UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AGENT 88 KICKSTARTER MINIMATES

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for clarification, which Kickstarter option includes all of the different 88 Minimates. Maybe it's obvious and I missed it.

If you pledge $258 (or more) you can get all 10. There is an '8 for 88' option as well but we're still waiting to hear from Digger which 2 are missing from that reward package.

Hi Guys,

My name is Jan Utstein and I'm Digger's Producing partner on AGENT 88. I've been reading alot of your posts, especially about the 8 for 88 question of which 2 minimates are not included. So here's the answer - I put the 8 for 88 up on the Kickstarter by mistake. I though we were doing 4 sets and I really like the way 8 for 88 sounded. Then we were off to Comic Con before I realized that I should have made the offer for all 10, not for 8.

I've corrected the mistake. I've put up a new incentive to replace the 8 for 88. So now the options are get all 10 Agent 88 minimates characters for $108 with a mini poster signed by Digger OR for $258 you get the same 10 plus the hardcover edition of "HEAVY METAL PRESENTS:The ART of 88" art book, plus a t-shirt, plus a swag bag and digital downloads. We'll be putting up a video showing off some of the art very soon. We've got AMAZING talent on board.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

I hope this helps!

-HurricaneJan

Stay up to date on the latest developments at www.agent88films.com

Donate to the kickstarter http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460783231/agent-88-the-web-series

Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/search/Agent%2088

Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Agent88Films

Also you guys will probably notice a few new rewards on the Kickstarter page. One of them is an exclusive set of promos that our store has pledged to purchase!

LTS_promos.jpg

The black blank features a white A88 logo, and the flesh colored blank features a red A88 logo. I am very excited for the opportunity to be able to offer these exclusive blanks! If this Kickstarter project is a success, these will be produced and sold in our store. But only if the Kickstarter is fully funded! As of this writing it is up to almost $14,000 so things are definitely heating up. :)

Thanks Luke ! U'r a star man. Press is launched about Minimates high and wide today- should see some 88 and HEAVY METAL MINIMATE press coming shortly

Guys - please try to spread the word cross the other topic boards cause this is my home base here for the time being. Time is burning even with the army I have pushing to see us win.

We really need to move these A88 REDS thats would be a huge help. These were put up as a cheaper alternative to the other figures.

We're about to launch a HEAVY METAL : THE ART OF 88 video in the next hour showcasing some of the 88 art with music from Goldsboro ( Sons of Anarchy ) .

AGENT 88 Special Edition MELTCAST Episode 9 with Digger T Mesch and Kay D'Arcy. Such a cool bunch of folk at Meltdown Comics. Thanks so much to Ryan, Josh and Angie for having us over. Good times. My voice is so raspy I can hardly understand myself. accck

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/meltcast-2.0-episode-9-agent/id529665442?i=118473597#

awww sheet ya. i knew something would suck my ass into minimates eventually lol. I came here just wanting to collect battle beasts and nothing else then ended up wanting the agent 88 stuff.. I hope this explodes and just takes off like crazy

Awesome Luke. I honestly hoped you'd be able to get on board with something.

And welcome to the Multiverse Jan. Your clarification (and adding the new option) has been very helpful!

Thanks, Groundhog! I see a few of you have already taken advantage of the incentive.

Cool, cool!

-Jan

I like bacon too....

Edited by HurricaneJan

Those promos look awesome Luke! I just went in on the red blank, so hopefully this happens so I can get the black and flesh as well. I wish I had more to pledge, I'd go for the full set of 10. I wonder who picked up the 500 ninjas incentive, was that you too Luke?

Just for clarification, which Kickstarter option includes all of the different 88 Minimates. Maybe it's obvious and I missed it.

If you pledge $258 (or more) you can get all 10. There is an '8 for 88' option as well but we're still waiting to hear from Digger which 2 are missing from that reward package.

Hi Guys,

My name is Jan Utstein and I'm Digger's Producing partner on AGENT 88. I've been reading alot of your posts, especially about the 8 for 88 question of which 2 minimates are not included. So here's the answer - I put the 8 for 88 up on the Kickstarter by mistake. I though we were doing 4 sets and I really like the way 8 for 88 sounded. Then we were off to Comic Con before I realized that I should have made the offer for all 10, not for 8.

I've corrected the mistake. I've put up a new incentive to replace the 8 for 88. So now the options are get all 10 Agent 88 minimates characters for $108 with a mini poster signed by Digger OR for $258 you get the same 10 plus the hardcover edition of "HEAVY METAL PRESENTS:The ART of 88" art book, plus a t-shirt, plus a swag bag and digital downloads. We'll be putting up a video showing off some of the art very soon. We've got AMAZING talent on board.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

I hope this helps!

-HurricaneJan

Stay up to date on the latest developments at www.agent88films.com

Donate to the kickstarter http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460783231/agent-88-the-web-series

Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/#!/search/Agent%2088

Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Agent88Films

Damn it, so how do I change my order/pledge due to this error in listing? I could give 2 sh*ts about Heavy Metal Presents books. I just wanted the 10 mates and the 258 was the only option at the time. When I saw I would get 2 more mates that were exclusive I put in the fouth pledge under my work email address.

Not trying to take away my pledge, but I feel screwed by an error out of my control. I'll buy 2 of the 108.00 packages so I don't hurt the fundraising, but I want to cancel my original $258 pledge due to the option to get all 10 mates being available now.

Edited by highassroller

Click the Manage Pledge button on the page. Make sure you are logged in with the correct account. At this point I have pledged from 4 different email accounts.

Thanks Buddy,

Trying to create a 5th email account as we speak so I can get another 10-pack of mates... so damn silly to have to do that...

And please save a set of those 88 mates for me from your store!

Edited by highassroller

....& so the hunt begins, where do we go & how much does it cost ?

I'm sorry.... I really am...truly... but I still need to know what I need to do & how much do I have to pay .

I am a Minimate collector,just need the Minimates...happy to help but just want the Minimates,Minimates I can discuss with people who have the same Minimates as me.

Thought of the day: "This may well be harder than buying Minimates from TRU.com"

So what do I do please & what do I get thankyou ?

I'm sorry ....I really am...truly ....but I still need to know what I need to do & how much do I have to pay .

-dejavuheadsmate

I buy 8 .....then find there are 2 more. 8 + 2 =10 .... I buy 10...then there are a couple of blanks which I'll get from Luke. 10 + 2 =12 ......10 that I pledge for & 2 from Luke ,that's 12 .

.....now I see a whole new possible range of Green,Yellow,Purple,Silver ,Pink ....think of a colour :unsure:

Rob, I would suggest that you just pledge on every option with the word Minimates in it that way you can sleep better by having all of your bases covered. Throwing money at a situation usually seems to work and probably would in this case.

Edited by groundhog7s

I buy 8 .....then find there are 2 more. 8 + 2 =10 .... I buy 10...then there are a couple of blanks which I'll get from Luke. 10 + 2 =12 ......10 that I pledge for & 2 from Luke ,that's 12 .

.....now I see a whole new possible range of Green,Yellow,Purple,Silver ,Pink ....think of a colour :unsure:

The thing to remember BHM is unless 88k is reached none of these will exist anyways.

The 108$ °°°MINIMATES 10 FOR 108 INCENTIVE°°° - °All 10 Agent 88 "Character" MiniMates... °Mini Poster Signed by Toy Creator and A88 Director: Digger T Mesch... THIS REPLACES THE 8 for 88 REWARD. PLUS: °A88 Digital Bundle° ∞(International backers, please add $10)∞

Seems to be the sanest way to get the 10 Agent 88 Minimates, there are the red A88 blanks in a lower reward tier too, but I imagine you have hundreds already.

The armada of blank minimates seem to be incentives aimed at retailers, namely if a retailer pledges $1508 they then get a small army of that specific blank to then sell on, Luke has taken the Flesh ones for example so IF this gets funded and they get made, you'll buy them from Luke.

It has to be said though this is fast becoming the most confusing Kickstarter with the most baffling reward structure ever and I've backed some crazy ones before.

Thanks for the help guys ,us old un's appreciate it .

I'm thinking about going for the 'Retailer Exclusive' 'Hot Pink' .....at $1508 it's a no brainer in my opinion .

I reckon if I put just one on ebay then b00sted will drop at least $200 on it immediately .

The other 499 I'll just keep & thereby thwart every other Minimate collector attaining a complete collection of Minimates .....& it would be costing me a mere $1308 plus $22 because of my alien status.

My thanks by the way to b00sted who was good enough to send me his Minimate Vorin Promo Price Guide , his guidance for ebay bidding was invaluable . Who would have known that all you have to do is bid like this .....

....who would have known ??

I think the trouble that Rob and a few of us are having is that there is no way to get all the Minimates with one pledge (at least not with the same Kickstarter account). First there was the '8 for 88', now there's one for all 10 characters, but we've just found out that Luke has pledged to carry two blanks and a ninja...which combined with the red blank gives us a total of 14 Agent 88 Minimates. So far anyway. Digger also mentioned 2 'mystery' Minimates a few pages back so I wouldn't be surprised if there were more on the way. But yes, very confusing.

And on the topic of the web series itself, I think seeing some actual footage from the show might sway some investors. If the show is in the can (minus all the post work they mention) surely they can throw together a teaser trailer?

Edited by Fujis