UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Strange Tales Box Set

DSTZach

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the elderly guy was the current Shaman, I think the "Canadian Spider-Man" was Stingray, and I think an Infinity War set without Doppleganger would be the worst idea in the history of everything ever.

I'd throw in Quasar, grey jumpsuit Black Widow, and Magus to round out the set?

I agree with your pics. So many characters and variations from this story, but your pics are strong enough to build a decent set, IMO.

I'd like a modern Strange costume, or masked Strange, or even that Strange where he wore a long jacket. Question is where we'd work him in.

Doctor Strange Through the Ages... wink.png

profess.gif Yeah, it would be a nice set, IMO.

Stingray/Machine Man 2-pack, please. Or, you could package Stingray with Nighthawk, and put Machine Man with Jocasta for that wave. I won't complain if you do.

Machine Man would be a great Minimate, but an engineering feat if done well, IMO.

Ah, the original Weapon Omega! Of course!

Strong Guy represent!

Obviously I want strong guy. But why he's on this cover, I do not know. X Factor had next to nothing to do with this story. Besides, Guido WILL be in the 90s X Factor wave that WILL happen. Even if they're the last Minimates ever...

I think that Weapon Omega was Wild Child from Omega Flight; they were attempting to make him AF's answer to Wolverine and Sabretooth.

Infinity War set has to have the Magus (since he's the main villain) and Quasar. Magus should come with an extra Afro hairpiece to make the '70s version.

Oh yeah, afro is a must. I'm only familiar with Wild Child from the Byrne Alpha Flight days (when I think he was in Omega Flight), but he always did strike me as a poor man's Sabretooth.

Thanks Shane!

Quasar would get a reissued Ultimate Nullifier.

Black Widow would have a female cut of the Avengers jacket and some swanky 90s hair.

That leaves Doppleganger, who should come with some modified web accessories or something.

And Magus gets the Gauntlet and afro. Boom.

I've no real love for cosmic Marvel, but for Doppleganger and Black Widow, I'd buy this set in a heartbeat.

• 4 weeks later...

necro post... didn't see if anyone asked for this, but in the future, Zach, if we ever get another Dr. Strange, could we maybe get an alternate leg piece where he is sitting in lotus position? with a hole in the bottom for a flight stand?

Something like this?

140530_picardFront.lg.jpg

I decided to just make the hip piece and use the standard legs.

140530_picardSide.lg.jpg

It took a few iterations to find the right range of movement.

140530_hipProgression.lg.jpg

The ugliest one on the far right is what ended up working.