UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor 2 coming Nov 2013, Will we get minimates?

monkeycrumb

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame Hasbro. It was Hasbro's poor distribution on their Thor line, I am sure, that caused TRU to limit investment on Thor 2. Unfortunately they do not realize that Minimates > (anything Hasbro) and Minimate distribution is fair and balanced.

Please release a 4-pack DST! Or, better, a 6 pack: Thor, Hogun, Fandral, Frigga, Armored Natalie Portman, and Odin or an additional Dark Elf. :beg: :please:

Personally, I'd prefer comic accurate versions of the Warriors Three. Here's how to make it happen: Thor 2 blows away the box office. Stores sell out of understocked Thor toys. Thor 3 goes into works. DST makes comic set to compliment Thor 3 release.

Simple.

That's a bummer - i was actually looking forward to Frigga more than anyone else. Warriors 3 would have been nice too.

Can they change the LCS line-up? or.... they've been solicited, so there's no going back?

Can they change the LCS line-up? or.... they've been solicited, so there's no going back?

If pre-orders for the current assortment warrant it, DST could certainly replace figures with whatever has been approved and is ready for production. I doubt retailers and consumers would have much trouble with having characters that look cooler than Selvig and Darcy (and another Loki, for that matter). That said, one of the reasons I love Minimates is because they offer characters like Darcy at all.

I know Loki's a big deal (my daughter's got a huge crush on him) so maybe it's time for DST to consider doing a "Best of" series for Marvel movies. That would allow new collectors to play catch-up on repeat supporting characters while freeing up space in movie assortments for cool, new ones. (Terrible idea, I know. Just spit-ballin'.)

If pre-orders for the current assortment warrant it, DST could certainly replace figures with whatever has been approved and is ready for production. I doubt retailers and consumers would have much trouble with having characters that look cooler than Selvig and Darcy (and another Loki, for that matter). That said, one of the reasons I love Minimates is because they offer characters like Darcy at all.

I know Loki's a big deal (my daughter's got a huge crush on him) so maybe it's time for DST to consider doing a "Best of" series for Marvel movies. That would allow new collectors to play catch-up on repeat supporting characters while freeing up space in movie assortments for cool, new ones. (Terrible idea, I know. Just spit-ballin'.)

I took it from Zach that this is it, game, set, and match. Also they said that they only have the licenses for movies for a year so I don't know how a Best of would work.

As did I. Perhaps Selvig plays a bigger role in this film, than he did in the last & therefore warrants a figure... but even if he does, i'd much rather have had Frigga or Asgardian Jane

Edited by Nessex

That just shows me links to view past ask DST's

I also want to ask where's Carl :(

Edited by Zak Katz

Just over from the ArtAsylum logo are the words 'Quetion? Ask DST!'.... click on that and the AskDST option will drop down.

There is no direct link, as the function does not have it's own page.

No Fandral or Hogun... again. But another Selvig and a Darcy. There are no words. None. None to describe the complete and utter disappointment here. Definitely none that are family-friendly at least...

What about a contact for TRU? If they backed out, maybe they need to hear the vocal Minimate backers?

To whom it may concern,

As a long-time supporter of the Minimates toyline, I was disappointed to learn that Toys R Us won't be carrying a line of Thor: The Dark World Minimates. There are several characters that were set to be exclusives to the Toys R Us wave, but those exclusive characters most likely won't be produced now.

I'm writing to ask that Toys R Us please reconsider carrying Thor: The Dark World Minimates by Diamond Select Toys. The film doesn't release until November, so there is still time to make this line happen.

Thank you for taking the time to read this request.

TRU doesn't even post pictures of their items (minimates) and also don't post information on what each item is. Having said that I'm surprised they messaged you back YB

Wow. Crap. I totally missed this bit of news until today.

TRU - passing on Thor 2, Battle Beasts, what's next?

Hasbro is already doing a smaller assortment for Thor 2. TRU already knew how their sales were from the first Thor, so it's incredibly crappy of them to bail at the last minute like this! DST would have surely planned differently had they know they could only get one wave of 8 out. I'm even sadder now that the Warriors 2 2-pack never came out for Barnes & Noble a few years back, now they've been cancelled twice!

Now do we need to worry about X-Men DOFP due to First Class clearance sales?

One thing TRU fails to realize about Thor is that he's now more well-known due to Avengers than his first movie.

Zach, any chance of salvaging these mates? NYCC exclusive or box set? There will be a Thor 3, so there's another shot at the last 2 Warriors, but what about Kurse? I'd assume he's exclusive to this movie. Damn, this is such a disappointment!

Also, Zach, since TRU is skipping Thor 2, are they substituting another line in it's place? Or is there just one less release at TRU this year?