UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates 50: What's Your Dream?

hellpop

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because no one's demanding it.... GENERATION X.

Skin/M

Penance/Chamber

Husk/Synch

Mondo/Banshee

Emplate/ X-Cutionerperhaps Stan Lee in top hat as seen in issue :biggrin:

post-3472-0-40507100-1336066719_thumb.jp

We could get some cool new sculpts from the hair/hand spikes of Penance to the stretchy arms of Skin. Plus, I'd love to see how DST would model Husk shedding her skin. A great wave to get the whole team (add your own White Queen)and some much needed new parts for customs....('course now I've almost finished my AOA Generation Next team customs- pics coming soon).

Some great ideas here. I love the more obscure characters. Some of them were oddly popular back in my day. Superadaptoid would be an interesting minimate and Howard the Duck would be fun. If Marvel still has any pull with the license, I'd like to see a Rom Space Knight mini.

Deaths Head?! I thought I was the only one who read that book...

I think that regardless of who is in the wave, I sincerely hope there's something special about it. If anything, a wave that completes teams (GSXM, Tbolts, Jim Lee X-Men, etc) or is fan based would be awesome. Or even an all villians wave would be cool. Maybe that's where Toad can show up.

Or even an all villians wave would be cool.

I like the idea of having Wave 49 and 51 be "all hero" and "all villain" waves, with characters covering all of Marvel's history (First Appearance Green Goblin to the Hood), with the 50th wave being the special anniversary wave.

I also like the idea of having a special 10th anniversary giveaway at all the shows next year being Spidey with a party hat in a bag full of confetti, so my judgement is questionable.

I'd like to see a Rom Space Knight mini.

This please!

I'd like to see wave 50 as a 'retro' minimate wave where they are styled like the first waves of minimates. Clean, basic and simple as a reminder of where we came from... but wait there's more... the kicker would be that they would have all the fancy molded parts that new minimates have as accessories that fit over the basic minimates so you could display either as 2003 or 2013 style.

T.

... the kicker would be that they would have all the fancy molded parts that new minimates have as accessories that fit over the basic minimates so you could display either as 2003 or 2013 style.

And optional wrist/ankle reusable tampos that wrap all the way around.... :tongue:

Actually, I think that is a pretty cool idea, Timbo.

Deaths Head?! I thought I was the only one who read that book...

Sounds like you have a signature to update! ;)

I would like a set of the people behind the scenes at DST! Chuck, Zach... Etc

:)

With a spiderman just the make it marvel

I like it have each pack include an individual and their favorite marvel character. Though rather than have this as wave 50 it should be annual convention exclusive packs.

For my 50th wave list

Cerise/Korvus

Deathcry/Deathbird

X-Factor Uniform Val Cooper/Forge

90's Black Knight/Sersi

Narrowly edged out Kazar/Zabu and Corsair/Hepzibah due to the fact that both of those would go better in Savage Land and Starjammers four packs.

I'd like to see a Rom Space Knight mini.

This please!

Unfortunately, no, they don't still have the rights. I think Marvel even contacted Parker Bros. about them, since it's not like they're doing anything with Rom, but they wanted some insane price for them. So it's not to be.:sad:

It would be nice to get some more villains, so each set will be paired with a villain.

1. Banshee/Pyro

2. Sunfire / Silver Samurai

3. Black Knight / Zemo

4. Tigra / Titania

THIS!!!!

It's really hard for me to fault this wave at all. It has villains. It has women. It has much needed and previously unreleased heroes. I might sub Pyro for Black Tom . . . but that's the only thing i'd change.

What i would personally like to see if a wave that attempts to satisfy everyone; Something very diverse. The wave above is arguably a bit too x-heavy, which i don't personally mind - but it might get someone's knickers in a twist.

Before i saw this posting i was thinking up something along the lines of:

Obligatory SpiderMan variant (Perhaps Stan Lee in Spiderduds?)/Morbius

Zemo/Songbird

Forge/90's Multiple Man

Variant AoA Forge/90's Multiple Man

If it was purely what i want, We'd see:

Banshee/Spiral

Sunfire/Deathbird

Stryfe/Warpath

Toad/Pyro

Edited by Nessex

It would be nice to get some more villains, so each set will be paired with a villain.

1. post-2001-0-10575100-1336062558_thumb.jppost-2001-0-58903200-1336062587_thumb.jp

2. post-2001-0-33658200-1336062613_thumb.jppost-2001-0-97086600-1336062637_thumb.jp

3. post-2001-0-37468700-1336062705_thumb.jppost-2001-0-26606500-1336062836_thumb.jp

4. post-2001-0-01969800-1336062774_thumb.jppost-2001-0-90682200-1336062868_thumb.jp

I think this would be a killer lineup though I agree with the thought some have had of GSXM Storm and Thunderbird not looking so great. I'd raise that by one Colossus but that's an easy fix if some extra boots are included with the wave 47 version... Pretty please?

Though my totally selfish wave would probably be:

- Morbius/Songbird

- Darkhawk/Vulcan

- Baron Helmut Zemo (classic gear)/Awesome Android

- Variant: Helmut Zemo (New Thunderbolts look)

There's a very loose theme of the non-army builders having operated on both sides of the law, though that depends on how you interpret Darkhawk's role in War of Kings. I really dig both looks for Zemo as they're from different eras I'm a huge fan of and the Mad Thinker's android is kind of a stealth armybuilder in a way. I'd save a hypothetical Squirrel Girl as the possible anchor/selling point for a GLA boxset and the hopes and dreams of a united Multiverse to get Rocket Raccoon and Toad.

Edited by lemonfreshviper22

Now that I think about it more, I really think wave 50 is so significant, that Stan Lee is a must! What better way to celebrate 50 waves of Marvel than with Stan "the man" Lee himself? I'd love a street clothes Stan with extra Spidey parts to make Stan in costume. There could even be an extra Peter Parker head to have both options. There could even be a variant bathrobe Stan! :)

Don't have time for a fan poll. We're already announced through 47, for 50 is either set and sent to the factory, or will be soon.

So many good suggestions already. I think best I could hope for is an 8 figure wave, similar to Best of or TRU with no chase or army builder, of mostly new characters, with a 50/50 mix of heroes and villians.

What I would like to see, no holds barred, is a giant (2.5 & 3 inch minimate body) wave.

2.5" Hulk/ 2.5" Abomination

2.5" Red Hulk/ 3" Galactus

3" Goliath/ 3" Sentinel

Variant: 3" Giant Man/ 3" Sentinel

Realistically, I would like to see these characters as a wave:

Daisy Johnson/ Stepford Cuckoo

Variant: Victoria Hand/ Stepford Cuckoo

Jarvis/ Stan Lee (I have been asking for him for ages)

Robbie Robertson/ Franklin Richards w/ HERBIE

That should give almost everyone a little something.

Here's what I would love:

Marvel-1602

Specialty Wave:

Sir Nicholas Fury / Peter Parquagh

Virginia Dare / David Banner

Count Otto von Doom / Donal

Carlos Javier / Grand Inquisitor Enrique

TRU Wave:

Sir Nicholas Fury / Peter Parquagh

Doctor Stephen Strange / Uatu, the Watcher

Matthew Murdoch / Rojhaz

Carlos Javier / Grand Inquisitor Enrique

OH...and also, for wave 50 and beyond, I would hope they start making non-variant waves with equal distribution. To me, army builders are a waste of a slot and I would just enjoy seeing a new character in it's place.

Edited by jcastick