UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach, can we at least find out which retailer will be carrying this box set? That, right now, is more of a concerning an intriguing aspect to me even than what is in the set.

Only because I know the set will kick Extrem-ass! :P

This mystery "extended" set may be all kinds of awesome or it might suck.

If it's all new armors, that's cool with me. I'll buy it.

If it's all old armors, that's cool, too. New collectors can catch up and my wallet can take a breather.

But if it's a mix... dry.png

You'll be cool with it.

I keep thinking back to this gem Zach dropped regarding the box set. I think we still have hope for more new armors.

I know this does not jive with the 1/10 comment, unless 42 isn't the highest we Tony goes in the film....

Zach, can we at least find out which retailer will be carrying this box set? That, right now, is more of a concerning an intriguing aspect to me even than what is in the set.

Did I say it would be a retailer exclusive? I forget.

And Amy at DST HQ also fell victim to the Database's tricks. She actually couldn't answer a couple of them, and asked me to let Ivan know she was not a robot.

This put a big smile on my face. I hope you asked her why she wasn't helping the tortoise in the desert.

Did I say it would be a retailer exclusive? I forget.

I thought you said something about your 1800th post would be the box set reveal... :)

(worth a try)

And Amy at DST HQ also fell victim to the Database's tricks. She actually couldn't answer a couple of them, and asked me to let Ivan know she was not a robot.

This put a big smile on my face. I hope you asked her why she wasn't helping the tortoise in the desert.

What's a tortoise?

And it looks like Minimates have staked out their own corner of that Marvel display at the Times Square TRU!

516329a7abf08.jpg

Is that a current photo? If it is, looks like that TRU has a lot of peg warmers (Thor movie wave? Galactus 4-pack? - haven't seen those in a while)

Is that a current photo? If it is, looks like that TRU has a lot of peg warmers (Thor movie wave? Galactus 4-pack? - haven't seen those in a while)

The Times Square Toys "R" Us moves a lot of product, and they don't discount right away -- it's a big place, they need to keep it full -- so if something isn't a quick seller, you can tell by how they pile up there. Thor was not a movie kids embraced wholeheartedly, and the Sif/Volstagg set didn't move as well as the others -- this is why we USUALLY shy away from putting women at TRU (and should do it more often). It's also proof that not every TRU two-pack is a sell-out, very hard-to-find set (at least, not everywhere).

The Galactus set, I'm not sure how many they ordered, but as cool as that set is, and as happy as we were with how it came out, you can see that a set with no A-list characters in it is going to have trouble selling at TRU. And Galactus is a fairly recognizable dude.

Somewhere around 1986 to 1988, I had the opportunity to buy FF 48 through 50 for $8 each. Sadly, it was too much for my allowance to handle at the time. Near mint first appearances of Galactus and the Silver Surfer! Old enough to know their worth, too young to afford it!

So Zach, are we going to see less female characters at TRU? I loved the Mirage & Magma 2pack and I assumed they were doing well enough being sold out on their website, along with Boom Boom.

Kids these days....I knew galactus at 7 years old.

I played football with him when he was 8 years old .

He devoured the ball .

Ol' world eater. Quite a poor sport.

Somewhere around 1986 to 1988, I had the opportunity to buy FF 48 through 50 for $8 each. Sadly, it was too much for my allowance to handle at the time. Near mint first appearances of Galactus and the Silver Surfer! Old enough to know their worth, too young to afford it!

So Zach, are we going to see less female characters at TRU? I loved the Mirage & Magma 2pack and I assumed they were doing well enough being sold out on their website, along with Boom Boom.

Well, the debate over the short pack model on TRU.com rages on, since we have yet to see a short pack NOT sell out online. Marvel is perhaps less susceptible to this ruling than other lines, but female civilians are certainly an ongoing concern. I will offer up Series 48/TRU 16, Series 49/Iron Man 3, TWD Series 4, and all of MvC and SFxT as examples.

And Galactus is a fairly recognizable dude.

He's a lot more recognizable when he's taller than two inches high. dry.png

Sorry. Still pining for a big-ass Galactus bank ala the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. Bygones.

There is the Galactus Maximate. That's taller than two inches.

I'll attempt to be serious about Female Minimates ,so no mass debating ...........

Two of my all time Top 20 Minimates would include Valkyrie & Wonder Woman & it is amazing how well both stand up to scrutiny some 6 years after each was produced . I love minimates & I love sex..... I'm probably unusual in not requiring the internet for the latter tongue.png . Sexiness is perhaps lacking in many female minimates,this is probably healthy for the target audience which sadly isn't most of us here .

The average male will 'check out' a female in the manner males do .....I shan't elaborate too much because Dino's monitor has just been cleaned.......& unfortunately too many female Minimates appear to have big arses & fat legs when they're wearing a formal skirt or dress . I give you Mary Jane who looks like this in the comics......

post-638-0-94011400-1365689276_thumb.jpg

.......I swear I'd have married her in the day ,she's just gorgeous .

Her Minimate appears to have eaten most of the pies

post-638-0-89027900-1365689492_thumb.jpg

That is an extreme example but the hip-heaviness that is inherent in the Minimate design just doesn't help at times.

So what shall I say about female breasts on Minimates ? There are some beauties but they are almost universally painted wink.png & to my mind the ones that succeed the best are where the design of the costume accentuates the breasts. Most superheroines' costumes accentuate the breasts but this is a 'no go' with many civilians & that's perhaps why they often don't appeal . That is perhaps the most simplistic & sexist thing I have ever written but I believe it to be true.

Edited by buttheadsmate

I'll attempt to be serious about Female Minimates ,so no mass debating ...........

Two of my all time Top 20 Minimates would include Valkyrie & Wonder Woman & it is amazing how well both stand up to scrutiny some 6 years after each was produced . I love minimates & I love sex..... I'm probably unusual in not requiring the internet for the latter tongue.png . Sexiness is perhaps lacking in many female minimates,this is probably healthy for the target audience which sadly isn't most of us here .

The average male will 'check out' a female in the manner males do .....I shan't elaborate too much because Dino's monitor has just been cleaned.......& unfortunately too many female Minimates appear to have big arses & fat legs when they're wearing a formal skirt or dress . I give you Mary Jane who looks like this in the comics......

attachicon.gif250px-Mary_Jane_Watson.jpg

.......I swear I'd have married her in the day ,she's just gorgeous .

Her Minimate appears to have eaten most of the pies

That is an extreme example but the hip-heaviness that is inherent in the Minimate design just doesn't help at times.

So what shall I say about female breasts on Minimates ? There are some beauties but they are almost universally painted wink.png & to my mind the ones that succeed the best are where the design of the costume accentuates the breasts. Most superheroines' costumes accentuate the breasts but this is a 'no go' with many civilians & that's perhaps why they often don't appeal . That is perhaps the most simplistic & sexist thing I have ever written but I believe it to be true.

Or perhaps small boys who buy these sets in TRU just think girls are gross?

T.