UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor 2 coming Nov 2013, Will we get minimates?

monkeycrumb

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and his name doesn't even appear on the poster.

I see his name on the poster...

Not with big letters in the top though.

I think if Eccleston was worried about being recognized, he wouldn't have signed to be in a movie where he's virtually unrecognizable.

I'm not saying that he needs the fame, i'm just saying that when you play the big bad of the movie you expect to be amongst the big names in a poster.

Gone in 60 seconds was a big movie

Sure but not "I'm playing a Supervillain in a summer block buster (Sort of) that's riding of the heels of the Avengers!" type of big. I mean, when you are the main bad you expect yourself to be on the poster.

Helmsworth and Hiddleston were made stars by Thor 1 and Avengers so their return will make fans excited.

Hopkins and Portman are bankable stars which makes other people excited.

Ecleston is a character actor, and while I argue there is no better actor then the character actor, they sever as the pickles to the sandwich. Which is an incredibly apt analogy I think. You don’t expect someone to say “this is a ham, cheese, pickles, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce sandwich” No you say “this is a Ham and Cheese sandwich" and that’s usually enough, if someone ask “what else is on it?” then you say “pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, and mustard” and then it’s like “ooooh, sounds good! I liked pickles in that one season of doctor who!” and like pickles on a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich it’s most obvious when a character actor is misused in a role they’re clearly better then.... but hey, pickle’s kids were fans of PB&J and they offered him a lot of money, so he couldn’t turn it down even though he knew it would be bad.

Basically Thor 2 is a cuban sandwich... Chris Helmsworth is the shredded pork, Natalie Portman is the swiss cheese, Tom Hiddleston is the ham (I mean, did ya see the SDCC footage! HA! this guy!), and Anthony Hopkins is the classically trained panini-style seared bread... yeah, there’s also a pickle that’s a big part of the sandwhich (until it’s revealed pickle is actually a pawn controlled by dijon mustard spread, the sandwich’s true real and more important condiment as is the common twist with ALL sandwiches these days to the point it’s becoming ridiculous) but you’re not gonna order a cuban because it’s got a pickle on it.

Gone in 60 seconds was a big movie

Sure but not "I'm playing a Supervillain in a summer block buster (Sort of) that's riding of the heels of the Avengers!" type of big. I mean, when you are the main bad you expect yourself to be on the poster.

Helmsworth and Hiddleston were made stars by Thor 1 and Avengers so their return will make fans excited.

Hopkins and Portman are bankable stars which makes other people excited.

Ecleston is a character actor, and while I argue there is no better actor then the character actor, they sever as the pickles to the sandwich. Which is an incredibly apt analogy I think. You don’t expect someone to say “this is a ham, cheese, pickles, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce sandwich” No you say “this is a Ham and Cheese sandwich" and that’s usually enough, if someone ask “what else is on it?” then you say “pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo, and mustard” and then it’s like “ooooh, sounds good! I liked pickles in that one season of doctor who!” and like pickles on a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich it’s most obvious when a character actor is misused in a role they’re clearly better then.... but hey, pickle’s kids were fans of PB&J and they offered him a lot of money, so he couldn’t turn it down even though he knew it would be bad.

Basically Thor 2 is a cuban sandwich... Chris Helmsworth is the shredded pork, Natalie Portman is the swiss cheese, Tom Hiddleston is the ham (I mean, did ya see the SDCC footage! HA! this guy!), and Anthony Hopkins is the classically trained panini-style seared bread... yeah, there’s also a pickle that’s a big part of the sandwhich (until it’s revealed pickle is actually a pawn controlled by dijon mustard spread, the sandwich’s true real and more important condiment as is the common twist with ALL sandwiches these days to the point it’s becoming ridiculous) but you’re not gonna order a cuban because it’s got a pickle on it.

I really liked the sandwich analogy and yeah, i get your point.

and his name doesn't even appear on the poster.

I see his name on the poster...

Not with big letters in the top though.

I guess I missed the definition of "appear" that includes "big letters on the top" in it. Maybe that's in the Greek dictionary...tongue.png

Seeing the new Thor 2 trailer makes me think that TRU is missing the boat by not having a wave for this movie. The trailer looks epic, a friend of mine who didn't care for the first Thor movie said the new trailer has him very excited to see it.

• 2 weeks later...