UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2012-Discussion Thread

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicago con was the place to be this year...but y'all didn't show up. But, I suppose we can try again for next year and give all you rookies another chance.

Alright, it's a date. :)

Lobster and Grannyhog sitting in a tree.... :sick:

T.

I don't check the boards for one day and this thread goes to pony hell.

Here's a bone, chew on it bronies. I don't think you've seen the posters yet? Ignore if you have seen it. There's a 4th. Just the standard Marvel poster insert in the Marvel sets.

IMG_0721.JPG

This poster is awesome if I wnd up being able to get one my wife is soon going to learn to hate my battle beast wall lol

SDCC is one of those things that anyone with geeky comic/toy interests should do at least once... Rob will verify that no matter how prepared you are for it you will be overwhelmed the first time you step onto the show floor.

What this man said, you've got to do SDCC once in life. But that was enough for me.

Now, I've been going to cons longer than most people on this board have been alive, so I'm no newbie to the sweaty masses. While the glitz at SDCC is amazing, there are just too many people. The chances to do the fun things, the reasons you attended the convention, just become frustrations. Getting in the door takes forever, exclusives can't be had, celebs can't be visited, panel seating can't be found, etc. The best thing about such a huge con is meeting online friends, but even then, tracking some one down, physically getting through the pressing flesh, makes that a chore.

So, I've been to SDCC, but I won't be going back. Instead, NYCC is my pick for big conventions, but I'm planning to give C2E2 a whirl. They're both large conventions that haven't gotten too big -- you can still walk down the aisles on Saturday.

While the glitz at SDCC is amazing, there are just too many people. The chances to do the fun things, the reasons you attended the convention, just become frustrations. Getting in the door takes forever, exclusives can't be had, celebs can't be visited, panel seating can't be found, etc. The best thing about such a huge con is meeting online friends, but even then, tracking some one down, physically getting through the pressing flesh, makes that a chore.

You've sold me! :ermm:

The chances to do the fun things, the reasons you attended the convention, just become frustrations. Getting in the door takes forever, exclusives can't be had, celebs can't be visited, panel seating can't be found, etc. The best thing about such a huge con is meeting online friends, but even then, tracking some one down, physically getting through the pressing flesh, makes that a chore.

So, I've been to SDCC, but I won't be going back. Instead, NYCC is my pick for big conventions, but I'm planning to give C2E2 a whirl. They're both large conventions that haven't gotten too big -- you can still walk down the aisles on Saturday.

You fail to mention the pungent aroma of the socially awkward attendees. Huffing it around the exhibit floors to get the exclusives ends up working these mom's basement dwellers into an sticky oily lather. It is actually quite a feat making such a massive convention center smell like a giant butt.

Agreed that SDCC has become a mad house over the last couple of years. Why look what it's done to our own Zach Oat after only 3 days.

391234_10151034443146683_1854954590_n.jpg

'Nuff said. ;)

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Starting out with the battle beasts comic. Also sides of BB design sheets (Viron & Grunto)

Also two different versions of Murk (comix shops and TRU) TRU will have different tampos than the comic shop ones.

Please excuse typos.

Red tickets given fr a raffle.

Scorpion army builder looks crazy, as does the tarantulas and snake men.

TRU exclusive is the moose and bat, comic shops will have exclusive humans.

Now walking dead!!! Exclusive pack is sold out in many places here.

Comic wave 1 & TRU wave one shown, as are some wave 2 protos & a Micchione design sheet (she has her 2 pets coming soon)

Expendables sets come with a lot of weapons, series 2 is coming and will be based on E2. TRU set has Willis, Norris, schwarzenegger, & Stallone.

More Marvel v Capcom & street fighter vs Tekken wave 1 & 2 photos.

Kitt & Calico Jack pirate ship is coming to TRU.

Also Munsters Coach!!! (b&w and color!!!)

2012 is the last year for halo and TRU are going out with a bang!!! More armors and helmets to swap & customize.

Universal monsters Hunchback & Mummy

Thundercats!!!!!!

Shop AFX has sets 1 & 2 on display at their booth.

Mumma-Rah design sheet shown.

Now into Marvel! Shows wave 44 & TRU 13, & amazing Spidey sets.

Outback X-Men wave shown.

TRU 14 Shown. Rhino looks huge.

FF wave (48 design sheets shown) variant Alicia Masters sheet shown. Comes with a sculpted Thing bust.

TRU will have a corresponding FF set, can't show anything.

SDCC AvX & Alpha Flight shows, as well as Disney Store sets & the fear itself sets.

Iron man comes w slip on mask & odin's staff is translucent as hawkeyes arrows.

Venom box set shown.

AvX poll designs shown.

Marvel wave 50 fan poll! Winners are...

Cyborg Spidey, Danny ketch ghost rider, songbird, Zeno, nova corp, onslaught, and the variant is WW2 Zemo

Other highly voted people might make it ini futur waves

Ugh, typo. Highly voted characters might be made into future waves***

Star trek minimates will come to comic shops, TRU might be in the future. The command chair in the enterprise could be removable. It comes with a Kirk.

spiderman was pretty much a given from the start, i thought everyone new that?

If they absolutely have to include a Spider-Man in every wave, give us updated versions of Spider-Man 2099, Scarlet Spider, or Iron Spider-Man I say. >_> Once again, Banshee gets the shaft. DST must hate him or something.