UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Zach.. with the special extended box set coming in July.. when can we start playing the "hints" game or shadowed control art or something? As the movie is approaching 1.2 billion in gross sales.. my desire for more movie minimates continues to grow. :)

I know, I know.. patience is a virtue.. but when it comes to Iron Man Movie Minimates, my patience is crap. sick.gifironman2.gif

Also, youbastards, have you thought of releasing your own customs box set? tongue.png Really fine work man.

the box set hints so far.

(at least) 4 armors

Tony & Pepper

Scene specific

Out in July and announced before then.

I don't think Zach will mind me saying that at least 4 of the below pictured armors will be in the extended box set. yes.gif Keep on guessing, guys! wink.png

ALL THE ARMORS! Start the Customizing and/or Begging

42837857320645604672654.jpg
39303957320647271339111.jpg
42838557320641938006321.jpg
92319957320641271339712.jpg
52480557320639271339910.jpg
93502257320634938007018.jpg
94731957320633604673815.jpg
11798573206292713409281.jpg
31631657320628604674314.jpg
93565657320628938007616.jpg

And I still am hoping for a TRU wave 2. PLEASE!

Tony and Pepper are both in the box set.

Should be out in July.

Another tidbit about the box set?

It is somewhat scene specific.

Set will be announced before it is available, don't worry.

Don't forget this hint Zach dropped.

So, no Pepper in armor. How about the sports bra version? Army build the females? Pleeeeeease?

We're working on a Pepper, and she may come with armor of sorts, but sorry, no sports bra. And no more army builders planned for this flick.

Pepper and Tony really only appear in the film together in 2 major scenes, the attack on Stark's mansion and the final battle at the pier.

Zach's hint of 'no sports bra' seems to narrow down the scene.

Don't forget this hint Zach dropped.

So, no Pepper in armor. How about the sports bra version? Army build the females? Pleeeeeease?

We're working on a Pepper, and she may come with armor of sorts, but sorry, no sports bra. And no more army builders planned for this flick.

Pepper and Tony really only appear in the film together in 2 major scenes, the attack on Stark's mansion and the final battle at the pier.

Zach's hint of 'no sports bra' seems to narrow down the scene.

This is interesting. if it is indeed based on one of these two scenes, I will try to speculate and see which seems more likely.

1) Mansion Attack

• None of the new armors appear in the opening mansion scene (that are clearly visible. When the 42 goes into the floor you can see lights from some of the others, I know). The four armors that would be in both the above photo and the scene itself are Mark 5, 6, 7, and 42. But we already have versions of these.

• Tony in this scene is wearing the black shirt and headset. We already have this figure as well (the TRU "Suit Up" Tony).

• This would leave Pepper as the only completely new figure (somewhat, if you don't include the two versions we have of her already). She'd be wearing her white office clothes, and maybe come with "armor of sorts." This makes sense since she briefly dons the Mark 42 and saves Tony.

• In order to give variations to the armors and Tony we already have, they could simply be made "Battle Damaged". This makes sense for Tony and for the Mark 42. However, for the Mark 5, 6, and 7, it does not. They literally explode, so they're never really seen in a "damaged" state.

• Now to the other characters in the scene. We've got Savin the helicopter pilot (I'm pretty sure it was him), and Maya Hansen. We already have Maya, and I think it's safe to say she's not an important enough character to warrant two variations. We've got the Savin head, which is cool, but why would DST go out of there way to include the head with Iron Patriot if a separate figure was planned?

Possible Lineups within Guidelines (Mansion Attack Scene, 4 Armors, Tony, and Pepper)

Lineup 1: A six-piece set based on the mansion attack scene could look like this. It concurs with all the hints and is the most conservative idea.

• Mark 5

• Mark 6

• Mark 7

• Battle Damaged Mark 42

• Battle Damaged Tony

• Pepper (White Dress with Armor Pieces)

Lineup 2: A Hall of Armor boxset is another possibility and has previously been speculated about. The lineup for a neat 10-pack could include:

• Mark 1-7

• Battle Damaged Mark 42

• Battle Damaged Tony

• Pepper

Honorable Mentions:

• Pilot Savin

• Maya Hansen

2) Final Battle/Iron Legion

• This scene features the orgy of armors known as the Iron Legion. To pick any four from the above photo that would make great figures is a very easy task.

• Tony and Pepper also appear in this scene, obviously. A good sign: Tony isn't wearing the "Suit Up" outfit in this scene.

• However, the bad sign: Pepper is in the sports bra in this scene, and Zach said, no sports bra. However... Zach stated no sports bra while they were "working on a Pepper." She was not confirmed to appear until over two weeks later. Very slight possibility there could be a change during that time, but not likely.

• Compromise: Pepper has some sort of other clothing instead of the sports bra. Does not really fit well into the scene at all, even if she was fully clothed early on (I don't remember).

• Other characters to appear in the scene: Extremis Killian, Green Shirt Rhodey, the President.

Possible Lineups within Guidelines (Final Battle Scene, 4 Armors, Tony, and Pepper)

Lineup 1: The six-piece set based on the final battle. Not having a sports bra on Pepper makes this pretty iffy. The four armors are just ones I picked based on appearance in the film. The choices don't matter too much, just the fact that we will get four new suits in this hypothetical box set is enough.

• Shotgun

• Red Snapper

• Igor

• Gemini

• Final Battle Tony

• Final Battle Pepper (Clothed)

Lineup 2: If the first scene can have a 10-pack then I say why not this one. This is loosely based on the fact that Onyx said "at least" four of the armors. And it's totally bending the rules on the sports bra Pepper (as is the first lineup)

• Shotgun

• Red Snapper

• Igor

• Gemini

• Nightclub

• Thumper

• Final Battle Tony

• Final Battle Pepper

• Final Battle Killian

• Green Shirt Rhodey

Honorable Mentions:

• The President

• Savin

Conclusion

These are my estimates/guesses based on all the hints so far. There are the extremely conservative to the extremely outlandish. For me, I am rooting for the Final Battle scene, and one big reason for me to believe in this scene is the abundance of new characters, and the fact that the lineup is STILL hidden, weeks after the movie and two waves of minimates releases. There are obviously some major spoilers that come with making toys based on the climax of the film, and to not announce them until well after the movie has been released makes a ton of sense.

I wrote this up just to spur discussion and more speculation, and maybe to see if Zach will drop another hint smile.png Feel free to discuss until we know the real thing!

Edited by kaipo

Remember also that Zach said they would be making less than 10% of the armors in the movie all said and done... not so sure we should be expecting a set with multiple armors. Maybe one more?

Pepper, Tony, The Killian with the Dragon Tattoo, and Igor? Kids buy toys of armors, but this movie was not at all about showing off armors; they were really a minor plot point compared with the characters. The character selection DST went with in the LCS wave really leans toward the civilian cast, and I suspect any IM box set will, too.

Edited by Lobsterman

Remember also that Zach said they would be making less than 10% of the armors in the movie all said and done... not so sure we should be expecting a set with multiple armors. Maybe one more?

Pepper, Tony, The Killian with the Dragon Tattoo, and Igor? Kids buy toys of armors, but this movie was not at all about showing off armors; they were really a minor plot point compared with the characters. The character selection DST went with in the LCS wave really leans toward the civilian cast, and I suspect any IM box set will, too.

I'm skeptical about the 10% number. This is already not true if you include Iron Patriot. (10% of 42 being 4.2, and we have 5: Mark 42, Heartbreaker, Skeleton, Silver Centurion, Iron Patriot). If you don't include him, it is still true, but Onyx said that at least four more armors are included.

Which would make the less than 10% number not true as well.

Also it's been called an "extended" box set, which would make sense if it included more than 4 figures.

Youbastards, you've customized my dreams. Maybe the way around having either just work clothes or sports bra Pepper could be the Extremis procedure. All hooked up and such. At least, I hope she comes with an extremis-ed head. My vote is also for the final battle. While the mandarin mate we got was wonderful, EVEN with knowing how off the wall that version of mandarin was compared to comics...I was still sort of "Hmm. We're missing the villain." about the LCS wave. I'm going to be shocked if we don't get some other form of Aldrich. I'm hoping it isn't a 1999 boxset, UNLESS Happy gets his facial hair.

After the way the movie's plot turned out, I really hope we get a Killian that reflects his actual character. And I hope DST makes new hairpieces for guys with shoulder-length hair, they always seem to give them a short hair piece instead.

This could be an armor-less non-scene specific civilian box set to round out the wave.

• Mechanic Tony

• Extremis Pepper sans bra (bow chicka wow wow)

• Final Battle Killian

• Trevor The Mandarin Drunk

• Harley the Little Kid

• Green Shirt Rhodey

probably just as likely as the Iron Legion 10-pack.

And I hope DST makes new hairpieces for guys with shoulder-length hair, they always seem to give them a short hair piece instead.

I was chatting with Zach the other day, and mentioned that it was too bad we didn't get the Killian hair from the design sheet:

a23c36df8af56f4b957dbe458b5de0d6.jpg

He suggested the hairpiece from SFxT Steve might be the same piece:

e595d6cae45c5874eb007bcbb6eaf0fc.jpg

6fbd08b4986b9a43b918734c54eef1bf.jpg

I tried it on Killian, but it was slightly too big. If the piece was 10% smaller, it would work great.

I am very enjoying the guesses! Interesting :)

I will say this: I gave one more hint. Somewhere. :D

For everyone's reading pleasure:

Most of the new armors are completely new sculpts, so that limits the number we can include in a wave or box set, and makes a dump pretty much impossible. Don't expect to see all 35.

I notice you didn't say "don't expect to see even half of them." Does this mean we will see between 17 and 34 of them woot.giftongue.png

Don't expect to see even 1/10th of them.

I had to dig in this thread for that hint.

Why do I get the feeling we're going to get repaints of armors we've already got?

I think DST's going to get tricky and use existing parts to create reasonable facsimiles of designs briefly glimpsed in the movie at best.

It worked alright for the Bones armor. I think you could kitbash/repaint a lot of the previous armor releases we've seen (IM, War Machine, and Hammer Drones) and get fairly close to a number of the 35 new armors. And again, that's assuming we're getting any more new armors, my skepticism of which is reinforced by Zach's above comment.