UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

I'd be keen if we got to see some of the more outrageously decorated armours, even if thy are kitbashed out of DST's existing parts library.

Things like the Disco/Chameleon Suit, Jack/Radiation Suit, Peacemaker/Riot-Control Suit, Gemini/Sub-Orbital Suit etc... The brighter the colours, the better. I'd love to see some more diversity in the IM movie ranges, especially now that we've seen the Skeleton armour & the Iron Patriot suit.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wth..... is that a legit tony???

post-7370-0-38597800-1370565322_thumb.jp

Well, if that is the box set figure.... then the scene probably isn't the final battle (unfortunately)

In the final battle Tony is wearing the white AIM shirt/tank top under a black long sleeve.

ya im pretty much expecting this set to be an Ironman appreciation set with

Tony

Pepper

Mark 1-7 and 42

I actually wouldnt mind this, I think all of the armors (cept maybe MK7 and MK1) are kinda out of date compared to 42

if its any new armors though, i'd be very happy with that too

I do think we need a killian, we really dont have a villain without him or a full savin

ya im pretty much expecting this set to be an Ironman appreciation set with

Tony

Pepper

Mark 1-7 and 42

I actually wouldnt mind this, I think all of the armors (cept maybe MK7 and MK1) are kinda out of date compared to 42

if its any new armors though, i'd be very happy with that too

I do think we need a killian, we really dont have a villain without him or a full savin

I'll pass on 10 figures I already own, I think that would be like the two Avengers box sets alienating sales from was it 44? I hope that it's not figures we already have. Besides Mark 1 2 and 3 look good outdated, it's like they progressively get better...

So we shouldn't expect 1/10th of the armors yet we already have better than 1/10th.. Zach, you teaser!

I really wouldn't mind repaints of stuff as a 'tribute' to iron man movies.. just like the War Machine armor that wasn't exactly in the movie, I was still very happy to get it. Repainting the TRU Hulkbuster would be amahzing.. but seriously, I will buy every repaint, new paint, mix and match sculpts.. I'll take it all!!!

theres no chance this is a Ironman-Friends and Foes set for the entire trilogy is there?

Tony

Ironman armor (any armor really)

Pepper

Killian

Mark 2 Whiplash

New Iron Monger

maybe Coulson, Savin, Justin Hammer (in a different suit) and maybe a hologram of one of the armors? (meaning a translucent mate)

just spit balling at this point

Edited by undeadpool

theres no chance this is a Ironman-Friends and Foes set for the entire trilogy is there?

Tony

Ironman armor (any armor really)

Pepper

Killian

Mark 2 Whiplash

New Iron Monger

maybe Coulson, Savin, Justin Hammer (in a different suit) and maybe a hologram of one of the armors? (meaning a translucent mate)

just spit balling at this point

Got it

Yes please

Got it

It'd be nice but I doubt it

Don't have the license

Got it/Don't have the license

Got it/Don't have the license/Peg warmer

Got it

Got it/Don't have the license/won't reissue a chase figure.

So most likely not. sad.png

As for the 1/10th of the armors, we can rule out 1-7 (as they're new molds) Heart breaker, SS, Skeleton and 42. That leaves 31 possible armors. That means essentially, at most, according to a literal interpretation of Zach's statement, we're getting 3 new IM armors.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

the 1/10th comment was from before the TRU armors were announced.

and I was pretty sure that was the Lagneto variant and not Magnetoki. but I could be wrong

either way, I'm most excited for the blue brick accessory with the hand crafted "3"!

Most of the new armors are completely new sculpts, so that limits the number we can include in a wave or box set, and makes a dump pretty much impossible. Don't expect to see all 35.

I notice you didn't say "don't expect to see even half of them." Does this mean we will see between 17 and 34 of them woot.giftongue.png

Don't expect to see even 1/10th of them.

This convo took place before the TRU sets were revealed, but after we'd revealed the Mark 42. We revealed three of the new armors, and 3 is less than 3.4. Prophecy fulfilled.

Again, my intention was not to increase expectations. Everybody seems to be managing theirs, for the most part. Sorry if the set is not anyone's cup of tea. It will not "alienate" sales of any sets, not two months after the regular assortment came out. Besides, only two of the figures are variations of our IM3 figures; the rest are characters/armors that did not appear in the regular assortment.

Just to be perfectly clear:

There are currently no DC Comics characters slotted for this boxed set but it's still a possibility, yes?

And the chances of getting a Tony Stark in C-3PO armor are good, right?

And why does my coffee taste like cough syrup? Do I even drink coffee?

Okay, so let's get the obvious ones out of the way first:

fig0262flg.jpg

fig0270flg.jpg

fig0287flg.jpg

fig0300flg.jpg

fig0452flg.jpg

fig0162flg.jpg

All repainted in signature Iron Man colors, of course.

(Hail, Ivan!)

Oh, and Power Girl is an easy substitute for a Princess Leia who would make a great, non-included Pepper in sports bra.

(Why is all the rum gone?)

My head hurts...I bet Shockini collectors don't have to deal with these kinds of issues....

Ahh...the simple carefree life of a Shockini collector....not having to worry about things like exclusives, variants, short packs, product licenses....only having to decide which one of the six different Shockinis you want to play with today...

shockini_1.jpg

Edited by youbastards

For everyone's reading pleasure:

Most of the new armors are completely new sculpts, so that limits the number we can include in a wave or box set, and makes a dump pretty much impossible. Don't expect to see all 35.

I notice you didn't say "don't expect to see even half of them." Does this mean we will see between 17 and 34 of them woot.giftongue.png

Don't expect to see even 1/10th of them.

I had to dig in this thread for that hint.

Sorry, Zach. That was a comment, not a hint. And that was before I heard you "talking to the wall" at C2E2.

I believe my hint had something to do with a character we did get with the IM3 mates.

:D

And just so we're clear, I fully intend to pick up at least 3 of this set, possibly more!

EDIT: Misplaced response. It wound up in the quoted area.

Edited by Onyx_6