UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Strange Tales Box Set

DSTZach

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn Zach - this IS exciting. I can't wait for these. I'm really loving these obscure-ish sets that have been released recently.

Between Alpha Flight, Heralds & Strange Tales, we've been seeing some really great B-list characters get recognised.

Keep up the good work DST :thumbsup:

Wow guys...

I haven't been THIS amazed with a box set release in a LONG time... At least not a Marvel set. Like seriously last time I was this enthusiastic for a set it was... Somewhere around Champions or The Infinity Gauntlet. Bang up job guys this is amazing.

[applause]

This set should be getting revealed over at comicvine.com any second now, but here's your first look!

strangetalesbacks.jpg

So we've all seen the Comicvine unveil with the photoshopped faces, when do we get to see the front view of the prototypes you showcased in post #1 Zach?

Strange Tales is a complete WIN! Keeping with the monster theme of this set, DST could re-use Morbius' bat wing accessories for a future release of...

Baron Blood.

baronbl1.jpg

Tell me you guys wouldn't want him as part as a complimentary TRU 2-pack.

Good call, especially if he was packed with Spitfire. So we could complete the Invaders.

I stay away from the board a week and when i come back i see THIS!!!! So these are the friends of ghost rider you told us back in the wave 50 thread,right?

they are all connected to Ghost Rider if loosely as they have all been part of the group Midnight Sons, but these are the characters more classic or iconic look then what was seen in the Sons series.

My gosh, Im a Sorcerer Supreme fan and when I saw this I was like, BOOM! Okay now Ive got to get this set along with the SDCC 4 pack w/ the X-men...hey Zach will these be Toys'R'Us exclusives?

After a deep journey into my soul i can say that i'm officially back and here to stay! For those wondering what the hell this means: I was thinking about dropping minimates and doing lego films (it is quite expensive buying both lego sets and minimates) but after much thought i decided to keep collecting minimates and buying only the lego sets without the figs.Now what the heck this has to do with the monsters set?These mates and my packages arrival made me decide.Keep on releasing awesome stuff DST!!!!

My gosh, Im a Sorcerer Supreme fan and when I saw this I was like, BOOM! Okay now Ive got to get this set along with the SDCC 4 pack w/ the X-men...hey Zach will these be Toys'R'Us exclusives?

No, they're being solicited in Previews, which means they'll be available to all comic shops and specialty stores in the US and Canada (and, I believe, Central/South America, but still not Europe). So pre-order the set with Luke or AFX or EE or BBTS or your nearest LCS (http://www.comicshoplocator.com). Item number is OCT121574, SRP is 19.99.

Kostisfire: Yes.

Mini-Myte: They're a little decal-y, but sure, why not. FOR YOU GUYS.

strangeproto.jpg

morbiusproto.jpg

wwbnbladeprotos.jpg

:jawdrop: Dr strange:I have the first one but this one is so awesome! I don't know how you can improve one of the best mates out there!

Disco Blade (yes i know it's fa blade): I never really cared for the particular design but he still is awesome.Also removable stakes!!

Morbius:Now that's what i'm talking about! Morbius sure is getting more and more popular! New ongoing series,a minimate,the only way to top that would be to appear in tasm2.Possible if you ask me.

Werewolf by night:I didn't like the um wolfman so i'm very happy to get my favorite monster in an awesome design and a new horror marvel character.