UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is there a james rhodes head next to Iron Patriot... what's under the helmet?

Also why is there 2 helmets with Iron Man bottom left?

I'm guessing the one under the helmet has the peg hole and the extra one doesn't?

I think these look awesome, but....

No stands or display bases? The trays look a little bare, IMO.

Still cannot wait to get these!

I think these look awesome, but....

No stands or display bases? The trays look a little bare, IMO.

Still cannot wait to get these!

the control art showed the clear stands...

When you have all that armor it takes up the cost of parts, therefor no accessories. He at least comes with hair!

I agree with that assessment & some of the paintwork on these look superb & thereby an expensive part of the budget .....give me detailed paintwork rather than an accessory any day. I think we all realise these days that .....for example....we wouldn't have gotten a fantastic Minimate such as Hulkbuster who 'dripped' with paint & sculpted parts.... without getting Gamma Hulk who was...er....less fantastic. I'm not however knocking ol' Green Jello I just accept the logic of why we didn't get Mega Rage (for example) in that pack.

When you have all that armor it takes up the cost of parts, therefor no accessories. He at least comes with hair!

I agree with that assessment & some of the paintwork on these look superb & thereby an expensive part of the budget .....give me detailed paintwork rather than an accessory any day. I think we all realise these days that .....for example....we wouldn't have gotten a fantastic Minimate such as Hulkbuster who 'dripped' with paint & sculpted parts.... without getting Gamma Hulk who was...er....less fantastic. I'm not however knocking ol' Green Jello I just accept the logic of why we didn't get Mega Rage (for example) in that pack.

good point. Hope we get bulked-up gamma hulk one day!

The next gamma Hulk we get should be glow in the dark also. Just saying.

Back on topic, does anyone else expect these to sell-out at TRU like Avengers did? There seems to be a lot of hype for this movie with a disappointing showing from Hasbro. I know they overdid it with IM2, but what they're offering just seems very lackluster. You mix that with awesome awesome character selection and execution and lower price point and I think Minimates will be the toy of choice at TRU this time.

Not sure if these will be quite as popular as Avengers 'mates, but don't expect to see them clogging pegs either.

I just read a brief synopsis of the suits from someone that saw a midnight screening (Philappines), and I found this piece of info interesting:

"Other than I think a very quick IM2 clip of the old WM being flashed in a news report, we don't see any Silver-Black WM at all."

If that is true, seems a bit like a waste, that Minimate spot could have been used by another armor. Not blaming DST at all, I'm sure it was Marvel/Disney making those decisions, as the new design for War machine (rectangular reactor) is showing up in all of the other toy lines.

Edited by youbastards

I think the accessories are average.

- All of the Tony armors come with removable helmets and hair pieces. Most have different faces. The Mark 42 has the second helmet with face plate.

- WM/IP's mini-gun is removable, and there is a second head.

- Tony Stark comes with removable boots and gauntlets

- Cowboy Tony has a removable hat and extra arms to remove the coat.

- Maya has a purse.

- Aldrich has that bangin' necktie.

- Extremis Soldier has second hair piece, removable vest and pistol with holster

- Mandarin has an optional beard and a pistol.

Oh, and they all come with small clear bases. They're behind each figure.