UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2012-Discussion Thread

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how they took a wave of FF and made them completely amazing. It's that kind of touch that makes me think DST is just hitting their stride. When you can take lack-luster characters that have been done several times before and still amaze people with new versions, you prove you know how to stay relevant. Well, that is except for Trek. I'm not sure how you make that different and interesting any more.

MrJasonTodd, in regards to "2012 is the last year for halo and TRU are going out with a bang!!! More armors and helmets to swap & customize.", did they specifically say "going out with a bang" and was there any more elaboration?

I ask because it looks like series 5 may have been reworked slightly to include more UNSC Marines that weren't originally solicited.

Here was the question I submitted to Q&A recently too:

"Hi Chuck, I know both you and Zach have stated that Series 5 of Halo will be the last, and there are no plans to continue to make ‘mates from the upcoming Halo 4. I’m here to ask you to please consider making 1 final Specialty Boxset or Army Dump with the following to round out what has been a great line with some very important Minimates that were missed. - Female UNSC Marine (with extra weapons and parts to make Flood infected Marines) - Covenant Grunt (with laser pistol, Needler, and plasma grenades) - Metallic purple Covenant Elite (with extra weapons and parts to make Flood infected Elites) - Flood Carrier (balloon creature) with Flood infection spores (If you want to make this an Army Dump, just throw in the Miranda Keyes ‘mate that was solicited as the 1-per-case figure!) This release would be a great way to send off the Halo Minimates line with a BANG! instead of a whimper, so please consider producing this set as a “thank you” to the fans that have supported the Halo Minimates line through all 5 specialty and TRU releases, the Army Dump, and the multiple incarnations of the Warthog."

:woot:

Edited by youbastards

I think the fix is in on Songbird though. Somebody in house made sure that'd win, no way she'd get the most votes in any poll.

We did read the same voting thread about her, didn't we? If our members were like other people there was a huge push for her so the Thunderbolts could get completed.

Saying that makes me realize soon we can have a Thundercats/Thunderbolts throw down. I never would have seen that as a possibilty.

so no one thinks sue's invisble bubble is the coolest thing ever?

That piece just sold the set for me. Between that, the new fire stand for Johnny and Reed's hand/neck thing I'm totally onboard. And thank god there's an Alicia variant, I was worried that they were taking the easy way out with the mulleted Sue.

Also, for the record, I agree that the TOS love is a little crazy. What I would give to have a Data and Riker to stand with my Picard....

Mumma-ra and the FF wave look incredible, too bad they didn't show the corresponding TRU wave.

Some surprises on the poll winners (Cyborg spidey and Onslaught - at least it's Magneto version not bug version)

I'm shocked Falcon and Black Knight didn't make it. Both Zemos! :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

I have two confessions.

1. Back in the day, I voted to kill off Jason Todd. I'd like to apologize to and thank MrJasonTodd for his coverage of the Minimates panel.

2. Of all the news, I'm most excited about the Alicia Masters 'mate with Thing bust. I think that's just brilliant and can't wait to add it to my collection.

Yeah, thanks for the report!

Suggesting DST would fix a poll in order to release a character that they can release any time they want to is ridiculous, but it happens every time they have a poll, when people's expectations of what's popular aren't met. Excited for Songbird!

Puppet Master is Alicia's stepfather.

I'm honestly shocked that Songbird made the cut but Winter Soldier didn't. I would have thought that his much higher profile would have carried him to victory in a poll of general Marvel fans; hell, I believe the phrase I used was "mortal lock". But I guess that's why they play 'em....

Love the Torch and Invisible Woman bases, plus the Thing bust. DST's really upping their game with accessories. As it looks like we're doing the Byrne-era FF, I'd bet that we get the She-Hulk in the TRU wave. I think we'll get Shulky, the Thing, Annihilus (to compliment Blastaar), the two remaining Heralds, and... hmmm. Franklin? Wyatt Wingfoot? Sue Storm as Malice? Aunt Petunia?

Well, I love Mumm-Ra! And I think its perfect they are doing him all bulked up! and I love that there will be at least 4 series of Thundercats. There are at least 6 more characters, including that I think should be made, so I'm excited to see what is in store. The only thing I am bummed about, and I understand why its done this way, is that we have to wait 4 waves to get him. he looks so badass! They all actually look perfect in my opinion, I am sure that Ma-Mutt will be included since there seems to be little guys in all the sets.

I was shocked that there is no Falcon, but hopefully he'll be out soon enough. I am psyched about Nova Corps though, I voted for them, and Ghost Rider.

For me, besides Thundercats, my favorite looking mates that were shown are The Protector, the walrus guy, and snake guy...and that moose guy is the coolest yet in the BB line

edit: I forgot to add, I was looking forward to seeing the final two heralds, who ironically, were the only two I really wanted ever since cloneme did those sweet customs of them years ago.

Edited by Nervous