UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers vs. X-Men SDCC set

sha_ckwave

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed you mentioned that Colossus doesn't come with a hair piece. It's worth mentioning that he's bald now and so shouldn't come with a hairpiece.

I so need to catch up on the whole "Fear Itself" arc. I jumped back in at the tail end of AvX so seeing Colossus in his Phoenix Five outfit I missed out on the bald look. Guess no hair helped keep that helmet from itching.

Is it silly to hope for an NYCC exclusive AvX set? Maybe some Avengers this time – say, current costume Hawkeye, Beast, Iron Fist, and Red Hulk?

I don't know, maybe that's silly. Man, I feel like a spoiled brat this year. So much Minimate goodness, and I just want more... :sweat:

So...when are these going to show up online again? All I see is pre-orders for this set and I'd like to get it mainly for the Emma Frost and Hope Summers.

I believe Luke said he was going to get more in stock, so he'd be the best option. But if you can't wait then there's also an ebay seller (redford-films) that I got one from for $20 shipped with a best offer. You could always try a lower offer and see if it's accepted. Apparently they have a ton in-stock.

To my surprise, i found this and the Walking Dead set at my LCS today. Very fun find, and i simply adore this set.

Until just now when i noticed my Emma, the main reason i bought the set, has her one purple eyelid halfway down her eye and therefore is makeupless on half her face. I hadn't noticed this in the store, which i find ironic because of the two sets they had i looked them over thoroughly to make sure the Emmas were good. It's not a dramatic issue, but it's the fact that now i *know* she's messed up and my OCD is killing me.

Still love the figure, and the rest of the set is pretty fantastic (love the Scott), but it's just annoyances like this that really get at me. Anyone else have this issue?

• 3 weeks later...

I thought somewhere it was said that what was on display wasn't the final line-up, just what was able to be displayed (although I could be wrong and that probably is the final line-up anyways).

I'd bet money that it's the final line-up, but what you wrote is exactly what Zach said; they weren't meant to represent the final set.

IIRC, Zach said somewhere that, because of the late (compared to their usual production schedule) reveal of the Phoenix 5 designs by Marvel, DST had to put all six characters into production before the poll outcome was known in order to have the set in stores this year. From that, one might assume all six will be released one way or another. The four we saw at SDCC were still pending licensor approval, so the official line is that they're not necessarily the final lineup. However, the three Avengers lead in our own internal poll, and Cyclops seems like an obvious choice to include in the set.

The poll is actually still live on TRU's site, although I'm not sure if they're still counting votes...

Edited by Lobsterman

Yeah, they had all 6 at SDCC, the the single pic that was taken only had 4 of them in it. The other two were off to the side. That's not the final lineup.

Say WAHT?!?!?!? :ohmy:

Really? Did anyone else see them? Or better yet, did anyone else snap pictures? I must have completely missed them. We are talking about Phoenix Force Colossus & White Queen, right?

Yeah, they had all 6 at SDCC, the the single pic that was taken only had 4 of them in it. The other two were off to the side. That's not the final lineup.

Say WAHT?!?!?!? :ohmy:

Really? Did anyone else see them? Or better yet, did anyone else snap pictures? I must have completely missed them. We are talking about Phoenix Force Colossus & White Queen, right?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I didn't see Emma or Colossus, either, but I didn't inspect the displays very closely for new stuff after the first couple visits.