UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers vs. X-Men SDCC set

sha_ckwave

I noticed no thread for this set... only a dedicated SDCC thread in another topic/forum.

9669bcbc-4833-4336-89fe-b548eca44084.jpg

I need some loose images because I'm on the fence on picking this one up.

Anyone got any?

Also, AFX has them, Luke's is backordered? and as far as I can tell BBTS hasn't gotten theirs yet. So what gives on availability?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas - i am currently in Berlin without my toys, otherwise i would happily oblige. i might be able to get at them tonight tonight to take some pics.

In the meantime, Zach has posted some loose pics on Facebook.

Does anyone know if that opic blast piece works with other cyclops or is it one piece.

Edited by Scorpion

Does anyone know if that opic blast piece works with other cyclops or is it one piece.

It's one solid piece. Take care putting it on Cyclops though as it is an extremely tight fit. Mine wouldn't come off after it went on, so Scott took a trip to the freezer and "voila", it came right off.

Anybody else notice that Colossus' chest tampo does not line up with the sculpts in his chest? I thought this was a fluke, but both of mine and the one Zach snapped pics of look like this, so I guess it must be wide spread. Can anybody else confirm this?

I'd snap pics, but they became custom fodder almost immediately. I bought the set so that I could put Hope's jetpack on my Adam Strange custom, and that's just what I did. Colossus' head went to upgrade my Captain Atom, and Emma Frost? Well Emma's legs went to this guy:

Pr2.jpg

That's right, Prez! The lamest character in comics history! Take that, Emma Frost fans!:P

*ahem*

Anyway... it's a nice set, if you like these guys. Cyke's extra mask is very cool, though I agree that it's very tight. When I put mine on the figure, I expected to struggle to get it off, but I ended up not having a problem. Haven't noticed the Colossus thing, as I barely looked at the figure. It's really the extras that sold this set to me, and I hope a classic Cyclops with the blasting mask isn't too far down the road.

My set arrived last week, Colossus came with a broken knee joint, very disappointing. Emailed Customer Service at end of last week, no response yet.

The paint job on each of the mates was impressive. I need a new lower torso or right leg piece to make mr rasputin whole again.

I got my AvX set today from Luke's store (Thanks Luke!). I love them! I'm really hoping for all the Phoenix 5 to be made at some point down the line. AvX got me back into reading comics on a regular basis, so much so that my wife thought our itunes account was hacked due to the bill from the Marvel Comics app. :)

@Zach: The hole on Hope's poncho/cape is large enough to hold her rifle. The rifle peg is the same size as the jet pack peg.

The jet pack has a hole opposite the peg, which is not large enough to hold the rifle. The hand gun Hope comes with has a hole too, not a peg, to fit on her leg holster. Trying the jet pack hole on a Cap shield holder, the hole is too small. At least when trying the holder on Bucky Cap. I wonder what the future will hold for this piece....

With Bucky Cap I shield harness

IMG_20120805_111918.jpg

IMG_20120805_112014.jpg

Pretty awesome. Unfortunately, that harness isn't compatible with the SHIELD agent straps. And I just noticed Colossus' bad paint alignment. Not as bad as CW Iron Man, but still pretty bad.