UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers vs. X-Men SDCC set

sha_ckwave

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you please take a picture of the paint on Colossus chest? I was really looking forward to him, is this on the majority of them?

Alas - i am currently in Berlin without my toys, otherwise i would happily oblige.

You are/were in Berlin? Cool! :)

Indeed i was. I made the big trip out to SDCC this year & decided i had to knock a couple of other places off my 'must see' list. Berlin has been No 1 for a loooooong time. Outside of the madness that is SDCC, i think it has been my favourite place to visit in all my travels so far.

Oh I'm cool with that. I thought the printing was off centered, but then again I don't have him in front of me. I have an Iron Patriot who's looking left when his head is straight, so is my MvC Iron Man. Thanks for taking the picture for me.

I tried it with the Bucky Cap from the Heroic Age box set. I guess I will have to find a different one. Thanks for the awesome pics!

With Bucky Cap I shield harness

IMG_20120805_111918.jpg

IMG_20120805_112014.jpg

Pretty awesome. Unfortunately, that harness isn't compatible with the SHIELD agent straps.

Edited by Onyx_6

Yeah, I couldn't get it to fit on the Wave 44 Cap harness, so I guess the smallest margin makes a difference.

No problem taking the picture, zakkatz. The misalignment isn't a deal breaker, but it's always disappointing knowing DST could have done better.

Call me Zak, yeah I understand where your coming from, and I believe that if your going to sculpt pecks on the chest piece you might as well outline them....

I'd love to see an episode of How it's Made coving Minimates to see how everything comes together

anyone else missing tampo's on Hope?

fromt right and back left boots dont have the wrapping tampo they are just plain brown also both inner legs but unsure if inners have a tampo.

Sorry camera phone is only camera I got

post-179-0-07088100-1344445226_thumb.jpg

Edited by MiniFiend UK

Hard to get a good pic, but in this one I think you can see how the lines aren't even close to sculpted area on the chest.

Turtle, are the lines perhaps there so they meet the edge of the helmet? what does he look like with his wok on?

I can post a pic of Wokhead later today, but the lines I was talking about are the bottom of his huge pectoral muscles. The lines are a few centimeters below the sculpted part so they don't match up. I had to kind of take a picture from the side because the sculpt detailing was getting washed out by the flash. Yes, that's right, I was flashing Colossus to get a pic of his chest after I got his wok off.

Edited by Turtle

Hard to get a good pic, but in this one I think you can see how the lines aren't even close to sculpted area on the chest. IMG_20120805_130755.jpg

I was wondering the same thing about the chest tampo not lining up with the sculpted muscles and I think it's safe to say it's like that on all of them. Everyone I've seen in hand (and pics of others) do not line up. Boo to that as it is a beautiful mate with a distracting flaw.

Yikes. I'm reminded how some folks might make fine illustrators but not very good costume designers.

That Scarlet Witch design is almost okay. The closure on the hip is fine but the opening needs to travel across to her right shoulder to create that deep neckline. And that footwear looks like it goes all the way up. I'd either give her spats or a boot cut lower than the knee. No sense in thigh-highs if they're covered by that long coat. Same with those gloves sewn into the sleeves. Why does she even need gloves? Is she hiding a secret identity? If she's cold then she's gonna need a scarf.

Okay. I'll suspend my disbelief now.

I'm glad Havok's getting a redesign as I'm not crazy about his current look. I think this one would look better if the head gear were raised off of the mask, even if only slightly. This one goes a lot further in capturing the simplicity of his classic costume. Rogue to me is the best "redesign" of the bunch, and that says something.

sorry to hear about ever ones Qc issues on this set. I live mine. some of my favorite mates if the year. my only complaint is Cyclops loose shin guards, but even still he's amazing. Emma is absolutely perfect.

Colossonaught is great, I can see room for improvement/reinterpretation, but that's true for most mates.

Hope is pretty perfect too.

I long for more modern (San Fran era) X-

Men.

Hehe. Great review that pretty much sums up my feelings. Overall, this is a great set. Cyclops, Emma, and Hope are about as good as they could get. Colossus was so close, too, but that paint alignment is annoying. (I noticed you mentioned that Colossus doesn't come with a hair piece. It's worth mentioning that he's bald now and so shouldn't come with a hairpiece.)