UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AGENT 88 KICKSTARTER MINIMATES

In the spirit of being open and honest, it was me...and I couldn't be happier or more appreciative so thanks Digger.

Sorry if people are peeved about it, but trust me, it's going to a good home.

Congats bro! Super stoked for you :D

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the spirit of being open and honest, it was me...and I couldn't be happier or more appreciative so thanks Digger.

Sorry if people are peeved about it, but trust me, it's going to a good home.

A UK home ,a sweet deserved home.

I watched as it all unravelled this morning .I woke up & logged straight in thinking that the '88's' were being sold on ebay & cursed that they must all have been sold :rolleyes: Then I cruise in here & watch Digger posting his incredible offer...I literally refreshed my screen at the moment he posted & I'm thinking WTF is that guy doing 'up' at this time ? Bear in mind the time differences ...I'm in UK he US....it didn't really register WTF was going down,then it twigged....then I thought "Blimey email the guy now....now Rob now Rob now :woot: Then it dawned on me what I would actually be doing IF it was indeed I that would be the first to reply .............. :unsure:

God bless you UK Collector* what a result my friend . Karma pure bloody karma . :biggrin:

*You recall your PM about my 'Welcome Digger' post? I do. :lol:

The A88 RED Minimate from SDCC. *snip*

If we put them up for 18 bucks each in a few days is that cool ?

It makes me happy! And that's the point, isn't it? (Oh wait, there was something about raising funds and awareness for your project...)

Thanks for listening to the rant!

Sounded more like a reasoned explanation than a rant. Either way, thanks for coming by.

Edited by Cappy

So, Digger. This is going to be a tactless question. My dad always says plan for the worst, hope for the best, so...

When your Kickstarter fails to raise 88K, what are you going to do with the already produced 88 Promo minis?

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Digger, I understand bro...

And just an update, my Wife is contemplating allowing me to throw in another 1,088 for another custom mate. Trying to convince her that it would be romantic to have one of each of us... for like a wedding memory thing. One thing she is not liking is 2 HighAssRoller mates one for me to play with and one sealed...

As it stands, there'll need to be another 80k in funding anyway for the first one to pan out, so you may as well throw the cash in anyways...

Good point!

Good point??? And this mentality is why America and Europe is drowning in consumer debt. If Digger hits the goal, you will be charged and you will need to PAY for it. Yes you might be able to float on the credit for a month, but then the finance fees hit. Only buy what you know you can afford to pay for.

I'm sure Digger does not need B.S. investors or pledges, he needs real funding by people willing and able to pay their pledge.

Here's another good point, you can also get a new 0% interest for 1 year credit card to make these purchases. I mean, Digger still have a long way to go in 17 days <- THAT IS SARCASM for Lord's Sake!!!

Edited by highassroller

Digger, I understand bro...

And just an update, my Wife is contemplating allowing me to throw in another 1,088 for another custom mate. Trying to convince her that it would be romantic to have one of each of us... for like a wedding memory thing. One thing she is not liking is 2 HighAssRoller mates one for me to play with and one sealed...

As it stands, there'll need to be another 80k in funding anyway for the first one to pan out, so you may as well throw the cash in anyways...

Good point!

Good point??? And this mentality is why America and Europe is drowning in consumer debt. If Digger hits the goal, you will be charged and you will need to PAY for it. Yes you might be able to float on the credit for a month, but then the finance fees hit. Only buy what you know you can afford to pay for.

I'm sure Digger does not need B.S. investors or pledges, he needs real funding by people willing and able to pay their pledge.

Here's another good point, you can also get a new 0% interest for 1 year credit card to make these purchases. I mean, Digger still have a long way to go in 17 days <- THAT IS SARCASM for Lord's Sake!!!

Yes, I'm aware that if it's funded you would have to pay. My pledge pales in comparison to yours. You are the spending a thousand so if you want another one then why not. I assumed you were not putting these on credit but had the funds to cover them within a month. My pledge goes right to my debit card so I'm good to go.

So "good point" is if you really want another go for it. Not assuming you would have to charge them and pay off slowly. When I see highassroller I think $$$$.

Now, have you just bought one custom?

Edited by Hawkeye's Junk

Just crossed 8k . Been working hard to get our team to push on Facebook as well as calls all over to the right people to sell the Associate prodicer credits and Executive Producer Credits. I need help to get the word out to the rest of the toy world faster.

Our press releases were held back because of the shooting in Colorado but we're turning it up to 11 over the next few days and I need everyone that cares enough have invested or is considering investing to push all the new material thats going to launch.

My friend Jon Schnepp who directs Metalocylpse is going to be guest directing an AGENT 88 70's episode which im psyched about. I know that many of you don't know that Kickstarter is the future of creative funding for everything. With this better work is going to come out without the interference of outside parties that are only in it for the money. Creatives can make great stuff and go direct to an audience. Jons following as well as Titmouses following is pretty rad and they're going to get behind me.

If this means anything to anyone...take a look at how many creative people in the business are rallying behind me in this over the next week . Must be a reason! If we don't cash out on Kickstarer then I'll get the cash privately from an investor and we wont make any of the stuff that's in the campaign which would be a shame because the whole Minimate aspect of it would have really gotten the message out that Minimates matter.

Here's Jon's last project that he funded for a lot more than Im asking and they were no where near their goals for weeks and had a longer campaign than we have. They were over 100k away with no time left and in the last 5 days days the thing went through the roof and over funded.

We crossed 8k last night which I was grateful for but I'd really like to see all those A88 Red Mates be gone in the next few days. I put them up here for minimates fans. If anyone could please help push that to the other topic areas that would be great. Look at what other people are offering on Kickstarter and look at what we are offering ? Not even CLOSE. At least 15k of the cash we need to work with goes to making high end books, toys, shirts etc etc.

$8,318

pledged of $88,000 goal

days to go

New video showcasing the Heavy Metal Art of 88 book coming out later today. GOLDSBORO gave us rights to one of their tracks Great White Buffalo ( Sons Of Anarchy ) for 88 series. IM going to use it for this today so check it out later. They're rad.

Please help move those A88 Reds. If they dont move in the campaign -Ill melt them into silly red slag -they wont wind up on ebay. :)

DIG

Edited by Digger T Mesch

Understood, yes I only bought one custom and two agent 88 minimates thus far.

My wife and I have a joint account now, and unfortunately I need her blessing to buy another one. I did cook dinner for her last night, and will be taking her today to her favorite restaurant. So hopefully I will get the approval within the week for another custom. Not to sound like a horrible man, but I prefer to have the second custom NOT be of her, and I think she really doesn't care, she just cares about seeing me spend thousands on "plastic" as she says.

(I also collect other figure lines with as a Completionist so I have to give her credit for her understanding and kind nature thus far!) Also she recently is scaring me saying she wants to collect Hot Toys now, but I think she is just trying to make a point at my expense. <_<

Edited by highassroller

Digger, your Kick Starter Campaign is full of goodness and I would not be surprised to see you reach your goals once we get closer. Sorry about the nut job in CO taking up the press and media outlets.

Also not sure if you were joking but...

PLEASE don't melt those Agent 88s!!! Please Please sell them to the community here! My stomach is churning thinking about a pile of melted mates....

Understood, yes I only bought one custom and two agent 88 minimates thus far.

My wife and I have a joint account now, and unfortunately I need her blessing to buy another one. I did cook dinner for her last night, and will be taking her today to her favorite restaurant. So hopefully I will get the approval within the week for another custom. Not to sound like a horrible man, but I prefer to not have the second custom NOT be of her, and I think she really doesn't care, she just cares about seeing me spend thousands on "plastic" as she says.

(I also collect other figure lines with as a Completionist so I have to give her credit for her understanding and kind nature thus far!) Also she recently is scaring me saying she wants to collect Hot now, but I think she is just trying to make a point at my expense. <_<

Lol, I hear ya. I wouldn't want one of my wife either! I've also don't have joint accounts so that helps with all the crap I buy. Now, It's cool that you would get one of yourself. If I paid them I would be selfish and choose a mate they would never do. Probably, Vader or something Star Wars related but who knows maybe you cant do licensed material. I would hope for $1000 you could choose whatever you want. I hope Digger gets his goal so we can see it!

Lol, I hear ya. I wouldn't want one of my wife either! I've also don't have joint accounts so that helps with all the crap I buy. Now, It's cool that you would get one of yourself. If I paid them I would be selfish and choose a mate they would never do. Probably, Vader or something Star Wars related but who knows maybe you cant do licensed material. I would hope for $1000 you could choose whatever you want. I hope Digger gets his goal so we can see it!

I think there is a licensing issue... but now would be a good time for me to mention the HighAssRoller is always seen wearing black, a cape, and a mechanical like Breathing Apparatus.

Edited by highassroller

https://twitter.com/diggertmesch

Twitter is the best way to follow the campaign whether you want to see us make 88 or fall on our face. Please sign up and help spread the word. I believe if ur going to lose ...LOSE BIG and publically. :) gets you in better shape for the the next mission from God.

I have a few questions -

How many Mates fans are on this site?

What are the age groups here ? if one more person calls me the Grandfather of Minimates im going to shoot myself. I'm 43 ! not 88!

PETER TWEETING TODAY ABOUT OUR EVENT

https://twitter.com/TheWookieeRoars/status/227077584234614789/photo/1

Yes we need to make SHIFT Peter Mayhew taller for sure as a Minimate.

Digger, your Kick Starter Campaign is full of goodness and I would not be surprised to see you reach your goals once we get closer. Sorry about the nut job in CO taking up the press and media outlets.

Also not sure if you were joking but...

PLEASE don't melt those Agent 88s!!! Please Please sell them to the community here! My stomach is churning thinking about a pile of melted mates....

Colorado was an atomic tragedy- i'd dump my career to bring that kid back- something is seriously wrong with the world.

Just for clarification, which Kickstarter option includes all of the different 88 Minimates. Maybe it's obvious and I missed it.

If you pledge $258 (or more) you can get all 10. There is an '8 for 88' option as well but we're still waiting to hear from Digger which 2 are missing from that reward package.

The verdict is in... no go on the second custom Minimate. My wife actually called me out and said the dinner better not be some lame excuse to butter her up. But bless her heart, she did let me pledge another $258 for the exclusive 10 Minimates bundle. So I used my work email address to create another account and pulled the trigger on the 10 pack of minimates.

The verdict is in... no go on the second custom Minimate. My wife actually called me out and said the dinner better not be some lame excuse to butter her up. But bless her heart, she did let me pledge another $258 for the exclusive 10 Minimates bundle. So I used my work email address to create another account and pulled the trigger on the 10 pack of minimates.

Damn, at least u got the chance with one. I agree Darth Vader with pink gloves would be great!

Damn, at least u got the chance with one. I agree Darth Vader with pink gloves would be great!

Dude- thats awesome. Thanks ! Don't stress. If all you can do is spread the word it's a huge help. We're doing really good today man, Kay is going to be the happiest blood drenched war mongoring 80 year old woman on Earth soon.

Is there a MMMV presence on FB ?

Guys

The 2 missing minimates were suppossed to be mystery figures. That should have been written in the body of copy. I'll check with my partner to see if she can unlock the art and add that in now. once buying starts kickstarter locks you out of making changes.

The 2 missing minimates were suppossed to be mystery figures. That should have been written in the body of copy. I'll check with my partner to see if she can unlock the art and add that in now. once buying starts kickstarter locks you out of making changes.

What I was wondering specifically is which 2 were missing from the '8 for 88' and if it was possible to pledge less than the $258 for the 'Everything Heavy Metal and Minimates' package to get all 10. It looks like it should be possible to get the '8 for 88' plus one of the $28 or $38 options to secure them all - is that correct? Or are you saying that there are in fact 12 Agent 88 Minimates plus the blank?

And here's a cool pledge tracking tool on KickTrag: Agent 88 - The Web Series

....& so the hunt begins, where do we go & how much does it cost ?

I'm sorry.... I really am...truly... but I still need to know what I need to do & how much do I have to pay .

I am a Minimate collector,just need the Minimates...happy to help but just want the Minimates,Minimates I can discuss with people who have the same Minimates as me.

Thought of the day: "This may well be harder than buying Minimates from TRU.com"

So what do I do please & what do I get thankyou ?

....& so the hunt begins, where do we go & how much does it cost ?

I'm sorry.... I really am...truly... but I still need to know what I need to do & how much do I have to pay .

I am a Minimate collector,just need the Minimates...happy to help but just want the Minimates,Minimates I can discuss with people who have the same Minimates as me.

Thought of the day: "This may well be harder than buying Minimates from TRU.com"

So what do I do please & what do I get thankyou ?

Here's the page, BHM. Looks like you make your pledge and once it hits the goal, you get your stuff. Not sure there's a straight answer as to what happens to the promos if the limit is not met.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460783231/agent-88-the-web-series