UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm starting to get Wolverine burnout I have to have that Space Wolverine. From a custom stand point alone the gold armor parts are a must have but it looks like the space helmet is likely going to be transparent and is meant to fit onto the armor over the short mask. I guess the big question, however, should be if the Gaijin 3 Wolverine has two left feet like Akuma.

So, some random thoughts and tidbits to pass on:

-You've seen the Hulk and Wolverine sets. Both were pitched to a large retailer that has carried Minimate in the recent past, but they said no thanks, so now they'll be solicited through Diamond. Chuck told me that they did a whole bunch of designs for a particular Disney property, but then DIsney decided they didn't want to push that property. I'm not sure if I can say what it was, but OH MY GOD THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN THE COOLEST MINIMATES EVER.

I'm guessing that retailer was The Disney Store?

I would also love to know what the unmade Disney property was. Maybe then we could write Disney and beg them to make them?

And PLEASE ask them about the future of Universal Monsters!

-The Minimate-only display is actually a separate room off the floor. Zach was setting up several display cases with a smattering of Minimates past and present. The most notable thing there is a Spidey MAX prototype, from Chuck's personal collection. Can't say I'd seen one of those before.

I'd be grateful to see some pictures from that display ......I'm also grateful hellpop for all your great news .I'm seeing some lovely 'mates in other shots .......esp.the Hulks which are looking a lot better than earlier renditions. :biggrin:

Glad they're trying another shot at the "Ben Grimm inside Thing" approach for Wave 15. This is also the first time I want all the figs in a TRU wave, so nice one. The Wolverine boxset is also meh to me (much like my opinion of Wolverine in general ;)). Disappointed there is no sign of Street Fighter x Tekken Wave 3. Battle Beasts look good but I can't say they appeal to me.

-Chuck told me that DST's license isn't just for the Walking Dead, but for the whole of Robert Kirkman's Image properties. So they could do Invincible, Firebreather, Battle Pope... I told him to do Invincible.

I'd love Invincible figures! Firebreather isn't Kirkman's though, Astounding Wolf-Man is. I'd be excited to see any of his other properties in Minimates though!

Boyd, I'll be sure to tell Zach you suggested that.

I'll try and ask about the future of Universal Monsters. I suspect that it's too early to tell about SFvT. And I'm not going to be around after today, I'm not going to be attending the panel.sad.gif

Thanks to Luke for the picture link and hellpop for the awesome info! :thumbsup:

Don't know why but it seems harder to find news/images from this con than usual. Anyway, very impressed by most of the marvel stuff! The more I see of the accessories/extras with wave 48 the more I like it - and I liked it a lot to start with!! Also pleased by TRU wave 15. Although they were the worst kept minimate secret in a looong time I especially like firelord and airwalker, and although I've not seen a very good picture of them yet I'm well pleased to see annihilus in there, and that human torch looks like he may be the best yet! :)

The strange tales boxset probably remains the highlight for me of what we have coming up, while the hulk set looks cool. The only thing that I'm not personaly excited by is another wolvie through the ages set, but I get it, he's popular and has a movie next year, so I'm pleased for those who like him. Hoping we will see the final line-up of the AvX TRU set at the panel and maybe designs for wave 50.