard more. I know he said that Darcy was in this wave too, is that her in the SDCC pix?

I'd really be surprised if we got another Odin with Frigga, it would seem to make more sense to have a Jane Foster in there somewhere, ideally replacing Odin and being paired with Frigga, but would TRU go for that?

Ultimately it's in the hands of the gods..........the one tru gods.yucky.gif

As good as DST are, I'm not sure they have what it takes to capture the gloriousness of Kat Deenings in just two inches of plastic.

Neither could they Emma stone. Or Natalie portman. Or gwyneth paltrow:(

Cobie and scarlett were spot on though.

FUTRU.gif

Seriously...that's all I can muster right now...

Any chance you would be willing to share the designs for the 'mates that didn't make the cut? Poor Fandral & Hogun...

Zach, is there anything that can be done to save the 4 TRU exclusive characters? A Specialty boxset, alternate Retailer Exclusive, Kickstarter campaign.....anything at all?

Edited by youbastards

Can't say I'm completely surprised. They still seem to have plenty of sets from the first movie hanging around, and if everybody remembers, they were clearanced relatively quickly. Of course, they are also still swimming in Hasbro Iron Man 2 toys, but that doesn't seem to have stopped them from ordering those terrible little IM3 things, soooo....

Not great news as thor is the one line of movie 'mates that I really like and I think they are the most visually interesting. However, at least the lcs wave looks excellent and I guess this just means we will get a comic based warriors 3 to make up for it...whistling.gif

I guess the chick with the glasses was chosen as the variant because very few will care to own a figure of her, but dang. . .to get her and Selvig 2.0 over the missing Warriors is a bummer.

DST had the lines planned for both LCS and TRU back in April, see Zach's statement below, but it appears TRU backed out last minute? I don't fault DST for the LCS line-up at all, they probably thought the remaining Warriors would be a bigger draw at TRU.

Fandral/Hogun and Frigga/Odin at TRU. Yes, Thor/Malekith and Loki/Heimdal will be shared, although The Thor set may be slightly more weighted at TRU.

And only TRU's indifference to DoFP can doom it. Without their support, I doubt we would pursue it just for specialty, but who knows. Also, XMFC is still on the pegs, and they still want Wolverine, so I wouldn't dispair just yet.